First thoughts of the gameplay Fifa 23

Comments

• PaulDr
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    One thing we can be sure of is that multiple patches will be released, and gameplay will get worse as a result. Glitches need fixing of course, but the constant changing of the gameplay is so frustrating.
  • > @bigpokey24 said:
    > Actually if you go play kickoff and go to settings and change game speed to fast , you will see how the game is supposed to be . Try that and then come back and see how much fluid fifa 23 can be on the next gen

That's purely personal taste though. I have zero interest in a basketball pace level game. How it is at present is my preference although appreciate that's not to everyone's taste 👍
  • EA_rephii
    98 posts EA Community Manager
    Jumping in here to see some of your thoughts on the gameplay and what you think :)

Personally, I like it so far, passing feels great, and the overall gameplay feels pretty smooth imo.

Goalkeepers might need some balancing, as they are again somewhat vulnerable to finesse shots on the edge of the penalty area again.

Even though it's cool and fun, the outside foot crosses and free kicks are a bit overpowered and I think that needs to be changed, even though I enjoy it a lot myself :D

I will lurk a bit around here and see what you guys experience 👍
  • Winkelmann
    1049 posts Professional
    edited September 28
    Guys there is a new super kick that annoys me when the camera zoom in.

How can I do this on PS? Sorry if it was mentioned before.

Also when Im playing defense and change to another player using the R analog, it shows an arrow. How can I turn that off?
  • FifaProDK
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    The zooming in when taking a shot needs to be removed asap!

Y/throughballs are still absolute trash!
  • EA_rephii
    98 posts EA Community Manager
    Winkelmann wrote: »

Also when Im playing defense and change to another player using the R analog, it shows an arrow. How can I turn that off?

Hey @Winter123,

The new power shot is performed by pressing R1+L1 and the shooting button.
    That was previously the low driven shot, you do that now by only putting less than 40% shot power on your shot.

You can also turn of the zoom in animation in the game settings.
  • llcg04
    987 posts Semi-Pro
    FifaProDK wrote: »

You can Turn it off
  • ICUP
    7021 posts Big Money Move
    EA_rephii wrote: »
    Jumping in here to see some of your thoughts on the gameplay and what you think :)

Personally, I like it so far, passing feels great, and the overall gameplay feels pretty smooth imo.

Goalkeepers might need some balancing, as they are again somewhat vulnerable to finesse shots on the edge of the penalty area again.

Even though it's cool and fun, the outside foot crosses and free kicks are a bit overpowered and I think that needs to be changed, even though I enjoy it a lot myself :D

Need to speak to your dev's about goalkeepers

ba68ywrsn7ml.png
  • I SiR MartY I
    15987 posts World Class

Not the dribbling though, the left stick dribbling needs a buff along with what you listed.

CBs with 50 dribbling feel no different to high agility, balance and dribbling players like Messi. Every player feels like they are going to fall over with the ball at their feet. Its very sluggish and needs some improvements.

Its like those old GTA missions where your character goes for a drink and you have to navigate your way home while falling over and tipping to the side, that's how dribbling feels now. Skills being smoother than actual dribbling is not good.
  • > @EA_rephii said:
    > Jumping in here to see some of your thoughts on the gameplay and what you think :)
    >
    > Personally, I like it so far, passing feels great, and the overall gameplay feels pretty smooth imo.
    >
    > Goalkeepers might need some balancing, as they are again somewhat vulnerable to finesse shots on the edge of the penalty area again.
    >
    > Even though it's cool and fun, the outside foot crosses and free kicks are a bit overpowered and I think that needs to be changed, even though I enjoy it a lot myself :D
    >
    > I will lurk a bit around here and see what you guys experience 👍

Whatever you guys do, don't listen to the whiners and change left stick dribbling. They're only angry because they won't be able to spin in circles like little ballerinas until they finally glitch through anymore.

Few minor tweaks to keepers and crossing and we may finally have a realistic and fun game based on intelligent play 👍
  • FifaProDK
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    llcg04 wrote: »
    FifaProDK wrote: »

You can Turn it off

Thank god. I was looking for it but not found it yet. Under controls or what?
  • Orison
    75765 posts Icon
    edited September 28
    @EA_rephii only buffing keepers and nerfing longshots could be quite bad for the game tbh.

We would need a major buff to left stick dribbling to go alongside it (and probably an increase in game speed, but I lost all hope that such a thing can or will be patched). Not a defensive patch first and then an offensive one 3 months later, but probably at the same time.

Yes we want balance, but only making offense worse is not really achieving a balance, I think that will push the scale in the wrong direction and towards another quite boring defensive minded game.
  • I like the new style, makes you think about it and not just be a sweaty rat with the same old pkayers!

