Not so quick social experiment in FIFA

enKage
108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited June 26
So as I have my 8/8 completed and some spare time, I decided to give free wins in Div Rivals.

Rules:
1) You score before 25 min, I quit
2) If not scored by 25 mins, I give an own goal and quit
3) If accidentally I score first, i do an own goal
The only condition is that opponent must cancel celebrity

If not cancelled, 3x long pause and LT mode on.

Experiment lasted from 8-13 my local time.

Guess how many wins I gifted

results:
ZERO

Noone was given today a fast win.
All were given 15-20 minutes wins.
Everyone even with given OG made celebrity.
Most of opponents started cancelling late game celebrities, as I always tried to be back on screen near the end of a match, but still not all.

During that experminent I managed to:
- take a bath
- clean 2 windows
- make fast shopping
- read 80 pages of a book
- make spaghetti
- put on loundry and hang clothes outside
- clean the oven
every activity finishing before the end of any match

Just a quick guide how to use your time, while wasting others' when targeting for 90 div rivals games

Post edited by RadioShaq on

Comments

• radhoyl
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    There are so many other ways to spend a non rainy Sunday
  • EdgySam
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why are you calling celebrations celebrities? 😂
  • enKage
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EdgySam wrote: »
    Why are you calling celebrations celebrities? 😂

Because I am not native and make mistakes :P

• RadioShaq
    20214 posts Moderator
    Do you tell them to cancel the celebration or they just have to guess that’s a rule?
  • Fifapayne
    6597 posts Big Money Move
    Weird
  • Sean_1234
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Haha, I've just gifted 5 wins in playoffs, 3 of them celebrated, none messaged thanks. I just laughed tbh.
  • Scu11duggery
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    People gatekeeping how nice they are to other people based in their own rules do nothing to improve the community. It doesn't matter if you feel they were toxic first. "Punishing" them will more likely make them even more toxic to others, whether they're aware if your daft rules or not...
  • ILevis
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    Groundbreaking social experiment.

You really showed it to your opponents when you ... gave them a free win anyways.

Thanks to you, they are now sitting in their room, reflecting their atrocious behavior. I bet none of them will ever celebrate again.
  • Team Sam
    4075 posts National Call-Up
    Not everyone knows how to cancel celebrations. Some people just do quick ones. You can tell when someone is trying to wind you up with their celebrations, but most of them aren't a big deal.

Some people also use that short celebration moment as a little breather, as the game play can be intense.

If you want to gift wins, go for it, it's a nice thing to do.

But it's weird holding people to rules they aren't aware of, then punishing them by rubber banding and wasting their time if they somehow haven't managed to read your mind.

Unfortunately, you've ended up turning a nice act into a toxic evening wasting everyone's time.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3419 posts National Call-Up
    Kinda looks like the guy has ended up being the test subject in his own 'experiment'.

I will say though, while I do not think FIFA has the most toxic community, it's definitely in with a shout of having the most stupid one. The evidence builds every day.
  • Orison
    74593 posts Icon
    Just saying that if you score and the opponent immediately presses pause you often can't instantly skip celebrations.

The player will start celebrating and only halfway through it will pause the game no matter how much you spam L1+R1/LB+RB.

So if you paused it right when they scored to either quit or waste their time then nobody even had the chance to skip their celebration.
  • Moxon
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Not everyone knows how to cancel celebrations. Some people just do quick ones. You can tell when someone is trying to wind you up with their celebrations, but most of them aren't a big deal.

Some people also use that short celebration moment as a little breather, as the game play can be intense.

But it's weird holding people to rules they aren't aware of, then punishing them by rubber banding and wasting their time if they somehow haven't managed to read your mind.

Unfortunately, you've ended up turning a nice act into a toxic evening wasting everyone's time.

99% of FUT players read online forums like this one and know the unwritten rules of the game.

