Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    @El_Nino


    If Chelsea had Koulibaly, VVD and Son in the pipeline and to enable these transfers to go ahead, they needed to sell Kante, who currently is open to a move to City, but refuses to go until he is paid his deferred wages that he is no longer contractually entitled to if he left, thus scuppering the aforementioned deals, are you actually telling me you'd be siding with Kante and you'd rather go into the season with Kante staying and no Koulibaly, VVD and Son?
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    It's like say you work for an IT company and you were paid £60k a year. They were having a bad time during Covid and to survive and keep your job during the difficult time they asked you to accept a £35k salary for a couple of years with the promise you'll get the £50k you are owed after the 2 years over a 4 year period in addition to your salary going back to the normal £60k so you'll get £72.5k a year.

    Then suddenly they are trying force you out after Covid (I know it's not the same with a normal job Vs football in this sense) and they are trying every trick they can to get you to quit and get another job so they don't have to pay you £50k owed wages, what would you do?

    If they were transferring me to the same job that would effectively pay me that wage anyway, why would I care?

    lmao... because you're coughing up 50k in this scenario? That's a nice car, nice lump in the savings, help the kids college funds, etc... I'm sorry, but I don't believe that in this scenario you'd let them force you out without a fight and walk away from 50k in this scenario just because you've got another 60-70k job lined up... ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that. lmfao. No chance you wouldn't care.

    I'm operating on the presumption that United's wage offer to FDJ will more or less be equal to what FDJ would have gotten if he stayed at Barcelona.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35971 posts World Cup Winner
    edited July 21
    And also, if a player at United was getting forced out against his will, especially in this scenario, I'd 100% sympathize and support the player. Nevermind the fact that FDJ is a very good key player and not like a bench fringe player.

    I've not met/talked to any Barca fan that agree with Barca's handling of this situation regardless of the player registration issue (granted i've not sought out opinions outside of the few friends I have, but they are sensible fans imo). This has been an ongoing issue with Barca struggling to find ways to register their players. Club needs a massive wake up call to get it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ together and stop getting passes.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    edited July 21
    I don't buy that in the slightest. No player is bigger than the club and if a player staying means the club suffers because they cannot improve the team in the way that they planned to, then as far as I am concerned, I would want them out.
  • Pietu
    12767 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, I couldn't care less about who "wins" this between Barcelona and FDJ. I am just playing the devil's advocate and presenting how I feel Barcelona see the situation. I'm looking at it from both sides.

    FDJ: I agreed to help you out by taking a pay cut now and getting it back in future seasons. Now you want to sell me before I am owed that money. I don't like this. If you want me to leave, give me the money that I would have gotten if I didn't take the pay cut. Or I will stay.

    Barca: You agreed to a paycut to help us out, thanks, that was helpful. However, it is in our best interest to sell you so that we can invest into the team and improve. Sorry, but we need to sell you. We don't owe you that money, because you signed a contract stating that you'd get the money in 22/23 and 23/24, but if you're not here, that contract no longer exists and United will be paying your wages.

    Barca promised to pay him back, they owe him the money even if he isn't contracted to them.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    edited July 21
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, I couldn't care less about who "wins" this between Barcelona and FDJ. I am just playing the devil's advocate and presenting how I feel Barcelona see the situation. I'm looking at it from both sides.

    FDJ: I agreed to help you out by taking a pay cut now and getting it back in future seasons. Now you want to sell me before I am owed that money. I don't like this. If you want me to leave, give me the money that I would have gotten if I didn't take the pay cut. Or I will stay.

    Barca: You agreed to a paycut to help us out, thanks, that was helpful. However, it is in our best interest to sell you so that we can invest into the team and improve. Sorry, but we need to sell you. We don't owe you that money, because you signed a contract stating that you'd get the money in 22/23 and 23/24, but if you're not here, that contract no longer exists and United will be paying your wages.

    Barca promised to pay him back, they owe him the money even if he isn't contracted to them.

    That makes no sense. The contract would have been re-written and signed. They don't owe him the money if he leaves, end of.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    On that note, I am out. I've spoken way too much about this, considering I don't actually care that much.

    Ultimately, my preferred scenario would be that FDJ stays, Barcelona suffer and so do United.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35971 posts World Cup Winner
    edited July 21
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I don't buy that in the slightest. No player is bigger than the club and if a player staying means the club suffers because they cannot improve the team in the way that they planned to, then as far as I am concerned, I would want them out.

    I understand that no player is bigger than the club, but this scenario is different...The club brought it on themselves. The club has been run disastrously. They've continuously dug themselves in a hole. I've never agreed with clubs forcing players out that absolutely want to be at the club and are giving it their all.

