Premier League 2022-23

Comments

• Handy Andy
    6365 posts Big Money Move
    Well that was jammy af. Almost impressive how West Ham managed not to score in that game
  • Sercs
    22530 posts Club Captain
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Well that was jammy af. Almost impressive how West Ham managed not to score in that game

Backed Forest to win after the first 15, surprised my bet actually lasted in the end
  • El_Nino
    10466 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why Declan Rice is on penalties :D

Moyes forgot to set his roles before the game

Nothing worse on FM then desperately trying to change your Pen taker as he's stepping up to take it.
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro

I take it you do not like Forest?
  • Handy Andy
    JDB44 wrote: »

am I wrong? Hit the bar twice, missed a penalty, one off the line etc
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro

Not saying you're wrong. Just seems like you don't like Forest lol.
  • Handy Andy

Not saying you're wrong. Just seems like you don't like Forest lol.

a mild dislike that is accentuated by certain behaviours from fans (not necessarily forest fans themselves, just PL fans in general) and how the media talks about them
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Typical showing of Chelsea playing their best against Spurs.
  • Pxul_
    12863 posts Has That Special Something
    Kane in august: 💀
    Kane the rest of the year: 🥵
  • Wyojasond
    18967 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Kane in august: 💀
    Kane the rest of the year: 🥵

Can’t wait to watch him score two next week after I drop him 😭
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    This has been a really good game.
  • Retro1989
    7580 posts League Winner
    Ok Kane you stay for another week.
  • Retro1989
    7580 posts League Winner
    Manager fight!
  • forearms
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    Great match to watch. But how can VAR look at either incident, and determine neither are fouls, let alone a card for the Romero one?
  • G000ner
    9401 posts League Winner
    edited August 14
    forearms wrote: »
    Great match to watch. But how can VAR look at either incident, and determine neither are fouls, let alone a card for the Romero one?

Unless it's a red then VAR can't do anything. That's on Taylor to call the foul jnitially but they're usually not given while the ball isn't in play.
  • JDB44
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    The hair pull is hard for a ref to see live, not sure why VAR can't say anything.

In the first goal, Taylor let those go all game. Gallagher slammed into Richarlison without a call. Just another horrible game for Taylor.
  • forearms

Unless it's a red then VAR can't do anything. That's on Taylor to call the foul jnitially but they're usually not given while the ball isn't in play.

VAR stopped the match for that foul. How the ref doesn't go and check it is mindboggling to me. Its blatant and obvious.
  • G000ner
    9401 posts League Winner

VAR stopped the match for that foul. How the ref doesn't go and check it is mindboggling to me. Its blatant and obvious.

It was obviously a foul, but VAR doesn't overrule unless it's a red card offence and VAR deemed it wasn't. If you think it's a red card then fair enough, I don't know the rules on hair pulling.

He's not gonna check the screen if it's a yellow card offence though.
  • forearms

It was obviously a foul, but VAR doesn't overrule unless it's a red card offence and VAR deemed it wasn't. If you think it's a red card then fair enough, I don't know the rules on hair pulling.

He's not gonna check the screen if it's a yellow card offence though.

But he can check the video for a possible red. That's what doesnt make sense to me. VAR stops the game because there is a possible red card offence, but choose to not have the ref decide it? It's obvious. I dont get it.
  • CFCsjmishra
    10317 posts Has That Special Something
    I really don't see how Mike Dean saw that and was like yeah nah it's all good; Spurs should take the corner
  • Stlducks
    10363 posts Has That Special Something
    On the first goal, how can the goal be reviewed when the ball changed possession before the goal? Chelsea had the ball, made a pass, and tried to do a lob clearance that was blocked. Then Hojbjerg scored.

I thought once the ball changed possession, you cannot go back to review anymore? Is that the rule or did I just make that up in my head for some reason?
  • CFCsjmishra
    Stlducks wrote: »
    On the first goal, how can the goal be reviewed when the ball changed possession before the goal? Chelsea had the ball, made a pass, and tried to do a lob clearance that was blocked. Then Hojbjerg scored.

I thought once the ball changed possession, you cannot go back to review anymore? Is that the rule or did I just make that up in my head for some reason?

The match can go back. I rem it happened to us once. But obviously rules are diff when these two muppets are refereeing
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Sounds like I missed a good one.
  • Stlducks
    VVD4 wrote: »

You missed Tuchel losing his head and United being humiliated. Bad weekend to be busy.
  • CFCsjmishra

You missed Tuchel losing his head and United being humiliated. Bad weekend to be busy.

Also Spurs getting shown their real place after all the pre-season hype
  • Handy Andy
    For the first Spurs goal, ignoring the fact that 44 seconds passed after the tackle and that Chelsea also got the ball back, it was not even a clear cut foul, certainly not enough for it to be a clear error

• VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Just seen some quick highlights.

Spurs’ first goal is legit because Chelsea had regained and then lost possession again since the foul. Completely different phase of play. Not seeing the controversy with this one. Annoying for Chelsea, but the correct call.

The hair pull one, I have no idea. It seems that players get away with a lot more tussling, pulling and pushing in the box during corners and that this was taken into account by VAR. Personally, I’d want a red card given if that was against us. We saw similar a few seasons ago with Pogba grappling Henderson by the neck and pulling him to the ground once at OT during a corner and nothing was given, which I strongly disagreed with.

The handshake at the end was classic. PL needs more venom like that. Makes things much more interesting.
  • Stlducks

Also Spurs getting shown their real place after all the pre-season hype

By getting a draw at Chelsea?
  • CFCsjmishra
    For the first Spurs goal, ignoring the fact that 44 seconds passed after the tackle and that Chelsea also got the ball back, it was not even a clear cut foul, certainly not enough for it to be a clear error

Doesn't matter. It was a clear foul from which Spurs were able to launch an attack. If it was given, it would have been a Chelsea attack instead, Then Richarlison steps in the direction of the ball