Thoughts on End of an Era Chiellini?

AULERT
1734 posts Play-Off Hero
I’ve played around 10 games with him now and although he wins plenty of tackles, I feel like I’m conceding more goals with him in my team. Been using him with PIM Cannavaro.

I’ve found Mings / PIM Cannavaro a much better duo, but I was able to use TOTS Alisson in goal rather than NIF Szczesny – I feel like this could be a determining factor.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks?

Comments

• Mr. Soper
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Like him a lot
  • d-Leon307-b
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hes With kounde tots the Best cb ive used this year
  • AULERT
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    What chem style do you guys have him on? I've been using Engine.
  • Hoopsterz
    3365 posts National Call-Up

The exact same CB partnership i have with TOTS Acuna LB and FB De Lorenzo RB and its as solid as a backline can get in game.
  • forearms
    6038 posts Big Money Move
    Hes great for me, but I play a back 3.
  • CFCHenri
    4669 posts National Call-Up
    NIF Szczesny is definitely a problem. TOTS Maignan or if you can get Alisson starting in a hybrid
  • Alfie5
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 27
    Got him in a back 3 with SS Kalulu and TOTS militao he absolutely blinds both, best cb I’ve used this year, as for keeper I’ve got maignan but only WW version not tots
  • Mr. Soper
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Catalyst
  • AULERT
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ll get Di Lorenzo at RB to give Chiellini full chem with any keeper I use.

Also may try catalyst, although I’m sure the 5 agility and 10 balance is nice for a bigger CB.

May also look to go 352 as I like both of my other CB's.
  • Very good just his stamina is a bit of a let down but he will probably be in my def till eog
  • xCDHx
    1438 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get Cordoba for a 2 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ CB pairing.
  • Wegonaget
    950 posts Professional
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    NIF Szczesny is definitely a problem. TOTS Maignan or if you can get Alisson starting in a hybrid

I have the 89 szczesny and he's better than maignohands
  • Hoopsterz
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    xCDHx wrote: »
    Get Cordoba for a 2 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ CB pairing.

Damn thats not a bad idea - Have you got captain Cordoba?
  • Miigue
    1244 posts Professional
    I decided to bench him. If you manually use him, he’s the best defender in the game, but his AI is a bit funky and a lot of times out of position. Koulibaly, Kounde, Varane, VVD, Ndicka are clear of him.
  • broxigaz
    1827 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's a nice card have him in a back 3 with tots dias and pim Maldini.
  • Scottybtech
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    He’s been abit of a fraud for me tbh
  • FUT_CPFC
    1159 posts Professional
    I think he’s great. Won’t be leaving my team
    AULERT wrote: »
    What chem style do you guys have him on? I've been using Engine.

I’ve got Catalyst on him for the pace and passing upgrade
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

The exact same CB partnership i have with TOTS Acuna LB and FB De Lorenzo RB and its as solid as a backline can get in game.

Almost the same here, although gone TOTS Cuadrado at RB who I’m finding is a right sided replica of Acuna
    CFCHenri wrote: »

89 Szczesny has been fine for me. Before him been using TOTS DDG and TOTS Alisson, GK’s are pretty random game to game though
  • leon1309
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    Tots Maignan is one of the worst I tried this year. But gks are mostly random. Captain Handa or SIF Szczesny were a lot better...and more consistent (even now).
  • Kid_Lacroix
    48 posts Park Captain
    He's been a bit of a fraud for me, benched along with TOTS cuardrado. Who also has been poor.

I've switch to SS Kalulu and SS Muikele as my CB partnership now
  • player
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    Miigue wrote: »
    I decided to bench him. If you manually use him, he’s the best defender in the game, but his AI is a bit funky and a lot of times out of position. Koulibaly, Kounde, Varane, VVD, Ndicka are clear of him.

Nah
  • Saiyajin
    1071 posts Professional
    Big Fraud
  • Professor
    4155 posts National Call-Up
    I still prefer Maldini and Marquinhos partnership.
  • Izzy2K17
    13910 posts Has That Special Something
    Best bang for your buck CB
  • colm96
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    I shifted him in for my tots miliato for chem purposes and he is holding his own in my back three of pim maldini and tots marquinos
  • Moggo77
    77 posts Park Captain
    Was brilliant for the cost. Accidently put him and currado in the lozano sbc last night so I'm still raging. Somehow pressed submit whilst subbing out some high rated players on the train. What an idiot!!
  • Colonel_Getafe
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't mind him but he doesn't come close to Alaba who is just the best CB this year.
  • pes1972
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 28
    For the price he is good but doesn´t bench my Ramos who despite his speed is top notch for me still
  • FUT_CPFC
    1159 posts Professional
    I don't mind him but he doesn't come close to Alaba who is just the best CB this year.

Alaba really that good? Got him from rewards ages ago, also Courtois who is always a pretty good GK. Never gotten round to using them though
  • Colonel_Getafe
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »

Alaba really that good? Got him from rewards ages ago, also Courtois who is always a pretty good GK. Never gotten round to using them though

I love him, quick, strong and great passing and shooting.

Scored a hattrick of finesse shots with him from corners yesterday. He is just all round excellent.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14696 posts World Class
    2 cards have entered in my hate list recently

EOAE Chiellini(face him 9/10 times n he's gooooodddd)

EOAE Insigne(glitched as hell,,wins duels against gullit n Bellingham for God's sake)