FIFA 23 Gameplay Discussion Thread

Comments

• > @Peanut2000 said:
    > Has the game speeded up after latest patch? I play on slow speed but it seems so fast now.

It seems like that. It looks totally unnatural and unrealistic to me. They need to decrease velocity of ground passes, now game looks like ping pong. It's impossible to make passes like that in real life. At release game looks pretty good and they managed to ruin the game after update. They only needed to fix minor bugs. Now the game is more like FIFA 22.
  • SBaggio59
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game is very beautiful but the gameplay is often incomprehensible and broken. There is a lack of competition in the development of football games. Fifa is boring.
  • vundu
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    Has the game speeded up after latest patch? I play on slow speed but it seems so fast now.

Yes, it's FIFA 22 all over again and the passing is the worst I've ever seen in a football game. Players can walk while attacking while defender's ice skate around them
  • StR
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Have you noticed that the CPU game in career mode is monotonous? Manchester city, Liverpool play the same way as Blackburn or Udinese. They never have ball possession, they never cross. They only play on the counterattack. Shall we open a discussion on trello? It is really boring. I play in ultimate mode.
  • xJOE
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Every game vs. CPU is 90 minutes of them ultra attacking and the speed is just ridiculous
  • xJOE
    edited October 2022
    That match they played with everyone covered in sensors was the biggest waste of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time. Yeah we got new animations but weren’t they supposed to understand how players position themselves and move as a unit? Wtf is this? (Btw that’s my CB with the ball attacking towards the left…)

cppumhc8y32b.png

• xJOE
    edited October 2022
    LOL looks at the Everton forwards on the right… the entire shape and positioning is just horrendous zkr0kxmyifii.png
  • StR
    7 posts Ball Boy
    I suggest you open a topic on general discussion or bug reports so we all answer them
  • TALIMMIAH09
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Would anyone look for a 4-3-3 guide that is not suited to the META? I am currently working on one and a defending 101 thread. The thread will highlight gameplay issues etc. I would like finishing to be toned down a bit as I seen some outrageous diagonal shots that seems impossible in real life unless going for low driven shot which is buffed in this FIFA.
  • TALIMMIAH09
    I would say that in this game I would like interceptions to be increased as right now it seems hard to manually intercept the ball and there is no effort to attack the first phase of the pitch with more thought. It seems way easier to by pass the first and second phase of the pitch without more control and does feel more transitions based on the game. Would like the trivela shots to be toned down as well as Goalkeepers make poor saves on FIFA as they don't cover the near post would essentially limit the attackers shooting area.
  • TALIMMIAH09
    Also anyone know how to start a new discussion? Trying to start one but seems difficult.
  • This has to be the worst game i have played on any console and this is ps5 next gen shocking
  • futis4specials
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    the biggest issue with gameplay for 1v1 is that the ai doesn't defend. just to test it i played 541 ptb and only controlled the st when defending. conceded 10 goals and the other team just walked through the ai as if it wasnt even there, like on beginner difficulty.

i want to enjoy fut because the graphics and animations are beautiful. but unfortunately i don't have brain damage and i can't look pass the obvious lack of football implementation in the game. for example would you pay to watch a premier league game if 17 of the players were on their phone for the entire game...? obviously not, you'd feel like you have been scammed out of $60, same thing applies to fifa.

that being said i know my iq is too high to enjoy fut, so it's nothing different to what i was expecting. pro clubs however is the reason this fifa is the worst since fifa 10. i think there are huge problems with the mechanics.
    - passes seem to lock onto team mates or interceptors like a homing missile, regardless where you aim it
    - sometimes players look like they're trying to scoop up a bunch of leafs when they pass
    - the ball gets stuck under players feet too much when controlling the ball and the player hovers around it like a repelling magnet

i havn't noticed that so much on 1v1, not sure why, maybe thats because 1v1 is so bad anyway that doesn't seem like a big deal.

i have never complained about fifa gameplay ever, so it's not like i'm nit picking. fifa usually only has minor issues in my opinion(excluding ai related issues, which is preventable by playing 11v)
    i only complained about minor issues before like gks dropping the ball yards infront of them when you press triangle
    defenders not being allowed in the box for goalkicks the year the ball was changed

fifa 23 however, the issues are such a big part of the game that even pro clubs feels bad.
  • Gameplay has basically not changed for years!!!!
    anyone who knows how to use fast players who dribble well can win any match no matter how skilled you are or how well thought is your team.

Strikers is a fantastic example. You watch Lewandowsky, Benzema or Haaland in reality and what a player. Amazing !!! Fast drible, turnovers, and strike well. on Fifa nobody uses them !! I wonder why??

They can't hold the ball, are amazingly slow, any contact on the back they fall, can't dribble so they never actually have almost any chances to score!! When they do have them they score ok, but it's one chance in 10000. that is why I am playing Ultimate team and other online platforms and nobody uses these types of player.

