Dumped all fodder into gullit

FutGuy
1544 posts Play-Off Hero
I’ve been wanting to have him in my team all year and now finally have him but he seems so underwhelming. Tots Bellingham, tots nkunku seem so much better.
What’s the best way to use gullit?

Comments

• Bob_Bobson
    3729 posts National Call-Up
    Engine chem. I use either as a b2b in a 4321 or as the attacking CDM in a 4222.
  • joehuk
    8086 posts League Winner
    Play more than 1game :joy:

Jokes aside, get him on get forward don't try wiggle with him use his passing and WF long shots.. trigger runs with him using LB pass his stride gets him away from players so well

Either CM or secondary CDM
  • FutGuy
    1544 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    Engine chem. I use either as a b2b in a 4321 or as the attacking CDM in a 4222.

Currently have engine on him and have him rcm on get forward instructions. Maybe I need to adjust to him but doesn’t seem him he is 2mil better than what I was already using 🧐
  • FutGuy
    1544 posts Play-Off Hero
    joehuk wrote: »

Jokes aside, get him on get forward don't try wiggle with him use his passing and WF long shots.. trigger runs with him using LB pass his stride gets him away from players so well

Lol I’ll play a another 20-30 to try and get used to him. By then I’m sure ea will release someone like sanches who will be even better
  • Orison
    75765 posts Icon
    Go on next gen and spam Bene Bauer crosses. Easy.
  • JimNoShoes
    1286 posts Professional
    In my first weekend league with Jim, I found him good but not amazing. Now I am 50 off games in he is amazing. He lays next to tots Bellingham in 4222 as cm. Not what it is that has changed, but probably not trying to force him, he is so good at every stage of the pitch and his finishing is immense. Sold the tradable to do sbc, from not liking to my favourite player!
  • Redlad
    1938 posts Play-Off Hero
    joehuk wrote: »

The stride is true…seems to have real turn of pace as well…when a cross comes in he can suddenly pull away from. Your defenders when it seems he was already at full pace…deceptively quick in a straight line.
  • EekAlaska
    3138 posts National Call-Up
    3 squads in. Only 12 more or so to go...
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    TBH the guys you mentioned are as good or maybe even better. EA has been slowly closing the gap on icons over the last few years and this year went to far. At this point in the game top PIM icons are no longer the default best cards at their position.

I use PIM Ronaldinho in my main squad, as he was one of my favorite players growing up, but I have a decent amount of untradebale cards in the 1-3 million dollar range that play better for me at CAM. I won’t take him out of my lineup as the nostalgia makes it fun for me but if I only cared about winning he would probably come off the bench.
  • ExcellentExecution
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I learnt my lesson with him last year and won't be touching his SBC this time.

He just doesn't suit me at all. I need more nimble CM's like Verratti. Gullit just felt like a big lump in comparison.
  • RogLeBell
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gullit just isn’t the one this year
  • Sctt78
    1252 posts Professional
    If you are looking to be meta then these icons are behind most of the SS cards. I’d only advise doing them if you have a vested interest in the player and will have fun with the card regardless. This advice also applies to when they finally release moments Ronaldo. With regards to your question I’m not really sure how you get the best out of him. I used the mid just after it was release and quickly sold him as I couldn’t find a place for him anywhere on the field, he just felt so slow and awkward even against weak squads.
  • Baineaux
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've always wanted to have him at some point too. I did the loan card and played 5 games and was sold.

There's just something about him on the pitch, his movement feels great and his forward runs are unstoppable. His presence is intimidating and composure is sublime. I'm playing him next to PIM Vieira and they are incredible together, they compliment each other so well. He has everything Vieira has, the physicality, the power and jammy defending, plus better dribbling, passing and shooting and feels much more agile and quicker. Put an engine on him and because I think on any other chem style he won't feel that special.

An 85 and an 86 to go, 100k spent so far, I had a lot of fodder so can't complain.
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    RCM in a midfield 3 is where I've always found any version of Gullit best.

No instructions, don't force it to him and don't try nimble dribbling. You'll then see he's always popping up in the right place to score goals.

I like him most in a 433(2). Gullit RCM, Vieira DM, then someone more nimble as LCM (currently Pedri)
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    I use prime with a finisher chemistry to boost his finishing n dribbling,as RCM(3 man midfield) with get forward instruction,,he has grown on me after being dismissed initially,,,his runs are quality n can finish with either foot,,m sure PIM will be a huge upgrade(was in my end team last edition)
  • CheeseSlice
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gravenberch for 47k is by far the better option …gullit is a great card ..but in July there are many great cards for the coins
  • Griezmanifique
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    I completed gullit with fodder.
    Packed leao and mbappe 😂.
    Insane luck.
  • SosoLobi
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Always do the loan first before starting a 1mil+ Icon sbc.
  • radhoyl
    5086 posts Big Money Move
    SosoLobi wrote: »
    Always do the loan first before starting a 1mil+ Icon sbc.

The loan is about 50k as of now...
  • player
    1128 posts Professional
    Icons were good in fifa14,15.
    FutGuy wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to have him in my team all year and now finally have him but he seems so underwhelming. Tots Bellingham, tots nkunku seem so much better.
    What’s the best way to use gullit?

False nine or Striker.For fun.
    Otherwise bring him on after 60 minute.
  • Baineaux
    Is it just me or does his hair in game look short? When I've played against him he has a massive dreadlock afro. Maybe the PIM has shorter dreads than the other versions....
  • joehuk
    8086 posts League Winner
    Baineaux wrote: »
    Is it just me or does his hair in game look short? When I've played against him he has a massive dreadlock afro. Maybe the PIM has shorter dreads than the other versions....

Yeah his hair is shorter and think his body type is slightly thinner aswell compared to his prime
  • Domination
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tempted to do him. Got so much fodda, so many dupes so can't open packs. Nothing else to put them into
  • Chill
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When I got the Prime many months ago I was underwhelmed too, being honest. Then I realised he was involved in everything everywhere. Equally as brilliant at defending as he is middle of the park or in the box, more assists than any other player by a mile too. Keep his passing and moving game and enjoy the odd worldie goal
  • Baineaux
    Chill wrote: »
    When I got the Prime many months ago I was underwhelmed too, being honest. Then I realised he was involved in everything everywhere. Equally as brilliant at defending as he is middle of the park or in the box, more assists than any other player by a mile too. Keep his passing and moving game and enjoy the odd worldie goal

100% agree, he has a presence and contribution on the pitch that is unmatched. He is also consistent, every game, passing, movement, dribbling...etc are always on point.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Baineaux wrote: »

100% agree, he has a presence and contribution on the pitch that is unmatched. He is also consistent, every game, passing, movement, dribbling...etc are always on point.

Yes,,the only player who comes close to his presence is Jude n possibly this 95 kimpembe
  • Goodgod10
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ll do it when the 85x10 comes out, if it does