Help us reach Elite?

Footballer_1000
2888 posts National Call-Up
edited July 31
So I'm a Div 3 regular, and always reach rank 7/6 in WL.

I CANNOT seem to improve. Ideally I'd like to reach Elite, but honestly I'd settle for Div 1 and achieving 11 wins in WL without sweating my arse off.

Passing is a MASSIVE issue for me. There have been countless games in which I say "that was NOT the pass I wanted". I think that's more of a Fifa 22 thing rather than a me thing. Passing SUCKS in this version.

Admitidly, I sprint too often. (Not as much I Rivals) When I try to slow things down and do skills like ball rolls or LS dribbling, my opponent almost always reads what I'm trying to do.

Defending is very inconsistent. Sometimes my CBs literally just separate and leave a gaping hole in defence without my doing so. Not even second man press.

Players that just sprint like mad seem to cause me problems for whatever reason. No idea why.

I also feel like an unbelievably unlucky player.

I know that sounds like an excuse, and maybe it is, but I do. The amount of stupid nonsense happening is astounding.

Like my players tripping each other up and giving the ball away, or insane rebounds/deflections that miraculously end up at my opponents feet 9 times out of ten.

And of course so often I do a move/skill, but it doesn't register, so I try it again, but does the skill I originally wanted, but way too late resulting in dispossession.

Anyway, I could go on, but this post is already way too long.

Appreciate everyone who reads through all of this.

Cheers.
Post edited by Footballer_1000 on

Comments

• Footballer_1000
    Kevin wrote: »
    Trust me, you don’t want to be in div 1, everybody and their mother plays desame boring style, constant pressure and counter attack.

Perhaps, but at the very least, If nothing else, I'd like to be able to get to 11 wins in WL, or at least reach rank 6 without raging to death and back lol.

A (relatively) stress free rank 6 would be nice.
  • Kevin
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Trust me, you don’t want to be in div 1, everybody and their mother plays desame boring style, constant pressure and counter attack.

Don’t think anyone plays constant pressure.
    I wish they didn’t!

• radhoyl
    5083 posts Big Money Move

I CANNOT seem to improve. Ideally I'd like to reach Elite, but honestly I'd settle for Div 1 and achieving 11 wins in WL without sweating my arse off.

Passing is a MASSIVE issue for me. There have been countless games in which I say "that was NOT the pass I wanted". I think that's more of a Fifa 22 thing rather than a me thing. Passing SUCKS in this version.

Admitidly, I sprint too often. (Not as much I Rivals) When I try to slow things down and do skills like ball rolls or LS dribbling, my opponent almost always reads what I'm trying to do.

Defending is very inconsistent. Sometimes my CBs literally just separate and leave a gaping hole in defence without my doing so. Not even second man press.

Players that just sprint like mad seem to cause me problems for whatever reason. No idea why.

I know that sounds like an excuse, and maybe it is, but I do. The amount of stupid nonsense happening is astounding.

Like my players tripping each other up and giving the ball away, or insane rebounds/deflections that miraculously end up at my opponents feet 9 times out of ten.

And of course so often I do a move/skill, but it doesn't register, so I try it again, but does the skill I originally wanted, but way too late resulting in dispossession.

Cheers.

The problem is that only better players are now playing as weaker players lost interest.

Probably you can reach Elite when the big majority go to Fifa23.
  • Fifapayne
    6924 posts Big Money Move

I wish they didn’t!

They don’t
    Show me any custom tactics online of top players who say use constant pressure.

• Kevin
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite

I wish they didn’t!

They don’t
    Then I don’t know how they put constant pressure on my backline the whole match, maybe it’s ultra attacking?
    I’ve started playing this FIFA like 5 weeks ago and now in division 1, I don’t think I can promote to elite this or next season.

