Headers

Rickmord
788 posts Semi-Pro
Seriously who decides headers are needed for an objective. They are the most inconsistent shooting mechanism in the entire game

Comments

• greif44x2
    1883 posts Play-Off Hero
    They're not difficult to score if you use the right players and know the mechanics that are quite simple.
  • JohnShelby
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Most annoying is when you make a perfect cross press shot and he decides to wait the ball to fall and smash a volley in 😂

Luckily i Did 3 headers in 5 games for Emerson, 2 were after Corner
  • spy
    2761 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t find headers that difficult but as others have said too often the player will volley it when a header would be more sensible.
  • RayS
    37151 posts World Cup Winner
    Wout Weghorst
  • Markman007
    4834 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 26
    Rickmord wrote: »
    Seriously who decides headers are needed for an objective. They are the most inconsistent shooting mechanism in the entire game

Like others have said, got to use the right players and once you get the hang of it it’s not hard. For a start try tall and strong players in the box, preferably 6’2” or taller with power header trait.
  • RichT
    727 posts Semi-Pro

Easiest way is get it the the goal Line, a few feet away from the post and lob it up over GK, slightly away from the goal line. If you have a player close, Most players will bury the header from there.

Remember to aim at goal or it will go towards the corner flag.
  • RadioShaq
    19966 posts Moderator
    RichT wrote: »

Easiest way is get it the the goal Line, a few feet away from the post and lob it up over GK, slightly away from the goal line. If you have a player close, Most players will bury the header from there.

Remember to aim at goal or it will go towards the corner flag.

This is probably the best advice also you might have to use the lob cross.

I feel like if you cross from far away they will usually volley. If you are close it makes more sense to pass for the cutback and why it’s easier not to use crossing but it’s needed for the objective. So you are going against how you would normally play.
  • Boysie91
    15187 posts World Class
    RayS wrote: »
    Wout Weghorst

Only way to score headers frequently 🤣
  • aladdin
    3409 posts National Call-Up
    i kept doing mad headers but the keeper was saving them all. absolute nightmare :D
  • Ballerson
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    There needs to be an input dedicated to heading- eas ai is just too dumb to figure out when to volley or head….more we control the game the better, as it is now, letting the ai decide if our shot will he a kick, volley or header is just stupid