Too many midfielders …. who to use

FUT_CPFC
1181 posts Professional
Whilst the “game is dead” vs. too much contents, last weeks cards are now useless ….. debate rages on, I’m struggling to settle on my “final team” (do we ever get a final team, I’ve never changed players so much in my life!).

Anyway, I’m thinking of using the below. Defence/GK is easy. Don’t really have much else in my club so pretty non-negotiable. Moralez I’d like to get in my team, great acceleration, 5”2 so incredibly nimble, makes great runs from CM & CAM and comes up with the goals! Neymar ….. I don’t think I could justify benching him. Pato I’d like to use, especially for the Moralez/Neymar chemistry.

5056-DFE0-6-ED4-420-C-937-D-4-C42-B54-DDD0-A.jpg

Then I have the below! My CCM tends to drop between CB’s and stays back (Vieira been doing this every week since I got him) and RCM/LCM both on get forwards. Kimmich has been incredible. Bellingham amazing. Just getting used to Rafinha, although find him more effective at CAM. Pedri I struggled with, but didn’t give him enough time. The rest I’ve not used.

How would you build out the midfield and why?

D069-F65-F-5440-4-DD7-9-AB3-2726-BC24-F683.jpg
AC353088-4-A6-A-43-EB-8-ADA-0-BDAACB31-DFE.jpg
EBA87962-F793-430-A-828-B-19-C5-EDFACD0-D.jpg
FFC9-E679-31-B2-45-AD-8386-B685-FD4-BA1-B7.jpg

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    96739 posts Moderator
    Vieira because you'll need a link connector

Bellingham for the link to Schmelzer

Rafinha for the link to Neymar
  • radhoyl
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    I think it is up to you to decide.

Why don't you try various combinations?

Vieira is part of any of my teams.

Rafinha tends to be too.

Barella will be

• TheBigCat
    56 posts Park Captain
    edited July 30
    dhytrlwdxfv7.jpg

You can ignore vds dont know why I put him in.
    And switch to your formation with tactics obviously.

• Thedudeabides
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have most of those mids and my favourite 3 combo is Rafinha LCM Tonali CDM and Barella RCM🤷‍♂️ Pedri is also on their level but I dropped him for chem and also to try new cards. Like the guy above said tho, give them a try as you may click with different players than others ✌️
  • FifaProDK
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is what we call luxury problems...
  • FUT_CPFC
    1181 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Vieira because you'll need a link connector

Bellingham for the link to Schmelzer

Rafinha for the link to Neymar

Tried that in the second half of a game and was pretty good. I think my RCM for some reason outperforms my LCM, regardless of who’s there. Usually Kimmich is immense at RCM, put Bellingham there and he bangs in 2 goals and makes great runs. LCM sticks back a bit more … same instructions on both though!

Bellingham would only start on 7 chem though, Kimmich would get 10
    radhoyl wrote: »
    I think it is up to you to decide.

Why don't you try various combinations?

Vieira is part of any of my teams.

Rafinha tends to be too.

Barella will be

Yeah get it’s my choice. Just looking for others experiences and combination ideas. I keep toying with the idea of replacing Vieira, but he intercepts everything and then let’s the rest of the team do their thing.
    TheBigCat wrote: »
    dhytrlwdxfv7.jpg

You can ignore vds dont know why I put him in.
    And switch to your formation with tactics obviously.

That looks pretty awesome. But no Dybala and I’ve gone untradable only :disappointed: Maybe rewards this week :joy:
    I have most of those mids and my favourite 3 combo is Rafinha LCM Tonali CDM and Barella RCM🤷‍♂️ Pedri is also on their level but I dropped him for chem and also to try new cards. Like the guy above said tho, give them a try as you may click with different players than others ✌️

How formation do you play? I think I struggle with smaller CM’s, and yours is tiny :blush: Inplayed so many WL’s with Vieira, Kimmich and Bellingham. All pretty tall and bulky most others
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    This is what we call luxury problems...

:joy: I know right! Only bought the game in May, seems so easy to get high rated cards. Haven’t played FUT in a few years, but always remember it being a grind, especially when WL was 40 games and rewards were terrible for the average player!
  • Thedudeabides
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    @FUT_CPFC at the mo I play 41212 narrow, I need more nimble players to dribble as my gameplay has been tragic lately 😞
  • FUT_CPFC
    1181 posts Professional
    @FUT_CPFC at the mo I play 41212 narrow, I need more nimble players to dribble as my gameplay has been tragic lately 😞

Fair do’s, not too different from my 4312 as my CCM drops right back. I struggle with dribbling from CM, I’m not good enough. Don’t mind CAM/ST’s as, if they lose the ball, my CM’s pick it back up and go again. Also Kimmich is pretty good and helping move the ball upfield
  • FUT_CPFC
    1181 posts Professional
    Tried a few out over WL, the first few qualifiers for next week and a couple of DR. Think my playstyle just suits taller CM’s.

