Let’s see those Past and Present teams!

Nickthegreek20
2706 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 21
So to bring a bit of fun back to the game I decided to make an Arsenal PnP. They’ve actually been very kind to us this year and we have some very good players on the game for once. Only weakness I can see is Tomiyasu, so hopefully they release a juiced Gabriel or Ben White soon.

Let’s see yours!

h1fcsj66nc46.jpeg

Comments

• Nickthegreek20
    gbhcxhmdf28o.jpg

Serie A legends.

Got Baresi, Nedved, Nesta, Vieri, Zola, Stoichkov and others I can rotate in too.

I've had more fun using this squad than any other. Using your childhood heroes just hits different than going with the meta crap.

Nice team mate! I deffo agree that it’s gonna be fun using this team. Maybe even take it into WL as well this weekend (with my full meta team as back up if it goes horribly wrong 😂).

Also @BadSeedsFC i reckon you’ll like my effort up top…
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

Could really do with a right back 😂

Beckham with his H/H might make a good RWB?
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    The current Inter Milan Past & Present I'm running, but it's had several iterations (and might even go into another soon):

izlpbakxezih.png
  • GazW09041980
    1118 posts Professional
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

Oh I agree but would prefer a proper full back so I can play 4 back and get an extra attacker in there
  • Nickthegreek20
    Gave it a run out in Rivals. Last checkpoint in Div 1. I could feel the sweat pouring through the screen from my opponent. Ball roll scoop elastico fest. Win 4-3 😂 felt so satisfying scoring the winner with Martinelli!
  • Diem
    1035 posts Professional
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

Or swap Telles for Rashford or Giggs and start 352?
  • GazW09041980
    1118 posts Professional
    Diem wrote: »
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

I have done this but I prefer a 4 man defence this year, Bastian is ok but just lacks pace with all the 99 pace wingers about
  • BadSeedsFC
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 21
    So to bring a bit of fun back to the game I decided to make an Arsenal PnP. They’ve actually been very kind to us this year and we have some very good players on the game for once. Only weakness I can see is Tomiyasu, so hopefully they release a juiced Gabriel or Ben White soon.

Let’s see yours!

h1fcsj66nc46.jpeg

Beautiful, mate! That's my kind of team.

We definitely need a juiced up Gabriel or White. Been waiting all year for one of those.

I still use RB Tomi here and there. I have collected almost all Arsenal P&P cards (minus Pires, Smith Rowe and Guendouzi), and I have been rotating the starting 11 for fun. But definitely both versions of Tomi are way behind the curve now. Although that 5 star weak foot and high defensive work rate certainly helps a lot.

Laca is something else, right?

And how is working Petit for you as a CB? I change to a 3 center backs formation sometimes, but put Vieira there and use Petit in midfield.
  • BadSeedsFC
    edited June 21
    Also, I don't have Pepe. Can't be bothered with those objectives. 🥴

Is he worth it?

PIM Sol is a tank. He could work for you instead of Tomi. If you can deal with his disastrous passes, and are used to defend manually, he could be a rock.

@Nickthegreek20
  • Nickthegreek20
    edited June 21
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »

Let’s see yours!

h1fcsj66nc46.jpeg

We definitely need a juiced up Gabriel or White. Been waiting all year for one of those.

I still use RB Tomi here and there. I have collected almost all Arsenal P&P cards (minus Pires, Smith Rowe and Guendouzi), and I have been rotating the starting 11 for fun. But definitely both versions of Tomi are way behind the curve now. Although that 5 star weak foot and high defensive work rate certainly helps a lot.

And how is working Petit for you as a CB? I change to a 3 center backs formation sometimes, but put Vieira there and use Petit in midfield.

Cheers mate. I’m actually pleasantly surprised by Tomiyasu if I’m honest, quicker than stats suggest and wins every tackle! Never got on with big Sol sadly.

Petit and Vieira switch in game, as do Pepe and Martinelli. Stand outs so far are Odegaard, Laca and Saka. Saka is an amazing RM in a 352.

Pepe is good tbf. Deffo worth unlocking. Scored a 25 yard free kick earlier.

I’d highly recommended Guendouzi btw. Bosses the midfield.

The teams holding its own as well. Won 2 lost 2 at the top of Div 1.
  • BadSeedsFC
    edited June 21

Let’s see yours!

h1fcsj66nc46.jpeg

Cheers mate. I’m actually pleasantly surprised by Tomiyasu if I’m honest, quicker than stats suggest and wins every tackle! Never got on with big Sol sadly.

