Did EA drop the ball with the Shapeshifters promo?

WallStreetGamer
326 posts Sunday League Hero
Changing the strong foot of a player or making defenders ST does not sit right with me. Not interested in the least by these cards.

But if you go down that route why not do it properly…

6”4 Messi with horrible dribbling but 99 standing tackle
5”5 Ibrahimovic with extremely low strength and shooting but 99 agility and pace
Alisson as ST
Ronald McDonald as LW

Comments

• Sean_1234
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't give them ideas :D
  • FutGuy
    1456 posts Play-Off Hero
    Changing the strong foot of a player or making defenders ST does not sit right with me. Not interested in the least by these cards.

But if you go down that route why not do it properly…

6”4 Messi with horrible dribbling but 99 standing tackle
    5”5 Ibrahimovic with extremely low strength and shooting but 99 agility and pace
    Alisson as ST
    Ronald McDonald as LW

Well that would require a code change at ea to release players with adjusted height weight etc….as ea can’t even put the right players in packs I can imagine them releasing a 9”4 tall messi by mistake 😅
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with some points. Just hate seeing players like Davies at ST. It is just ridiculous at this point, with Promos that we can’t even enjoy.
  • Bobo23
    4811 posts National Call-Up
    I don't really care about the position changes, as everyone has been using fullbacks in midfield etc all year long.

But changing a players strong foot is just stupid imo. Nothing like going on a mazy run with Hazard, reminiscent of some of his Chelsea goals..... but oh wait he can't finish the chance as he's now left footed :D

The strong foot is the only thing that should never be changed, it's stupid imo!
  • GeorgeGervin
    3272 posts National Call-Up
    GitGood wrote: »
    Agree with some points. Just hate seeing players like Davies at ST. It is just ridiculous at this point, with Promos that we can’t even enjoy.

He’s one of the least weird position changes as he plays in attack for Canada.
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect

Is it?..maybe you’re right cause I’ve never watched Canada play.
  • Hoopsterz
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    I full get the RB/LB's to CB's and CDM's to defenders etc.. but it doesn't sit right with me as well having CB's playing ST better than some actual ST cards do..
  • LahmChops
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite

Is it?..maybe you’re right cause I’ve never watched Canada play.

You should. They are exciting.
  • JohnShelby
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just seen Ramos ST
  • aladdin
    3404 posts National Call-Up
    i’m convinced they’re not even in packs :'(
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1090 posts Professional
    I'm done with online play this fifa now, it's just too much of a mess.
  • Zaius
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    ShapeShifters is ridiculous Fortnite Style gaming. What they should do is move players to positions they have actually played in games and not change their Weak Foot etc ... make it more realistic but EA don't care about reality. Atal every year is a superstar according to them... gameplay is completely fake... etc etc etc
  • Bob_Bobson
    3213 posts National Call-Up
    This promo has been utter plop.