Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• xHades
    14901 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ love the energy that Martinez and Malacia brings...it's infectious as you can see other players like Dalot starting to show it and it's a joy to see.

Aren't you worried about Martinez's height being constantly expo........oh wait, didn't happen.
  • xHades
    Kman wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ love the energy that Martinez and Malacia brings...it's infectious as you can see other players like Dalot starting to show it and it's a joy to see.

The bond that backline is already building is awesome. I literally get pumped after a good block now because they’re pumped haha

Could never imagine Maguire inspiring like that…

I noticed the past few games when they make key challenges they're more vocal and hype eachother up to keep going.

Previously you could practically see them sweat and wipe themselves down from the nerves.
  • Tornado31619
    34682 posts National Team Captain
    The way people talk about it, you’d think he was a dwarf. Even the commentators on USA mentioned it 😆
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35971 posts World Cup Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »

The bond that backline is already building is awesome. I literally get pumped after a good block now because they’re pumped haha

Could never imagine Maguire inspiring like that…

I noticed the past few games when they make key challenges they're more vocal and hype eachother up to keep going.

Previously you could practically see them sweat and wipe themselves down from the nerves.

Yeah dude. Martinez even hypes of DDG when he makes good saves and decisions, etc. Love to see it.
  • xHades
    Varane did the same thing when DDG moved outside the box to make a clearance. The back line and the goalkeeper becoming a unit is something that should've happened a long time ago for the sake of defensive solidarity. I 100% put that down to horrible management and coaching prior to that which killed player form.

Casemiro also helps now by screening between the lines, but its clear the team wasn't used to that sort of player based on how they played around him in the second half. But his quality and ability is evident.

The one thing I didn't like was some incredibly sloppy passing that led to easy turnovers under minimal pressure. There was also a moment near the end where Ronaldo made about 3 runs in sequence across Leicester's defensive line waiting for a Malacia pass that never happened that I attribute to a lack of confidence.

Our one touch passing and tempo are improving, but making sure the key passes are converted to chances needs to change soon.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1288 posts Professional
    Martinez is definitely an easy player to root for. Love his energy and passion. The club desperately needed that. Not surprised by his passing but I’m glad he’s showing positive signs defending in the PL. I wish we could’ve worked out that rumored Osimhen/Ronaldo swap. Napoli put an insane price on that otherwise I feel it would’ve been a benefit to both teams. Still don’t love the price for Antony but it’s hard to complain too much about who was brought into the team. I think failing to bring in another striker is going to hurt later on in the season, especially if we are counting on Martial being healthy.
  • xHades
    If we were going to overpay I'd rather it have been what we did for Antony than 50m for Gakpo based on how our teams playing.

We need a tricky player on the wing. If his aerial balls can find Ronaldo that's a bonus. We have not been making the most of his headers.
  • yosef167
    6123 posts Big Money Move

yes FDJ to United is one yo watch January/next summer
  • Thefranchise92
    8473 posts League Winner
    Martinez is definitely an easy player to root for. Love his energy and passion. The club desperately needed that. Not surprised by his passing but I’m glad he’s showing positive signs defending in the PL. I wish we could’ve worked out that rumored Osimhen/Ronaldo swap. Napoli put an insane price on that otherwise I feel it would’ve been a benefit to both teams. Still don’t love the price for Antony but it’s hard to complain too much about who was brought into the team. I think failing to bring in another striker is going to hurt later on in the season, especially if we are counting on Martial being healthy.

may be biased but fair would have been the original fee napoli paid for osihmen, plus ronaldo who is worth around 20 odd million and then we pay for ronaldos wages for the next year if they pay for osihmens.. would have been dope to see a nigerian in his prime leading the line for united
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    Thought on what would be a current Man Utd and Arsenal combined 11?
  • yosef167
    DDG
    Tomiii Varane Saliba zinchenko
    Casemiro. partey
    Saka Bruno. Sancho
    Ronaldo

i didnt count martinez and antony as they are new to the league
    Ronaldo once fit will back to be one of the best strikers in the league (he was better than jesus last season
  • Tornado31619
    Ronaldo is fit, Jesus has simply been playing better than him.
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    You don't count Martinez and Antony because they are new to the league but count Casemiro?
  • yosef167
    Ronaldo is fit, Jesus has simply been playing better than him.

Ten hag said after the last game that Ronaldo still not ready
  • arsenalap
    14536 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »
    DDG
    Tomiii Varane Saliba zinchenko
    Casemiro. partey
    Saka Bruno. Sancho
    Ronaldo

i didnt count martinez and antony as they are new to the league
    Ronaldo once fit will back to be one of the best strikers in the league (he was better than jesus last season

Odegaard is miles ahead of current Bruno for me. I'd rather Ramsdale over de Gea but van see why either side.
  • yosef167
    Ashy wrote: »
    You don't count Martinez and Antony because they are new to the league but count Casemiro?

i mean Casemiro is WC and can get into even liverpool or city sides
    Martinez and antony are players coming from holland and have much to prove. no way i would bench current saliba (arsenal best defender for first 5 games and made a transform for your defence ) and saka/martennili for player yet to play big league game
  • Teh Zombz
    5607 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2
    DDG/Ramsdale (idk who i'd rather have tbh)
    Tomi Varane Saliba Malacia
    Casemiro Partey
    Saka Odegaard Sancho
    Jesus
  • arsenalap
    Ramsdale
    Tomi - Varane - Saliba - Zinchenko
    Casemiro - Partey
    Saka - Odegaard - Sancho
    Jesus

Would be mine. Martinelli/Sancho is debatable. Tomi/White, either way i'd rather an Arsenal RB. de Gea/Ramsdale, both pros and cons but for this team Ramsdale is much better.
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    Malacia over Zinchenko/Tierney :o
  • arsenalap
    Ashy wrote: »
    Malacia over Zinchenko/Tierney :o

Not sure I get this one either tbh, but I appreciate Malacia has been decent.
  • yosef167
    edited September 2
    what i am sure about those two teams can bring somehow a title winning team if combined and the combined XI who we all can post will be mixed .. alot of similar level players in few positions
  • Rand0m Hero
    1288 posts Professional
    Let’s try something different I guess
    DDG
    Tomii Varane Martinez Zinchenko
    Casemiro
    Odegaard Bruno
    Saka Jesus Sancho
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    Ramsdale/De Gea
    Tomiyasu - Saliba - Varane/Gab - Zinny/Martinez
    Casemiro
    Odegaard - Bruno
    Saka - Jesus - Martinelli/Sancho
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Shows how bad United's RB options are when Tomiyasu is picked by everyone.
  • Tornado31619
    JDB44 wrote: »

I thought he was good?
  • arsenalap

I thought he was good?

He is, not sure what that post is about
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

I thought he was good?

He is, not sure what that post is about

He's just jealous Spurs ended up with Emerson and we got Tomi. Tomi has been fantastic when he's played for us and not been forced back early from injury. Eitherway White is better than Dalot/AWB at RB.
  • G000ner
    9402 posts League Winner
    Tomiyasu is the best right back in the world
  • El_Nino
    10466 posts Has That Special Something
    DDG
    Tomi-Varane-Saliba-Zinchenko
    Casemiro
    Ode-Bruno
    Saka-Ronaldo-Sancho