Petit and Vieira switch in game, as do Pepe and Martinelli. Stand outs so far are Odegaard, Laca and Saka. Saka is an amazing RM in a 352.

Pepe is good tbf. Deffo worth unlocking. Scored a 25 yard free kick earlier.

I’d highly recommended Guendouzi btw. Bosses the midfield.

The teams holding its own as well. Won 2 lost 2 at the top of Div 1.

I definitely have to try that Guendo. His winter version was class for me for a while.

Here are some combinations that I'm running. I always start with a 4 1 2 1 2, but also have a 5 2 1 2 and a 4 4 2 in the custom tactics I'm case I need to change the approach of the match.

Screenshot-2022-06-21-20-39-54-541.jpg

Screenshot-2022-06-21-20-41-58-033.jpg

Screenshot-2022-06-21-20-44-05-264.jpg

Here are other cards of the collection:

Screenshot-2022-06-21-20-46-25-011.jpg

Screenshot-2022-06-21-20-46-16-498.jpg

I also have Welbz and Vela. But I haven't been using them lately.

I'm yet to find a combo to fit the new Auba in the starting 11. And it would be nice to get a team with Ramsey and Ozil on 10. But those nations and leagues are hard to link for me. There must be a way, but haven't find it yet.

I will think about unlocking Pepe. But I don't know if I will have the patience. 😄

Saka is class. I use him mostly as an attacking RB on 7, with join the attack instructions. He ends burned out by the 75 minutes mark, but that card is fun. He also comes in as an attacking CM sometimes.
  • Nickthegreek20
    edited June 21
    That’s amazing. You really have got them all!

Forgot about Ljunberg tbf! How is he compared to Martinelli?

And Bergkamp too! How’s he?
  • BadSeedsFC
    edited June 21
    Freddie is awesome. Martinelli is more meta with regards the movement of the player, but Ljunberg's 5 * weak foot is a plus. You should try him out.

Bergkamp is always in my teams. He's my favorite player in real life, so it's a must for me. Laca has been more effective in the last matches, but the Iceman always comes back to the starting 11 sooner or later. The 5* weak foot is a great addition. He's perfect for a slow build up play. Having the ball and finding the right pass. Or coming in the second line and shooting. The engine is perfect to boot his movements.

I'm waiting for that special Gabriel or White. But if they are not released, I'm getting Guendo, Pires and ESR, and closing the squad. Got to catch them all. 😄
  • Nickthegreek20
    Freddie is awesome. Martinelli is more meta with regards the movement of the player, but Ljunberg's 5 * weak foot is a plus. You should try him out.

Bergkamp is always in my teams. He's my favorite player in real life, so it's a must for me. Laca has been more effective in the last matches, but the Iceman always comes back to the starting 11 sooner or later. The 5* weak foot is a great addition. He's perfect for a slow build up play. Having the ball and finding the right pass. Or coming in the second line and shooting. The engine is perfect to boot his movements.

I'm waiting for that special Gabriel or White. But if they are not released, I'm getting Guendo, Pires and ESR, and closing the squad. Got to catch them all. 😄

I’ll deffo give Freddie a go. Looks like a crazy striker. Maybe Dennis too.

Biggest disappointment for me was Henry. They did him so dirty. He turns like a truck and looks fat in game. Plays the opposite of Thierry who glided round the pitch.
  • Diem
    1035 posts Professional
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

I have done this but I prefer a 4 man defence this year, Bastian is ok but just lacks pace with all the 99 pace wingers about

I take it you skipped the Darmian Showdown SBC?
  • BadSeedsFC
    SJR440 wrote: »
    Sorry for a double post of sorts, but I made quite a big update to my Inter Past and Present that I thought would be cool to share if that's ok? :smile:

After reflecting on my frustrations and general resentment towards the gameplay and majority of the community yesterday, I decided to try and indulge myself into some 'real football' and started watching various highlights and goals scored by some incredible teams over the years - Arsenal Invincibles, Man Utd 99 etc etc.

Of course, having Inter as my second team, I decided to then go and watch the highlights of their famous 09-10 Treble season which lit a bit of a fire in me in terms of what I've been doing with my Inter Past and Present.

I felt so inspired by the likes of Diego Milto, Eto'o, Sneijder and just the way they worked together in order to hit teams quickly on the counter to create so many chances and score such a variety of goals.