    You as a supporter can't be happy with that and keep backing the club decisions in that situation or you're just part of the problem IMO. You can still be a support of the club, but doesn't mean you have to blindly support their decisions especially when they're morally wrong.
  • El_Nino
    10466 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 21
    VVD4 wrote: »
    @El_Nino


    If Chelsea had Koulibaly, VVD and Son in the pipeline and to enable these transfers to go ahead, they needed to sell Kante, who currently is open to a move to City, but refuses to go until he is paid his deferred wages that he is no longer contractually entitled to if he left, thus scuppering the aforementioned deals, are you actually telling me you'd be siding with Kante and you'd rather go into the season with Kante staying and no Koulibaly, VVD and Son?

    Would I sooner Kante be happy to leave? Yes. Would I want him forced out of the club? Absolutely not. I'll never support the club forcing out a player who wants to be there and is giving their all. I still support Werner, who debatably doesn't even want to be here.

    It isn't FDJ, and wouldn't be Kante's fault that the club has messed up it's finances to the extent of needing to force a player out who is happy, to accomadate new signings.
  • Pietu
    12767 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, I couldn't care less about who "wins" this between Barcelona and FDJ. I am just playing the devil's advocate and presenting how I feel Barcelona see the situation. I'm looking at it from both sides.

    FDJ: I agreed to help you out by taking a pay cut now and getting it back in future seasons. Now you want to sell me before I am owed that money. I don't like this. If you want me to leave, give me the money that I would have gotten if I didn't take the pay cut. Or I will stay.

    Barca: You agreed to a paycut to help us out, thanks, that was helpful. However, it is in our best interest to sell you so that we can invest into the team and improve. Sorry, but we need to sell you. We don't owe you that money, because you signed a contract stating that you'd get the money in 22/23 and 23/24, but if you're not here, that contract no longer exists and United will be paying your wages.

    Barca promised to pay him back, they owe him the money even if he isn't contracted to them.

    That makes no sense. The contract would have been re-written and signed. They don't owe him the money if he leaves, end of.

    But we don't know that, we don't know what happens in this situation, end of.
  • VVD4
    8348 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, I couldn't care less about who "wins" this between Barcelona and FDJ. I am just playing the devil's advocate and presenting how I feel Barcelona see the situation. I'm looking at it from both sides.

    FDJ: I agreed to help you out by taking a pay cut now and getting it back in future seasons. Now you want to sell me before I am owed that money. I don't like this. If you want me to leave, give me the money that I would have gotten if I didn't take the pay cut. Or I will stay.

    Barca: You agreed to a paycut to help us out, thanks, that was helpful. However, it is in our best interest to sell you so that we can invest into the team and improve. Sorry, but we need to sell you. We don't owe you that money, because you signed a contract stating that you'd get the money in 22/23 and 23/24, but if you're not here, that contract no longer exists and United will be paying your wages.

    Barca promised to pay him back, they owe him the money even if he isn't contracted to them.

    That makes no sense. The contract would have been re-written and signed. They don't owe him the money if he leaves, end of.

    But we don't know that, we don't know what happens in this situation, end of.

    We do know because you can't just promise something without it being contractually agreed.

    And if it was contractually agreed, then this wouldn't even be happening. Barcelona would basically be forced to give FDJ what he was owed.
  • Pietu
    12767 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 21
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue. Like I said, I couldn't care less about who "wins" this between Barcelona and FDJ. I am just playing the devil's advocate and presenting how I feel Barcelona see the situation. I'm looking at it from both sides.

    FDJ: I agreed to help you out by taking a pay cut now and getting it back in future seasons. Now you want to sell me before I am owed that money. I don't like this. If you want me to leave, give me the money that I would have gotten if I didn't take the pay cut. Or I will stay.

    Barca: You agreed to a paycut to help us out, thanks, that was helpful. However, it is in our best interest to sell you so that we can invest into the team and improve. Sorry, but we need to sell you. We don't owe you that money, because you signed a contract stating that you'd get the money in 22/23 and 23/24, but if you're not here, that contract no longer exists and United will be paying your wages.

    Barca promised to pay him back, they owe him the money even if he isn't contracted to them.

    That makes no sense. The contract would have been re-written and signed. They don't owe him the money if he leaves, end of.

    But we don't know that, we don't know what happens in this situation, end of.

    We do know because you can't just promise something without it being contractually agreed.

    And if it was contractually agreed, then this wouldn't even be happening. Barcelona would basically be forced to give FDJ what he was owed.

    I've read that they have promised to pay him what he is owed, don't remember when but not yet, but that Frenkie would want it now if he goes to United and Barca obviously don't want to do that.

    E: I don't remember if it was contractually agreed upon but would have to think so.
  • Ashy
    23404 posts Club Captain
    edited July 21
    Dear lord help us all...