There are no casuals who play FUT, it’s a mode that you have to play every day and put time into to get anything out of.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3419 posts National Call-Up
    Moxon wrote: »

99% of FUT players read online forums like this one and know the unwritten rules of the game.

There are no casuals who play FUT, it’s a mode that you have to play every day and put time into to get anything out of.

Completely disagree mate. We're in the minority on here.

I know loads of people that play FUT casually that have no idea about half of the features.

Who do you think fills all the lower divisions?

This. I have some people in my office who play fut casually. When I mentioned I played, I was asked to show my team. When we compared, they were as shocked at my team as I was at theirs... Gold rares, winter wildcards, a couple of rulebreakers. The folk on this forum are a subset of a subset, basically.
  • RedPlanet1986
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special

As others have said, this is completely wrong. We're in a tiny minority.
  • ILevis
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero

The FIFA reddit has 600k unique visitors. PERIOD. Since it was created 13 years ago. And it is by far the biggest forum/social-media-platform regarding FIFA.

FIFA sells 10 million copies of the game yearly. Suggesting that 99% of FUT players read online forums couldnt be further from the truth.
  • Ballerson
    1553 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kinda a bizarre fishing exercise…
  • Moxon

As others have said, this is completely wrong. We're in a tiny minority.

Prove it.
  • Moxon
    edited June 26

I know loads of people that play FUT casually that have no idea about half of the features.

Why would anyone play fut casually?, they will all have cards that are behind the curve and never win games so what is the point?

FUT uses the games as service model, games as service require players to play every day consistently or there is no point. That’s why people who play FUT, or Destiny, or MMO’s don’t really play many other games, because there is no time to play anything else.
  • Moxon
    ILevis wrote: »

The FIFA reddit has 600k unique visitors. PERIOD. Since it was created 13 years ago. And it is by far the biggest forum/social-media-platform regarding FIFA.

FIFA sells 10 million copies of the game yearly. Suggesting that 99% of FUT players read online forums couldnt be further from the truth.

I don’t think you realise how many people use the internet if you think 10 million is a lot.
  • Fifapayne

Why would anyone play fut casually?, they will all have cards that are behind the curve and never win games so what is the point?

FUT uses the games as service model, games as service require players to play every day consistently or there is no point. That’s why people who play FUT, or Destiny, or MMO’s don’t really play many other games, because there is no time to play anything else.

I have about 10 people I know locally that play Fut
    Have no idea about the forums…and just play for fun.
  • Fifapayne
    edited June 26

I don’t think you realise how many people use the internet if you think 10 million is a lot.

You said prove it..you can’t prove anything you’ve said.

He said 600K unique visitors to the biggest fifa “forum” in 13 years,

that’s less than 1 percent per year….?
    So, in fact the opposite of what you’ve claimed.
  • Moxon
    Fifapayne wrote: »

If nothing can be proven then why are you arguing about it?
  • Moxon

Ahh the old “I know know 15 people who you’ve never met and I have no proof that they exist so you just have to believe me” argument eh?
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional

Same here. I'm the only one out of my mates that has really committed to it this year. The others just dip in and out and play the occasional co-op game with me.
  • Fifapayne

You can’t prove your point.
    He proved his point.

Ahh the old “I know know 15 people who you’ve never met and I have no proof that they exist so you just have to believe me” argument eh?

I don’t care if you don’t believe me lol.
    It’s my buddies.

Just man up and say you’re wrong lmao
  • ILevis
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero

Tell me then, which forums are the other 9.4 million fifa players using when the biggest one only has 600 thousand?
  • radhoyl
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    Kids that play casually with gold teams can beat badly my 93 team. This is not chess to learn 100 openings and 1000 ending positions.

Anybody young can learn the mechanics in couple of hours and go straight to div. 2
  • Moxon
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

It's nonsense like this that got your alt account banned.
    Only in this toxic community would asking a simple question be considered nonesense. No wonder the rest of the gaming world hates fifa players.
This discussion has been closed.