What gamepad's you guys using....

broxigaz
2005 posts Fans' Favourite
On xbox series x went through about 4 since December lb or rb seems to be the culprits, don't mistreat them or anything anyone using any premium third party ones.

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    96739 posts Moderator
    6363405_sd.jpg

Had this one for about 2 years and it hasn't broke once, buttons still all in tact 😄
  • broxigaz
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    6363405_sd.jpg

Had this one for about 2 years and it hasn't broke once, buttons still all in tact 😄

What star system is that from m8 🤣
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1198 posts Professional
    The xbox elite 2 controller I found to be brilliant when I was on xbox... expensive but the best thing is you can return to shop for exchange if bought from argos or similar. I used to go and get a new one each year just before the year warranty ran out... even if there was nothing wrong, just tell them there is and they swap it.
  • Redlad
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    broxigaz wrote: »
    On xbox series x went through about 4 since December lb or rb seems to be the culprits, don't mistreat them or anything anyone using any premium third party ones.

Same. They’re easy to fix but I’d rather they weren’t so flimsy.
  • FifaProDK
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 4

Put your mouth around the bumper and blow air into it real hard. Sounds weird but it fixes it sometimes.
  • broxigaz
    The xbox elite 2 controller I found to be brilliant when I was on xbox... expensive but the best thing is you can return to shop for exchange if bought from argos or similar. I used to go and get a new one each year just before the year warranty ran out... even if there was nothing wrong, just tell them there is and they swap it.

I don't know if you're scamming the companies or your getting your hard earned monies worth but I like it 😉
  • Redlad
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    FifaProDK wrote: »

Put your mouth around the bumper and blow air into it real hard. Sounds weird but it fixes it sometimes.

This. It’s normally a short term fix as it realigns the broken prong on the bumper. The only way to properly fix it is with the aid of a t8/10 torx, a debit card (to lever off the grips), some tweezers and some gorilla glue.
  • Orison
    74636 posts Icon
    Old xbox one controller or whatever controller came with the console.

Had an issue with the old one where everytime I wanted to finesse I did a low driven shot, because both bumpers activated at the same time. Hit LB really hard once and it's been fine ever since :joy:

When the console is still under warranty microsoft replaces any controller (even ones that don't come with the console) so I usually have 2 and whenever there's an issue you can send one in.

If the console is out of warranty you can order a new bumper piece and replace it yourself, apparently it's not that difficult.
  • Joka2002
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SNES one 😚
  • Hans_Rheinhardt1
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 4

I don't know if you're scamming the companies or your getting your hard earned monies worth but I like it 😉

Off topic but best game scam I remember was with guitar hero. If you had a broken piece of guitar or drum kit, Activision actually sent you a whole guitar or drum kit 😆 🤣 😂 I had 3 full drum kits and 4 guitars 😆 🤣

Yes, it was stopped very quickly 😆
  • EekAlaska
    3108 posts National Call-Up
    Have that pink and yellow one. Feels pretty good and had it for about 4 months.
  • broxigaz
    Orison wrote: »
    Old xbox one controller or whatever controller came with the console.

Had an issue with the old one where everytime I wanted to finesse I did a low driven shot, because both bumpers activated at the same time. Hit LB really hard once and it's been fine ever since :joy:

When the console is still under warranty microsoft replaces any controller (even ones that don't come with the console) so I usually have 2 and whenever there's an issue you can send one in.

If the console is out of warranty you can order a new bumper piece and replace it yourself, apparently it's not that difficult.

Yeah but you still have to wait for them coming back, had two recently gone at the same time m8, but they are good with the warranty, I still have two working Duke controllers with my og xbox.
  • spy
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    My lb broke tonight and I really struggled playing games without being able to switch players. Can anyone give a more detailed explanation of how to fix it yourself? I’ve never had a console where I get through so many controllers before ☹️
  • Bob_Bobson
    3425 posts National Call-Up
    I use a bog standard PS4 controller that has stick drift and awful battery life. Picked up a replacement the other week but I keep that for other games.
  • Wi1son73
    3992 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve been a through a few xbox controllers, bumper goes, left stick sometimes goes, even the in-game tactic buttons have failed on me.

I’m tempted to change over to PS5 when I changed from old gen to new.. Xbox controllers are flimsy or maybe all controllers are the same.. 🤔
  • Jordi93
    689 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Standard ps5 controller, same one since launch day.

Magically no wear on the sticks.

Probably saved on controllers what it cost on the console!
  • Orison
    74636 posts Icon
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    I’ve been a through a few xbox controllers, bumper goes, left stick sometimes goes, even the in-game tactic buttons have failed on me.

I’m tempted to change over to PS5 when I changed from old gen to new.. Xbox controllers are flimsy or maybe all controllers are the same.. 🤔

Ps controllers are awful.

Quality even worse than xbox. Sure you can get lucky, but odds are pretty high that you will get stick drift if you use the controller a lot.

And on top of garbage quality it's just a worse controller :D left stick in the wrong place, controller doesn't fit into my hands as nicely. Meh.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3425 posts National Call-Up

Quality even worse than xbox. Sure you can get lucky, but odds are pretty high that you will get stick drift if you use the controller a lot.

And on top of garbage quality it's just a worse controller :D left stick in the wrong place, controller doesn't fit into my hands as nicely. Meh.

I use an Xbox pad for PC and while the build quality feels a lot more sturdy, that also has a bit of drift.

There's no magic this pad will never fail answer, sadly.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15383 posts World Class

Microsoft started using cheaper parts when the Xbox One came out, it went from 2 separate pieces latched on to metal to one lone flimsy plastic part

Its to make you buy more controllers

Instead of buying new controllers buy a bag of replacement bumpers and a screwdriver specifically for opening the controller and just replace the parts

In the long run its cheaper, £12 for parts and screwdriver saves 4/5 bumpers wearing out and 200 quid on new pads
  • chiholam
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    Still love my xbox360 controller - linked to PC. On my last one, the others have lost their left stick "sturdiness". Can't find any decent controller for PC and it's annoying. Bought a Steel Series Stratus XL that are meant to be good, but there's a slight lag on it compared to the Xbox one that meant I binned it pretty quickly.
  • libertao
    1906 posts Play-Off Hero

I just buy the extended warranty to make it two years and that way I feel no guilt taking it in when there is inevitably a sticky bumper or dodgy LS.
  • Orison
    74636 posts Icon
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

I use an Xbox pad for PC and while the build quality feels a lot more sturdy, that also has a bit of drift.

There's no magic this pad will never fail answer, sadly.

Yeah quality is not great for all of them. Even heard of people having bumper issues on elite controllers. Should never be a thing on a 150€ controller.

But xbox controllers do slightly better for me personally.

And if I have to live with bad quality then I want atleast a good feeling controller while actually using it. That one is not the ps5 controller for me.