Gabbalala wrote: »
    I actually don’t want leagues.

The tears taste too good :lol:

RT
  • ContraCode64
    4835 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2022
    Orison wrote: »
    I just don't see the advantages of the new chemistry system. It's definetely not rewarding creativity since you are restricted to a few leagues and nations.

It's big "selling point" was "oh you can now play players on 0 chem without stat reduction". But as expected that one turned out to be useless. As long as chemistry boosts are a thing people are not going to slap a bunch of 0 chem players into their team (not to mention that it further ruins chem for other players who don't reach their league/nation thresholds because of 0 chem players wasting space and not even providing any chem to others).

The only real advantage is that you can get players on full chem without them having to sit directly next to or opposite someone in a team a formation template. No more having to worry about at least weak linking your keeper to at least one CB for example and much easier to link players like Theo and Giroud whose natural positions would make this far harder in the old system (chucking Theo at LW as a 5-6 chem LWB or whatever).

The 0 chem stat retention might be more of a thing at the end of the year when TOTS cards etc are maxing out, but otherwise yeah, next to nobody is playing players with 0 chem.

But yeah, small pros in the face of bigger cons.
  • ha032742
    51966 posts Moderator
    I just don't see the advantages of the new chemistry system. It's definetely not rewarding creativity since you are restricted to a few leagues and nations.

It's big "selling point" was "oh you can now play players on 0 chem without stat reduction". But as expected that one turned out to be useless. As long as chemistry boosts are a thing people are not going to slap a bunch of 0 chem players into their team (not to mention that it further ruins chem for other players who don't reach their league/nation thresholds because of 0 chem players wasting space and not even providing any chem to others).

The only real advantage is that you can get players on full chem without them having to sit directly next to or opposite someone in a team a formation template. No more having to worry about at least weak linking your keeper to at least one CB for example and much easier to link players like Theo and Giroud whose natural positions would make this far harder in the old system (chucking Theo at LW as a 5-6 chem LWB or whatever).

The 0 chem stat retention might be more of a thing at the end of the year when TOTS cards etc are maxing out, but otherwise yeah, next to nobody is playing players with 0 chem.

But yeah, small pros in the face of bigger cons.

Some pros are using/starting Mbappe on 0 chem at RW but yeah big cons to the system.
  • Kieran1903
    11932 posts Has That Special Something
    @Orison

I’m fully converted to the man, myth and 5/5 legend that is Jesus Corona. Ridiculous 😂
  • Spiersey
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The real issue for me about the Chemistry system is that Icons are essentially useless. You can't have 10 Icons and Messi in the same team and get perfect chem, which in itself is just complete nonsense. The whole appeal of the new system was that it was meant to allow more creativity in teams and make it easier to get full chem, however it's done the complete opposite. There are countless teams I have wanted to build where getting decent chem is impossible however would have been on full chem in any other FIFA. That's the most frustrating thing, it's actually restricted teams that would have worked in any other FIFA. Cards like Bale/Suarez etc would be fine having them surrounded by 1/2 icons.
  • Tsarov
    13002 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m in Division 1 right now and in World Cup Swaps playing constantly against Mbappe and Al Owairan or Ginola. Sometimes Cruyff or Eusebio. Then, what’s waiting in Elite Division matchmaking? World Cup R9’s everywhere?
  • ColeWorld
    16548 posts World Class
    uywgs0bljc8d.png

Want him back
  • TheDreamer
    3769 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2022
    Tsarov wrote: »
    I’m in Division 1 right now and in World Cup Swaps playing constantly against Mbappe and Al Owairan or Ginola. Sometimes Cruyff or Eusebio. Then, what’s waiting in Elite Division matchmaking? World Cup R9’s everywhere?
    I can say that my last Rivals promotion was also my very last Rivals promotion of Fifa 23 ...
  • Nem
    10050 posts Has That Special Something
    Needs to be more incentive to progress in rivals. Even if it's small coin rewards for reaching checkpoints, with a little bit more for promotion. The higher the division the more it increases.
  • WFCBagnall
    99536 posts Moderator
    Nicked from GD, but the whole Icon appearance issue is a case of them assigning wrong head scan ID's to Icons