    But let's not pay off De Jong

  • yosef167
    6122 posts Big Money Move
    what i cant understand about this stupid club
    they decided to sell alot of Rights which will have huge effect to the future for them
    instead of getting out of the debts they are using the money in players while keeping the debts
  • Rand0m Hero
    1288 posts Professional
    I would be doing the same thing as FDJ if I were in his situation for 17 million (reportedly) reasons. I could see waving off 5 million or so in your prime earning years but 17 million is significant. United would no doubt offer high wages but they also aren’t responsible for Barca’s debt. He’d probably be foolish to enter into another agreement with Barca to facilitate a payment of his deferred wages after a transfer but honestly that’s probably the only way a move will get done.
  • Cyodine
    6480 posts Big Money Move
    yosef167 wrote: »
    what i cant understand about this stupid club
    they decided to sell alot of Rights which will have huge effect to the future for them
    instead of getting out of the debts they are using the money in players while keeping the debts

    A lot of clubs and businesses operate on sizeable debts but as long as Barca can still land sponsoring deals and remain an attractive club, they'll find money.
  • WryLucky
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Dear lord help us all...

    But let's not pay off De Jong


    I assume this includes transfers they already made.
  • yosef167
    6122 posts Big Money Move
    Cyodine wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    what i cant understand about this stupid club
    they decided to sell alot of Rights which will have huge effect to the future for them
    instead of getting out of the debts they are using the money in players while keeping the debts

    A lot of clubs and businesses operate on sizeable debts but as long as Barca can still land sponsoring deals and remain an attractive club, they'll find money.

    you can get that those levers are %
    example : they sold 10% of TV rights(main income)
    current TV rights stand of 250m which means they will get 25m less yearly
    lets say in 10 years TV rights are might be lets say 500m they will lose 50m off them

    they sold alot of things which should automatically effect the years income of the team
    let alone they will need to work with alot lesser wage roof transfer budget etc
    but that doesnt seem to happen for now
    they are seriously risking the future
    they had 1b debt and added new debt over it
  • Jordanlippy
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Some of the worse opinions I've ever seen on a forum reading through the last couple pages 😂😂 I'm surprised people even entertain the bull ❤️❤️❤️❤️ some people say on here 😴😴
  • xHades
    14900 posts Has That Special Something
    Those levers are basically handing Real Madrid the title for a long time.
  • yosef167
    6122 posts Big Money Move

    here our striker.. his hard work won him place back to the squad
    still need to.look after RW
  • Tornado31619
    34682 posts National Team Captain
    Pre-season Pelé
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    Cyodine wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    what i cant understand about this stupid club
    they decided to sell alot of Rights which will have huge effect to the future for them
    instead of getting out of the debts they are using the money in players while keeping the debts

    A lot of clubs and businesses operate on sizeable debts but as long as Barca can still land sponsoring deals and remain an attractive club, they'll find money.

    Yeah. Couple with interest rates going up. Their future income will drop significantly. But their debt will just keep growing bigger. Eventually these things will catch up and implode.
  • CFCsjmishra
    10317 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    what i cant understand about this stupid club
    they decided to sell alot of Rights which will have huge effect to the future for them
    instead of getting out of the debts they are using the money in players while keeping the debts

    A lot of clubs and businesses operate on sizeable debts but as long as Barca can still land sponsoring deals and remain an attractive club, they'll find money.

    Yeah. Couple with interest rates going up. Their future income will drop significantly. But their debt will just keep growing bigger. Eventually these things will catch up and implode.

    Basically they need to keep winning CL or La Liga consistently otherwise it can turn into an ugly situation
  • yosef167
    6122 posts Big Money Move


    as things getting complicated for barca in registering players , will they finally be forced to solve things with FDJ so they can back into the martket?
    drspite activation of today lever that did bring them almost 400m selling extra 15% of tv rights(total 25%) they are still short in the issue of bringing players and register them
    hopefully this make them push for FDJ depature
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »

    Everyone knows they cannot register the players if they do not reduce their wage bill. But yet they go ahead to sign not 1 but 4 players. Don’t see how this is managing a club prudently and there is not much difference from the previous regime.
  • Cyodine
    6480 posts Big Money Move
    limjitwe wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »

    Everyone knows they cannot register the players if they do not reduce their wage bill. But yet they go ahead to sign not 1 but 4 players. Don’t see how this is managing a club prudently and there is not much difference from the previous regime.

    Barca is simply placing a bet that they will succeed or find more funds to offset their loses. I believe I saw an article discussing they are pushing for the Super League still, as that would provide them the financial freedom they need.

    They'll either win big with their current level or risk or implode into a massive pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️. My bet is on the latter, just because of the sheer spectacle it would be. They'll most likely discover the needed funds.
Sign In or Register to comment.