Old gen fifa23 honest opinions please

Vezzo
1717 posts Play-Off Hero
First one in a while that I haven't preordered but am having decent luck on app (probably to lure me back). The question is after a week (and I think a patch) is there a difference to fifa22? Do I buy it or not?.
Thanks for the input people.

Comments

• liam_hird
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really really really enjoyed it up until tonight, it’s like they’ve done an update and now every player can spin around with the ball at 100mph and it just now feels like fifa 22, it’s ridiculous.
  • I SiR MartY I
    16771 posts World Class
    There is a huge difference to 22, but none of it is positive

Passing is awful, interceptions are far too strong, players with 30 interceptions are out here defending like Makelele so bad passing and strong ints are just a combo for slugging it out in midfield

Dribbling is sluggish and slow, all players dribbling like CBs, even Messi

Pressing is far too strong because protecting the ball and dribbling away is harder

5122 is the new meta with it putting 9 behind the ball

Shooting comes down to bundling your way through or hitting an outside of the foot shot from stupid angles

like this:
    AnotherSnappyCero-size_restricted.gif

old gen gamplay right now is not fun, neither is next gen, both are garbage, wait for a significant gameplay patch or you'll be banging your head against the wall with it
  • Nickthegreek20
    2855 posts National Call-Up

Passing is awful, interceptions are far too strong, players with 30 interceptions are out here defending like Makelele so bad passing and strong ints are just a combo for slugging it out in midfield

Pressing is far too strong because protecting the ball and dribbling away is harder

Shooting comes down to bundling your way through or hitting an outside of the foot shot from stupid angles

like this:

old gen gamplay right now is not fun, neither is next gen, both are garbage, wait for a significant gameplay patch or you'll be banging your head against the wall with it

Pretty much this 👆
  • liam_hird wrote: »
    I really really really enjoyed it up until tonight, it’s like they’ve done an update and now every player can spin around with the ball at 100mph and it just now feels like fifa 22, it’s ridiculous.

New Gen exactly the same. WL was an absolute mess
  • Brydobhoy88
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Both are pretty poor imo.
    Its not hard to see what EA are doing and they have been pushing the game in this direction for years.

Basically slowly break all mechanics, slow the game down and make the game more AI based to reduce to skill gap to almost nothing.
  • Vezzo
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Judging by these comments seems like waiting is a right choice.
  • ElHuron94
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special

like this:

Old gen is exactly the same game as last year. New cover same game. Elastico Parade.
    New gen feels completely different to old gen and I’m struggling to adapt and not enjoying the passing and speed of the players
  • Rippa
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    To sum it up. It's better than new gen
  • Nostromo
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's slower than 22, so high ping/poor connection gameplay is purely exhausting.