Pedri - still didn’t click. Bought him before when he was 1M, and it didn’t work so sold. Now have him untradable. Just found him lacking. Good passer of the ball, that was about it, I couldn’t get him doing much else

Tonali - very good at intercepting and tackling, was all over the midfield, but still below big Pat quality. Maybe if I didn’t have my CCM dropping back, Tonali would be better. Will keep on my bench to help close out games, or sun in for PV

Barella - a better Pedri. His dribbling is incredible, he’s so nimble, can get out of tight spots and carry the ball up the pitch. Seemed to get pushed off the ball too easily though. Great shooting stats, but never found himself in a position for a pop. Will make the bench

Rafinha - at CM, offered almost nothing. Had him to get forwards and my LB to stay back, but most of the time they ended up walking round together. Put him in at CAM and :love: He takes some encouraging to get upfield, but carries the ball well and that left foot is insane. Outside of the foot shots …. scored some crackers

Bellingham/Kimmich - both players do it all. Track back and tackle. Bully opposition off the ball. Carry the ball forwards. Hold up ball well. Can finish too

Means I had to drop Moralez, who I love this year, but Bellingham / Vieira / Kimmich in midfield with Rafinha at CAM and ADM / Neymar up top, I think that’s my settled team.

Just waiting on a decent Serie A GK and Bundes LB from FUTTIES to replace Maignan and Schmelzer …. even though they do a job!
  • Team Sam
    4075 posts National Call-Up
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »
    Tried a few out over WL, the first few qualifiers for next week and a couple of DR. Think my playstyle just suits taller CM’s.

Pedri - still didn’t click. Bought him before when he was 1M, and it didn’t work so sold. Now have him untradable. Just found him lacking. Good passer of the ball, that was about it, I couldn’t get him doing much else

Tonali - very good at intercepting and tackling, was all over the midfield, but still below big Pat quality. Maybe if I didn’t have my CCM dropping back, Tonali would be better. Will keep on my bench to help close out games, or sun in for PV

Barella - a better Pedri. His dribbling is incredible, he’s so nimble, can get out of tight spots and carry the ball up the pitch. Seemed to get pushed off the ball too easily though. Great shooting stats, but never found himself in a position for a pop. Will make the bench

Rafinha - at CM, offered almost nothing. Had him to get forwards and my LB to stay back, but most of the time they ended up walking round together. Put him in at CAM and :love: He takes some encouraging to get upfield, but carries the ball well and that left foot is insane. Outside of the foot shots …. scored some crackers

Bellingham/Kimmich - both players do it all. Track back and tackle. Bully opposition off the ball. Carry the ball forwards. Hold up ball well. Can finish too

Means I had to drop Moralez, who I love this year, but Bellingham / Vieira / Kimmich in midfield with Rafinha at CAM and ADM / Neymar up top, I think that’s my settled team.

Just waiting on a decent Serie A GK and Bundes LB from FUTTIES to replace Maignan and Schmelzer …. even though they do a job!

Thanks, interesting read.

Personally I'm really enjoying Pedri, but I may look to upgrade if the right player comes along. Not fussed about Barella.

Have you tried PIM Zidane?
  • FUT_CPFC
    1181 posts Professional
    Team Sam wrote: »
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »

Thanks, interesting read.

Personally I'm really enjoying Pedri, but I may look to upgrade if the right player comes along. Not fussed about Barella.

Have you tried PIM Zidane?

Not tried any icon except Vieira. I always struggle against Zidane though. Just seems to glide around the pitch :joy:

I can see how people could use/enjoy/get the best out of Pedri, suppose it all comes down to peoples different play styles. Those that like to skill, or dribble will be my Bellingham/Kimmich/Vieira combo as the worst, those that just want crunching tackles and passing game might appreciate it a bit more. Always good to have a little variety, the spice of life :smile:
  • CCFC1987
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pedri is class

My midfield is rafina lahm pedri
  • Zaius
    988 posts Professional
    Jude CLEAR