• Phuong
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think you’re probably best of focusing on improving one aspect of your game at a time until it becomes second nature. We are all playing the same game so luck goes both ways. There’s so much help available out there on YouTube etc. For your defending point - you have to get better at manual defending. Watch top players defend and you’ll see they constantly micro manage their defenders and don’t just let the ai defend. If you just let the ai defend for you against good attackers you’ll get scored in quite easily.
  • Footballer_1000
    radhoyl wrote: »

Cheers.

The problem is that only better players are now playing as weaker players lost interest.

I think you're right. Or at least it feels like it.
  • Footballer_1000

I wish they didn’t!

They don’t
    Then I don’t know how they put constant pressure on my backline the whole match, maybe it’s ultra attacking?
    I’ve started playing this FIFA like 5 weeks ago and now in division 1, I don’t think I can promote to elite this or next season.

I can relate. Some players just do not give you a second to breathe.

And yet, when they want to be a ❤❤❤❤head and keep the ball because they're 2 nill up passing back and fourth to the keeper, they can do it with relative ease.
  • radhoyl

Cheers.

I am division 2 regular and have same observations about my play as you have.

Planning to give a shot for div 1 in October, before quitting Fifa till May 2023.
  • Footballer_1000
    Phuong wrote: »
    I think you’re probably best of focusing on improving one aspect of your game at a time until it becomes second nature. We are all playing the same game so luck goes both ways. There’s so much help available out there on YouTube etc. For your defending point - you have to get better at manual defending. Watch top players defend and you’ll see they constantly micro manage their defenders and don’t just let the ai defend. If you just let the ai defend for you against good attackers you’ll get scored in quite easily.

Good call. SO I suppose I just need to choose 1 thing to improve.

I wouldn't mind getting better in attack. If I know I could likely outside my opponent, I wouldn't be so neurotic in defence lol.
  • Footballer_1000

Cheers.

Planning to give a shot for div 1 in October, before quitting Fifa till May 2023.

Isn't it annoying that at the end of each Fifa, we all get great chances at the best players such as 85x10, but by then most are all moving on. 😅
  • radhoyl

Cheers.

Isn't it annoying that at the end of each Fifa, we all get great chances at the best players such as 85x10, but by then most are all moving on. 😅

The marketing is very strong. The beta versions are interpreted as having exciting novelties. New features like Heroes, etc.

In September will be the same, the excitement will go to the roof.

• Goodgod10
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sounds grim tbh
  • Footballer_1000

Cheers.

The marketing is very strong. The beta versions are interpreted as having exciting novelties. New features like Heroes, etc.

I wonder if Fifa 23 will be FTP? There were many rumours suggesting it'll be. The new Skate game is FTP, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I tend to skip every other Fifa to keep it fresh, but if it's FTP, I guess I'll be there. 😅
  • Phuong
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I wouldn't mind getting better in attack. If I know I could likely outside my opponent, I wouldn't be so neurotic in defence lol.

I relate as I’m pretty neurotic too when defending. Really bad flaw when playing playing composed and creative opponents. It’s okay tho as I’m working on it and seeing gradual progress. How long have you been playing for?
  • radhoyl

Cheers.

I wonder if Fifa 23 will be FTP? There were many rumours suggesting it'll be. The new Skate game is FTP, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I tend to skip every other Fifa to keep it fresh, but if it's FTP, I guess I'll be there. 😅

Not going to be free unfortunately.

• abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Just play your natural game,,try to improve defensively(that's the key) n learn some handy skill moves along the way
  • Footballer_1000

I relate as I’m pretty neurotic too when defending. Really bad flaw when playing playing composed and creative opponents. It’s okay tho as I’m working on it and seeing gradual progress. How long have you been playing for?

Off and on since 18. Well, technically Fifa 10, but didn't play again until Fifa 13 but it got stolen within a few weeks of owning lol.

But yeah, only really got into online towards the end of Fifa 18. Skipped 19. Played mostly career in 20 for whatever reason lol.
  • Footballer_1000

Cheers.

Not going to be free unfortunately.

