Pressure makes the game no fun

Irishlion_04
165 posts Sunday League Hero
I am a good player. I go 16-4/14-6 in most WL. 8-2 in qualifiers. Division 1 and haven’t pushed for elite.

Pressure of any version makes the game frustrating to play. It’s not enjoyable. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it’s worse than ever before. Pressure breaks the attacking AI, no movement. It’s not a football game. EA should do everything in their power to fix this issue as soon as possible. I typically play until June but if I have to continue playing against pressure like this I will be done in January. It’s not an awful fifa but IMO when pressure tactics are turned on (especially constant pressure) it is the least fun to play ever.

Comments

• The_giant616
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    I started fit again 2 weeks ago after a year off and I'm already regretting it. When so many players already have multiple icons and apply pressure to my weak £250k team, it's impossible. I used to be able to beat bad players who had god squads but this year, with pressure and them patching pace back into the game, it's way too difficult.

I can be winning and have 70% possession but as soon as pressure is applied my players turn to 💩 and I lose.
  • broxigaz
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am a good player. I go 16-4/14-6 in most WL. 8-2 in qualifiers. Division 1 and haven’t pushed for elite.

Pressure of any version makes the game frustrating to play. It’s not enjoyable. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it’s worse than ever before. Pressure breaks the attacking AI, no movement. It’s not a football game. EA should do everything in their power to fix this issue as soon as possible. I typically play until June but if I have to continue playing against pressure like this I will be done in January. It’s not an awful fifa but IMO when pressure tactics are turned on (especially constant pressure) it is the least fun to play ever.

You have to be happy with ranks like that surely m8, see the thing is with changing the game it might not improve your ranking but make it worse.
  • Irishlion_04
    165 posts Sunday League Hero
    broxigaz wrote: »

You have to be happy with ranks like that surely m8, see the thing is with changing the game it might not improve your ranking but make it worse.

Well the reason why I lose the games I do is mostly because my opponent is down 2-0, they turn on pressure then it becomes a crap shoot for deflections and through balls. And sure it’s nice to finish well but if so much of the process is more frustrating than fun… what’s the point?
  • I always love the first thing people say when they make posts like this “ i am a good player”.. but.. 😂😂😂
  • broxigaz
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    broxigaz wrote: »

Well the reason why I lose the games I do is mostly because my opponent is down 2-0, they turn on pressure then it becomes a crap shoot for deflections and through balls. And sure it’s nice to finish well but if so much of the process is more frustrating than fun… what’s the point?

Yeah I have to admit m8 that sort of crap does happen.
  • JGDC74
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is why so many people quit on a draw, because their opponent makes the game a miserable experience for them by using pressure tactics.
  • Brandnu1
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JGDC74 wrote: »
    This is why so many people quit on a draw, because their opponent makes the game a miserable experience for them by using pressure tactics.

I’ll quit when I’m winning if high pressure goes on.
  • JGDC74
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brandnu1 wrote: »
    JGDC74 wrote: »

I’ll quit when I’m winning if high pressure goes on.

I won’t. But if they equalise in the first half using it then I’m done. This type of player isn’t playing to win, they are playing to not lose.
    It’s not so bad if the gameplay is responsive, and I can get my passes off before they get the ball. But if I’m constantly being dispossessed AFTER I have pressed the pass button, then I’m out.

• The_giant616
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just noticed that It destroys the shape of both teams too. Combined with them being their keeper out all the time and ball rolling and keeper chipping being nerfed it’s harder to counter than ever.
  • BlueWes80
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA think they were helping by nerfing stamina in pressure tactics. But really showed how out of touch they are. The main problem with pressure tactics isn’t stamina (although it wasn’t great). It’s the impact it has on your players. Suddenly in a player controlled game, the player no longer has control over their team, because a sulky opponent hits what is essentially a hail Mary ai assist tactic.
  • ICUP
    7404 posts League Winner
    I'm on balanced but can easily exert pressure as if I have pressure tactics because of overlapping fullbacks.

First year in ages where people are not sticking their fullbacks on stay back, whats worse is if someone has pressure tactics on with overlapping fullbacks and you win the ball back in your half. Half the time better booting the ball out of play
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2022

Pressure of any version makes the game frustrating to play. It’s not enjoyable. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it’s worse than ever before. Pressure breaks the attacking AI, no movement. It’s not a football game. EA should do everything in their power to fix this issue as soon as possible. I typically play until June but if I have to continue playing against pressure like this I will be done in January. It’s not an awful fifa but IMO when pressure tactics are turned on (especially constant pressure) it is the least fun to play

At high pressure, you can't win with only counterattacks and sprints because the game is broken. I don't enjoy playing counterattacks, it's boring, all the goals are scored the same without thinking, just a sprint. Why would someone collect cards and have a better team if they can't even dominate and push the opponent!
    Post edited by Marek87 on
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    I started fit again 2 weeks ago after a year off and I'm already regretting it. When so many players already have multiple icons and apply pressure to my weak £250k team, it's impossible. I used to be able to beat bad players who had god squads but this year, with pressure and them patching pace back into the game, it's way too difficult.

I can be winning and have 70% possession but as soon as pressure is applied my players turn to 💩 and I lose.
    but you can't win the game with pressure football, I could play them on counterattacks but that would be boring. However, people who play only for counterattacks usually can't do anything, they just use broken games.
  • Andrew62097
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2022
    Marek87 wrote: »

Pressure of any version makes the game frustrating to play. It’s not enjoyable. I don’t know what’s going on this year but it’s worse than ever before. Pressure breaks the attacking AI, no movement. It’s not a football game. EA should do everything in their power to fix this issue as soon as possible. I typically play until June but if I have to continue playing against pressure like this I will be done in January. It’s not an awful fifa but IMO when pressure tactics are turned on (especially constant pressure) it is the least fun to play

you're not a good player, you're just using broken plays, because counterattacks in the game can't be defended and the only way to win is by boring counterattacks from one goal to another. if the game is only about counterattacks without pressure, the game is downright boring.

This an awful comment. This game is horrific, but I’m tired of seeing people complain about the pace like it’s the biggest thing. If you’re losing cause of pace you just suck. It’s okay to suck. The real issues that need to be addressed is lack of response from players, pressure tactics breaking AI, and gameplay getting randomly completely missed. If you lose cause of those things GG I’m sorry the game is awful. But the people crying about pace, I’m sorry m8 you just suck
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2022

but you can't win the game with pressure football, I could play them on counterattacks but that would be boring. However, people who play only for counterattacks usually can't do anything, they just use broken games.

At high pressure, you can't win with only counterattacks and sprints because the game is broken. Playing on counterattacks makes me not happy, it's boring, all the goals are scored without thought, just a sprint and why would someone collect cards and have a better team if they can't even dominate and push the opponent!
    Post edited by Marek87 on