4-C403-ED7-4358-47-EE-BC4-C-3-F569674-F170.png

Surely this wouldn't need a patch to resolve? A simple squad update should fix them all, right?
  • JoresOkore5
    2409 posts Fans' Favourite
    PACWYN is out now if anyone plays :)
  • iSptmnky
    15654 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Nicked from GD, but the whole Icon appearance issue is a case of them assigning wrong head scan ID's to Icons

Surely this wouldn't need a patch to resolve? A simple squad update should fix them all, right?

@EA_rephii
  • ha032742
    51966 posts Moderator
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    uywgs0bljc8d.png

Want him back

Think you were the only one to do him back then as the SBC was horrendously overpriced :D
  • Tsarov
    13002 posts Has That Special Something
    I would love Breel Embolo special card.
  • Brotato
    4801 posts National Call-Up
    Are you taking on feedback about the chemistry system @EA_rephii?

It came up once again this weekend. Atm it's a very restrictive system that forces you into heroes, icons and a maximum of 2-3 leagues. I think atleast in this thread nobody is truly happy with it.

Imo the easiest fix would be to reduce the requirements for every chempoint to 2. So 2 players with a "perfect link" would always have full chem as they would provide each other with 2 nation, 2 club and 2 league points.

The requirement of 3 of anything is making squad building way too restrictive, repetitive and tedious.

Given that lengthy requirements got changed from +15 to +14 and stuff like that I would also assume (and hope) that such a change to reaching certain critera (no matter if it's chem or an accelerate style) wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Tbh... I quite like the chem system (I know 😖)

I think it's fun
  • EA_rephii
    141 posts EA Community Manager
    iSptmnky wrote: »

@EA_rephii

Might look easier than it is :) But we are aware of the issue and the team is working on it. More I can't share, sorry.
  • Brotato
    EA_rephii wrote: »
    iSptmnky wrote: »

@EA_rephii

Might look easier than it is :) But we are aware of the issue and the team is working on it. More I can't share, sorry.

Can you respond to Orison's post about the chem
  • ContraCode64
    4835 posts National Call-Up
    ha032742 wrote: »
    uywgs0bljc8d.png

Want him back

Think you were the only one to do him back then as the SBC was horrendously overpriced :D

Didn't that cost 200k from scratch or something daft?
  • GL
    17187 posts World Class

Who did they map to R95 then 💀💀💀
  • Olleman
    15202 posts World Class
    Nen wrote: »
    I miss Futmas :(

My top promo to date. So fun and Simple that was!
  • Brotato
    CR7 right now:

bjv6u75l8b47.jpg
  • BecksRightPeg
    3161 posts National Call-Up
    The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ happened to swaps. Ronaldo, Pele, Zidane, Ginola in every team
  • Cadey 5
    14925 posts World Class
    edited December 2022
    Kieran1903 wrote: »
    @Orison

I’m fully converted to the man, myth and 5/5 legend that is Jesus Corona. Ridiculous 😂

Where you playing him? Got one in my club collecting dust
  • Kieran1903
    11932 posts Has That Special Something
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Kieran1903 wrote: »
    @Orison

Where you playing him? Got one in my club collecting dust

Start RW in a 433 but switch to 4321 in game with him playing on the left CF position. He’s actually unbelievable for a 20k card. Just wish he had a little bit more shot power. Saying that though, he hasn’t missed much either so not an issue at the moment.

• Jfo88
    23834 posts Club Captain
    OTW still not upgraded
  • ColeWorld
    16548 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »
    uywgs0bljc8d.png

Want him back

Didn't that cost 200k from scratch or something daft?

Yes and it was totally worth it!
  • BecksRightPeg
    3161 posts National Call-Up
    All the sweats must be out. Seeing Vieira in pretty much every squad :D
  • Gabbalala
    10345 posts Has That Special Something
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    OTW still not upgraded

Annoying, as I wanted Schlotterfodder ffs