This can be seen on other parts of the game like the midfield aswell. it's less obvious but for example I use Bernardo Silva like Maradona and Messi Combined but Casemiro or Kroos need authorization from Home office to move each leg. Have these people watch even 1 game through the entire year???

PS. Last week in another tentative of improving my team, because of the chemistry , i try to change all 3 in front of the attack, starting with Benzema, (Ballon'Dor) the best in last season, to make some wins and score goals, and then save money to buy Vini Jr. that i knew that has everything, speed, dribbling, goals, pace, and so on.

Then once more, I have to sell Benzema, because it was too slow, in sprints, in just simple movements, and dribbling that was very difficult to score with him, or simply try to play as a team, the same with Lewandowsky, then I have to change strategy, and thought about a 3 players from the same league, like Bundesliga, bought the special Sané, plus Coman and Sadio Mané, that in the reality this year, it's playing like a striker, but in Fifa 23, it´s a SA or Center Forward, then his chemistry doesn´t work for the group, because we cannot change his position, that for me it's a mistake. Any Coach in the world, create a lot of different positions for his players, we can see that with lot of players, like Cristiano for instance, started as a winger, then change for main center.

Speaking of wingers, from last year to this one we lost two important positions, specifically the left and right forward. Not only they should have created new ones as a second striker or mobile strikers or mobile forwards since so many clubs in reality use them as Man City, Liverpool, Bayern Munchen, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc etc as by removing these positions and adding absolutely nothing now these players are way too far from the goal.

instead of doing diagonals and show up in the area, moving freely around the 3d center of the pitch they are so wide that is way harder to have any influence on the game and the goal average has dropped from the sky.

Still on Gameplay how in god's name hasn't the tactics and formations change anything in years???

has a few new features that basically do nothing but the real problems are all still there.

There is no formation options, very basic and does not match anything real.
    example :

Impossible to pressure as a block. By pressing with only one or two players which is the only options we have it's like playing cat and mouse game if you are any good I will not touch the ball. I can but don't do this I actually like football!!! Rather lose!

offside line behavior in defense is an absolute joke, the defenders move only after the pass is done creating a fantastic hole to score everytime, so unreal please tell me where have you seen this? which leagues are you watching?

Seeing my defenders go wide without me intending to as the striker are clearly going to the box area is just fascinating. I have to select one by one and pull them by the time I have them in a natural defense line already suffered a goal.

More freedom in movements specially in the midfield and forwards area should have so many more movement and positions as options. It's too basic for so many players.

FIFA seems to be only for people who can spend an abnormal amount of hours playing and nothing to do with someone who plays well but actual football. passing, thinking the game, accelerating and slowing the rhythm, counter strike, know how to defend and positioning the players none of that matters!!!!!!

As long as you have a Inaki Williams, Adama Traoré, Bernardo Silva, Diaby, Sterling, james, Portu, Saint-Maximin and you can do about anything. Even not passing the ball. It must be common in the leagues you guys watch to see players who can dribble from one side of the pitch to the other and score. The main ones aren't for sure it is quite rare. In FIFA quite easy ! HOW????
  • futis4specials
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    > @xJOE said:
    > That match they played with everyone covered in sensors was the biggest waste of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time. Yeah we got new animations but weren’t they supposed to understand how players position themselves and move as a unit? Wtf is this? (Btw that’s my CB with the ball attacking towards the left…)

liverpools positioning is fine in that picture. evertons is bad.
  • Matty89
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA you need to either remove pressing or NURF IT all AI and players do is full on press and no matter what you do its just works against you