Damn. But also good I think. Could go either way if it was FTP.
  • nextqprmanager
    3762 posts National Call-Up
    I think - keep cool/calm. Many say watch Pro`s & just take one thing from them & put in your muscle memory.
    I just started to skill a bit with my front 4 & it puts a few in a spin!.
    That aside, Team helps a bit, tactics - I like my 3142 but should close the game at 3-0 but don`t learn!, should change to 4231 etc.
    Dont, unlike me, keep changing your Team/tactics. Unfortunately you`ll have to play more boring.
  • Footballer_1000
    Just play your natural game,,try to improve defensively(that's the key) n learn some handy skill moves along the way

Indeed I feel like that's the key. Improving defence. But it would appear I can't for some reason. Some players are like brick walls.

Wish I could recreate that.

And you know when you're playing someone and for the most part, you're equal, but then all of a sudden the floodgates open up (for them, or yourself) and it's goal after goal and defending becomes impossible?

I hate that. Except when you are the one scoring. Then I do not hate it. 😂
  • radhoyl

Indeed I feel like that's the key. Improving defence. But it would appear I can't for some reason. Some players are like brick walls.

And you know when you're playing someone and for the most part, you're equal, but then all of a sudden the floodgates open up (for them, or yourself) and it's goal after goal and defending becomes impossible?

It happens when I am 2-0 up after first half. Then 2-2 in 50th minute.

Then 2-4 in 60th minute.

Mainly my loss of composure
  • libertao
    1920 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are you RS switching mostly? A huge part of defense is predicting where the opponent is going to pass and RS switching to the defender and intercepting that pass before they have a chance to control the pass recipient.

Re: sprinting -- it's not about completely laying off the sprint button IMO, it's about saving it to use at the right times for small boosts..
  • Jordi93
    720 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don’t constantly switch player with L1 or right stick. Take your time in defending.

Don’t rush attacks where they have loads of men behind the ball, just frustrate by slowing it down, doing some unnecessary skills, wait for the gap and go for it.

Pulled me from 11 wins to 14 wins in FUT champs.

Have direct passing on tactics too otherwise players turn into garden gnomes!
  • Footballer_1000
    I think - keep cool/calm. Many say watch Pro`s & just take one thing from them & put in your muscle memory.
    I just started to skill a bit with my front 4 & it puts a few in a spin!.
    That aside, Team helps a bit, tactics - I like my 3142 but should close the game at 3-0 but don`t learn!, should change to 4231 etc.
    Dont, unlike me, keep changing your Team/tactics. Unfortunately you`ll have to play more boring.

I do think that is key. Composure.

Unfortunately during WL, when everything is going against you and you're losing to players that you know you're better than, or their keeper makes 10 plus saves in a game, it's so incredibly hard not to rage.

But yeah, I do agree mentality is important.
  • Footballer_1000

It happens when I am 2-0 up after first half. Then 2-2 in 50th minute.

Then 2-4 in 60th minute.

Mainly my loss of composure

So annoying, isn't it.
  • Footballer_1000
    libertao wrote: »
    Are you RS switching mostly? A huge part of defense is predicting where the opponent is going to pass and RS switching to the defender and intercepting that pass before they have a chance to control the pass recipient.

Re: sprinting -- it's not about completely laying off the sprint button IMO, it's about saving it to use at the right times for small boosts..

I usually use RS switching just under half the time.

I do use RS, but I use R1 more. Sometimes there are certain players that I try to RS switch to, but no matter what I do or how I do it, it simply will not switch to the intended player lol. Mostly players in the middle of the pitch that ate most difficult to switch to.

Somewhat infuriating lol. 😅
  • Footballer_1000
    Jordi93 wrote: »
    Don’t constantly switch player with L1 or right stick. Take your time in defending.

Oh really? I thought you're more meant to keep switching as often as possible to almost control two players at once?

So stick with one or two players at a time and concentrate on them?

Jordi93 wrote: »
    Have direct passing on tactics too otherwise players turn into garden gnomes!

Thanks mate. I will certainly try this out. Most of my players do sort of just stand around picking their noses lol.