Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Retro1989
    7580 posts League Winner
    Pitch invaders really are thick, getting yourself banned 2 games into a new season.
  • Nem
    9375 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Nem wrote: »
    Fulham away - W
    Palace home - W
    United away - W
    Bournemouth home - W
    Newcastle home - W

Thunderous start.

Feel that Newcastle game will be the one to look out for in those home games. Should be minimum 9 points from that lot.

9 from that 5 would be a disaster, imo.

One draw or defeat away from disaster territory

• Wyojasond
    18967 posts World Class
    4 big dropped points. Just not good enough.

Nunez out for the next 3 games now right? Hope Klopp runs his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ragged for the next 3 week?
  • tilen11
    7538 posts League Winner
    Pathetic start to the season.

Really sad tbh.
  • Argie8
    7449 posts Big Money Move
    Can we skip this season and come back next summer when we’ve signed Bellingham?
  • Stlducks
    10363 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Palace deserve to concede here, cowardly approach to protect the point rather than pushing Liverpool back.

They would have done the same to City in the same situation a point at Anfield is very good even with the circumstances

I understand why teams do it to start a game but you’re a man up, you have played well tonight. Just go for it. Show some guts and try getting the win in the last 10 minutes.
  • Pxul_
    12863 posts Has That Special Something
    I have no words, really sad about the result. But more so about Nunez, such a shame.
  • Shshj
    14368 posts Has That Special Something
    Makes next Monday all the more interesting.

One/both of United and Liverpool will be without a win after three games.
  • Cyodine
    6480 posts Big Money Move
    WryLucky wrote: »
    At least you have a guaranteed 3 points next week.

We better put 5 goals or more past them or the season is looking grim.
  • Snugglebites
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Mane gets away with that headbutt 10 times a season, Nunez does it once and is sent off? That's just blasphemy.
  • SimenHP
    5908 posts Big Money Move

Liverpool will obviously win. LP are bad atm, but MU is something else.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Only positives are the Diaz goal and the fact that Gomez still looks world class.
  • Nem
    9375 posts League Winner
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    4 big dropped points. Just not good enough.

Nunez out for the next 3 games now right? Hope Klopp runs his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ragged for the next 3 week?

Yes, violent conduct
  • Shshj
    edited August 15
    SimenHP wrote: »

Liverpool will obviously win. LP are bad atm, but MU is something else.

Of course, but we’ve seen stranger things happen in football.
  • pes1972
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 15
    I honestly don´t believe Liverpool will be able to match MC this year. Will most likely be a one team race to win PL this season. Liverpool gonna have to struggle to be top 4 if they continue like this. Central midfield is really bad and maybe this is the season when several clubs realize TAA can´t defend and will hurt them bad.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    pes1972 wrote: »
    I honestly don´t believe Liverpool will be able to match MC this year. Will most likely be a one team race to win PL this season. Liverpool gonna have to struggle to be top 4 if they continue like this. Central midfield is really bad and maybe this is the season when several clubs realize TAA can´t defend and will hurt them bad.

Same gets said every season lol.
  • Shshj
    Ahh, far too early to draw any real conclusions.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to the table until we’re beyond the World Cup unless someone has an absolute disaster, like United currently are.
  • Stlducks
    Liverpool came back from a bigger gap last season. They can easily do it again. My only concern with Liverpool based on the first few weeks is injuries with the World Cup year. Already a handful of little injuries which is not a good sign.
  • Nem
    9375 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Snide and pathetic by Anderson.

Nunez needs to learn from that. It’s killed my excitement for the next few weeks now. Was looking forward to him at OT.

What did Anderson do? Didn’t he just grab his arm to yell at him?

Had a go at Nunez after Nunez had thrown his head backwards at Anderson seconds earlier.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    edited August 15
    Nem wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Snide and pathetic by Anderson.

Nunez needs to learn from that. It’s killed my excitement for the next few weeks now. Was looking forward to him at OT.

What did Anderson do? Didn’t he just grab his arm to yell at him?

Had a go at Nunez after Nunez had thrown his head backwards at Anderson seconds earlier.

Before that, Anderson clattered into the back of Nunez. Let’s not act like Anderson was innocent here. He also went down like a sack of potatoes despite the head butt barely touching him. It was very snide.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Hasn’t realised how insanely good the Diaz goal was. Wow. I was too preoccupied being annoyed at the Nunez incident.
  • Stlducks
  • El_Nino
    10466 posts Has That Special Something
    Well I put Nunez in on FPL, so I guess that was inevitable.
  • Shshj
    This is beyond silly from Nunez and he has to learn fast, every defender in the league will be on a wind-up mission against him now.

• El_Nino
    edited August 15
    Wow, could've easily seen red for the first incident, it's clearly head to head aggression.

Honestly that's just brain dead from Nunez, had an awful game too, great movement, but with all the composure of a Chelsea Timo/Torres love child.
  • Argie8
    7449 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure what to think of Nunez so far. His technique is pretty poor. Seems to scuff the ball constantly. I can understand the Lukaku comparisons although he does have much better movement.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Look at the way Nunez’s neck flings back like whiplash due to that unexpected barge from Anderson. Understand why he got so riled up.
  • El_Nino
    edited August 15
    Look at the way Nunez’s neck flings back like whiplash due to that unexpected barge from Anderson. Understand why he got so riled up.

If that was Robertson doing what Anderson does(Robertson regularly does worse) you'd be thrilled with his mentality and aggression.

If that's all it took to get players riled up you'd be seeing evey match forfeited, it was a basic cliche defender letting the attacker know situation.
  • Shshj

I think it’s just clever defending, Andersen does nothing wrong until the push, which he was rightly booked for.
  • Wyojasond
    18967 posts World Class
    I didnt think he had that bad of a game before the incident, but seeing those stats, it’s not great.

Like Klopp said after the game, he’s got 3 weeks to work on things and get his head straight. Every defender will be in his ear now. Hopefully something we never see again.

On to United….