1 and a half years of this it NEEDS addressing
  • Just put it back to how it was when it came out needed little AI tweeking that was it they have litterally trashed it the game now needs a mental health warning never has a game made me so irrate no excuses for this rubbish its ps5 now worst fifa yet in this state
  • vundu
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    God awful gameplay, thank goodness I can trade this in
  • Problems:
    - Rader is off in some situations (corners, free-kicks). That's really a problem when you are a defender and you can't see where the attackers are.
    - Distance Shooting is overpowered (That's real life: Shots on target from outside the box are converted at a rate of about 1/10, compared to 1/3 for shots inside the box on target.) In FIFA 23 it is like Captain Tsubasa and his Super Shots.
    - Lengthy is overpowered. There is a tendency that when EA introduce a new feature than it is overpowered. Like Time Shots which was nerfed later.
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    now, for example, I played a match in rivals level 6 and the gamester scored 3 goals in the same way for 20 nin, passing through the defense and I end the game, this kind of football makes no sense, creativity = 0, just an embarrassing counterattack, what's the point of my defender 88 and 90 when they are useless there and won't catch a single pass. If the game looked like this at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it! for example, I read a review on a sales comparator where a gamester wrote that FIFA Ultimate Team is arcade garbage. The first month I didn't believe it, but now I have to admit that he was unfortunately right.
  • :( the auctions for buying players, are a complete fraud, I have got too much to complain, bust for I am just complaining of the last campaign for make 4 prizes of next 4 games, the game that I'm talking about it's between Liverpool against Southampton, and since yesterday for me it's always impossible to buy any player even with the cost of 5.000 every since I push enter the player was already bought by someone with magical powers, I can see some guys buying with a cost lower that the 5000, but for me, even at 5000, it's impossible.
    Congratulations for this fraud auction that happens all the time.
  • About my last post, at least advice everybody that now you can have conditions to buy players at this kind of auctions. We are still trying, but it's a joke what's happening. It's IMPOSSIBLE TO BUY ANY PLAYER FROM SOUTHAPMTON TO COMPLETE THIS CHALLENGE OF GREAT GAMES. Tks a lot. Bye the way, we gonna have a CB from Benfica at the World Cup, and after 17 games at National league and all 6 games at Champions League always with a high performance, for a kid with 18 years old, and still can not play with him, because doesn't exist.
    Best regards
  • did they remove the option to change patterns in squad battles?
  • drmr92
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2022
    There is no use to buy and play this game. Every year the same story, unrealistic gameplay and they dont want to make a realistic football game. This is a ping pong game. Unrealistic movement, looks like you are playing ice hockey, and not football. Although, even ice hockey is slower in real life.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    drmr92 wrote: »
    There is no use to buy and play this game. Every year the same story, unrealistic gameplay and they dont want to make a realistic football game. This is a ping pong game. Unrealistic movement, looks like you are playing ice hockey, and not football. Although, even ice hockey is slower in real life.

Correct! The game has literally nothing going for it anymore.

Broken game mechanics
    Unrealistically programmed gameplay
    Feature-lacking game modes
    Bugs & glitches
    10 year old Create/Edit mode
    Etc...
  • Hi FIFA Ultimate, Another complain about the same package (Liverpool x Southampton) impossible to finish, because it's impossible to buy ONE simple player of Southampton team, as you can see in the images.
    The dead line it's almost finishing, and no correction at all. What about the money I spent to do all the 3 small packs(all together are 4 games.

Many thanks
  • are we back to fifa 22? constant pressure and nonstop skill move after update 4?
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    > @Marek87 said:
    > now, for example, I played a match in rivals level 6 and the gamester scored 3 goals in the same way for 20 nin, passing through the defense and I end the game, this kind of football makes no sense, creativity = 0, just an embarrassing counterattack, what's the point of my defender 88 and 90 when they are useless there and won't catch a single pass. If the game looked like this at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it! for example, I read a review on a sales comparator where a gamester wrote that FIFA Ultimate Team is arcade garbage. The first month I didn't believe it, but now I have to admit that he was unfortunately right.
    >
    >
    >

exactly what does it have to do with football when a player never passes and scores a goal after a sprint. or that 10 goals will be scored during the match, 8 of them without a pass after a sprint to the goal:DDDDDD
  • > @Marek87 said:
    > > @Marek87 said:
    > > now, for example, I played a match in rivals level 6 and the gamester scored 3 goals in the same way for 20 nin, passing through the defense and I end the game, this kind of football makes no sense, creativity = 0, just an embarrassing counterattack, what's the point of my defender 88 and 90 when they are useless there and won't catch a single pass. If the game looked like this at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it! for example, I read a review on a sales comparator where a gamester wrote that FIFA Ultimate Team is arcade garbage. The first month I didn't believe it, but now I have to admit that he was unfortunately right.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > exactly what does it have to do with football when a player never passes and scores a goal after a sprint. or that 10 goals will be scored during the match, 8 of them without a pass after a sprint to the goal:DDDDDD

I think they should call it marathon game not fifa. this literally a running game.
  • Marek87
    52 posts Park Captain
    > @Moa077 said:
    > > @Marek87 said:
    > > > @Marek87 said:
    > > > now, for example, I played a match in rivals level 6 and the gamester scored 3 goals in the same way for 20 nin, passing through the defense and I end the game, this kind of football makes no sense, creativity = 0, just an embarrassing counterattack, what's the point of my defender 88 and 90 when they are useless there and won't catch a single pass. If the game looked like this at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought it! for example, I read a review on a sales comparator where a gamester wrote that FIFA Ultimate Team is arcade garbage. The first month I didn't believe it, but now I have to admit that he was unfortunately right.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > exactly what does it have to do with football when a player never passes and scores a goal after a sprint. or that 10 goals will be scored during the match, 8 of them without a pass after a sprint to the goal:DDDDDD
    >
    > I think they should call it marathon game not fifa. this literally a running game.

The only thing the game has to do with football is the name fifa, and that won't be true either :DDDD, if the game looked like this at the beginning, surely not so many people would have bought it. The game is worse and cancels every update.