I am struggling defending though, feels like my opponents are always in shape, but when they attack they’re straight at my back 4 and there’s 30 yard space behind them to run into?
  • Okocha10
    1085 posts Professional
    edited September 28
    @EA_rephii I do like is being able to use tall strikers again with them being useable, but… dribbling with the likes of Messi etc is well off they feel stiff I don’t know how you would go out about updating the dribbling then not effecting the taller players. The travella outside the foot shot 100% needs patching, nearly every shot is a goal. Ie link below of someone doing them in the arena
  • > @Orison said:
    > @EA_rephii only buffing keepers and nerfing longshots could be quite bad for the game tbh.
    >
    > We would need a major buff to left stick dribbling to go alongside it (and probably an increase in game speed, but I lost all hope that such a thing can or will be patched). Not a defensive patch first and then an offensive one 3 months later, but probably at the same time.
    >
    > Yes we want balance, but only making offense worse is not really achieving a balance, I think that will push the scale in the wrong direction and towards another quite boring defensive minded game.

Why do you NEED left stick dribbling majorly buffed? With a decent skill level, the right player and the right timing at present you can dribble past anyone without spamming it like last year. That's the way it should be. Last years was so unrealistic and gimmicky.

Flipping left stick dribbling back to last years iteration will only result in nonsensical circle spinning and another dire edition. This years game has real promise to be something different which rewards smart play, not gimmick play and which is sorely needed.

Just my opinion ✌️
  • Player movement is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ poor. Players just stand around doing nothing half the time. No instinctive moments, off the ball runs. Nothing. Shocking as like last year
  • > @Hendo_17 said:
    > I like the new style, makes you think about it and not just be a sweaty rat with the same old pkayers!
    >
    > I am struggling defending though, feels like my opponents are always in shape, but when they attack they’re straight at my back 4 and there’s 30 yard space behind them to run into?

Agreed. It's nice having a game requiring more intelligent thought in approach play rather than the sprint from the centre circle, spam a few skills and glitch through with a bounceback we've had the last few years.

The ones complaining will soon adapt. Either that or EA will give in and make it 22.2. Hoping for the former.
  • FTD1983 wrote: »
    > @Orison said:
    > @EA_rephii only buffing keepers and nerfing longshots could be quite bad for the game tbh.
    >
    > We would need a major buff to left stick dribbling to go alongside it (and probably an increase in game speed, but I lost all hope that such a thing can or will be patched). Not a defensive patch first and then an offensive one 3 months later, but probably at the same time.
    >
    > Yes we want balance, but only making offense worse is not really achieving a balance, I think that will push the scale in the wrong direction and towards another quite boring defensive minded game.

Why do you NEED left stick dribbling majorly buffed? With a decent skill level, the right player and the right timing at present you can dribble past anyone without spamming it like last year. That's the way it should be. Last years was so unrealistic and gimmicky.

Flipping left stick dribbling back to last years iteration will only result in nonsensical circle spinning and another dire edition. This years game has real promise to be something different which rewards smart play, not gimmick play and which is sorely needed.

Just my opinion ✌️

@FTD1983 wrong. Just fundamentally wrong. You can NOT dribble past people if they got any skill.

But I guess considering you are the only person with a skilllevel high enough to dribble past anyone then we must see you as an opponent in pros' streams in div 3 rivals atm.
  • robsterisared
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Goalkeepers are a bit of a car crash.
  • Winkelmann
    1049 posts Professional
    Winkelmann wrote: »

Hey @Winter123,

The new power shot is performed by pressing R1+L1 and the shooting button.
    That was previously the low driven shot, you do that now by only putting less than 40% shot power on your shot.

You can also turn of the zoom in animation in the game settings.

Thank you very much!

I still see an arrow when I change the player I am controlling when Im defending, using the R stick.

This arrow points to where I am aiming to help selecting the right player, but it confuses me. Thought it was something to do with the trainer but it was already off.
  • What have you done with the passing system? Game is good, the pace is nice and so on but the passing is a bloody joke - I haven't seen so many crosses and such weak passes in any top level football game. Fix those passes!
  • DjangoFreeman
    74 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pressure after possession loss is very very OP. Needs to be toned down for sure as well as defenders being faster than attackers especially if they’re running from the mid field line. No way IF Gakpo should be getting caught by Fabinho
  • bigpokey24
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    The game needs to be balanced . A lot of patches are needed

Goal keepers are of no use . Too many high scoring games. The gaps between the Center backs are too huge. The defenders are too slow to react, when you win a tackle the ball keeps running away from you. Passing is so porous. The game speed needs to be buffed . Also the pitch is too green and looks fake in those fut champs stadium. Not impressed with the game . Same gameplay as the beta .
  • Chewbaccary
    2717 posts National Call-Up
    Still too early to say much:

- Passing feels sluggish? Particularly the release time. Players are taking too long to get the ball out.
    - Dribbling is still useful, but a little weaker.
    - 50/50s are still a mess. Feels like pinball. Lots of luck in the bounces still.

I still sense defensive AI doing a lot of bail-out work, which is annoying when you skin someone.

I'm winning most of my games, but maybe enjoying it less than FUT 22, which I actually came to like (though it was deeply flawed).
  • shadowlee
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    from what i seen , they may have well taken fifa 22, removed the patches , drained your clubs of everything , asked for the money again, and there you go have fun
  • I hope EA doesn't mess up gameplay to ping pong like they usually do with the first patch. This is gameplay I like.
  • KooNie1
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don’t mind a game being slow.. but fffs these guys turn like everyone is in mud.. passing is atrocious..