Visualising how I might perhaps be able to replicate this in FIFA, I scoured YouTube in the hope of finding some authentic Inter Milan 09-10 tactics that I could apply to my current Inter Milan Past and Present squad.

Unfortunately, there was nothing for this year's iteration so, attempting to fit a square peg into a circle hole, I decided to watch the only video result that appeared that I felt I might be able to trust - a video from FIFA 20 by Broma18 (who I have mentioned before puts together the most fantastic videos full of tactical insight).

Here is that video:

Of course, FIFA 20 didn't use some of the tactics sliders we have in this years game so I had to improvise a little bit and also, many of the names that featured in that 09-10 aren't actually in the game itself (other than Milito, Eto'o, Ronaldo, Zanetti etc)

So my solution was to try to recreate that Treble winning team using only Inter Past & Present players to the best of my ability and, without having tried it yet, I think I've done a pretty decent job bar a few unfortunate omissions.

Here is what I came up with and a quick breakdown of each role:

t6g9mo9h2vm7.png

GK - Julio Cesar unfortunately isn't in the game (Hero or Icon next year maybe) so I went with Handanovic, self explanatory really.

LB - Zanetti who is the first player I'm delighted to be able to have in the squad that was in the Treble winning team.

CBs - Lucio and Walter Samuel aren't on the game (Lucio confirmed for a Hero card next year though!) so I've gone with Blanc and Skriniar as they are fairly similar in stature and I would say close to like-for-like replacements.

RB - Maicon is once again, not on the game (really EA?) so I've opted for another attacking fullback in Joao Cancelo who had a breif stint at Inter on loan but I think looks to possess some of the threatening potency in down that right hand flank as Maicon did.

RCDM - Cambiasso, you guessed it, isn't in the game so I've gone with Vieira who possesses that all-rounder type of approach that Cambiasso often had, along with some defensive solidity when needing to track back.

LCDM - Motta and/or Stankovic (you know by now).. so I'm trying out TOTS Brozovic in that role as I think his TOTS card does have the necessary stats to be able to take up that Box-to-Box, slightly more attacking responsibility.

RM - Eto'o IS on the game and would JUST be affordable enough for me to pick up his PIM (albeit he would have to play off chem) so for now, I've gone with Figo who only just missed out on actually featuring in the 09-10 team due to retirement so I'm rewriting a little bit of history so to speak with this pick. Eto'o may still work his way in though.

LM - Now this was a weird position as Mourinho actually once played Chivu here (a wingback) but for the majority of the 09-10 season, he swapped Pandev from a striker role to actually play out on the left wing so to speak. Pandev is on the game and did have a Winter Wildcards card (an SBC I unfortunately didn't complete) so I've gone with Perisic who does provide a bit of both attacking and defensive ability with his FUT Fantasy card (I nearly omitted him due to his recent move to Spurs that I'm not bitter about at all but I digress)

CAM - Sneijder (I'll get fed up of saying this eventually) is NOT on the game and was maybe the toughest of all the roles to try and replace due to his phenomenal, underrated ability in that center attacking midfield role. At first, I had Eriksen in mind for this position but instead (again, perhaps temporarily), I've opted for TOTS Calhanoglu who isn't quite as technically gifted as Sneijder was but does have that attacking threat when thrust forward.

ST - Milito. Need I say more? The man was an absolute goal MACHINE for Inter in the 09-10 season so I had to try and squeeze in his FUT Captains card somehow! Obviously if I had an unlimited budget, I'd actually love to have had R9 here but I'm more than happy to have Milito steering the attacks. Coincidently, FUT Captains Milito is my favourite Target Man esque striker I've used this year, so a happy coincidence I can feature him here you might say.

Bench - No major surprises here, just a few options to rotate if needs be:

Lautaro, Livaja, Caprari, Quaresma, Pirlo, Cannavaro and Vidic.

And so really, other than the two possible changes I mentioned before, there it is - my Inter Past & Present team and something I can use in Rivals/Friendlies etc when I feel in the mood to play some Ultimate Team.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do next year yet, but I must admit, putting together this team over the past few months has really given me more of an incentive to play so it's definitely in the back of my mind that I might try a project like this from the start (around a Target Man or two of course).

Mate, that team is something else. Beautiful stuff. Feel free to post it in the other past and present thread too, please. Game on!
  • GazW09041980
    1118 posts Professional
    Here you go

4r8as4us4g6d.jpg

I take it you skipped the Darmian Showdown SBC?

Yes hadn't even begun to think about making a united team then
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    Sorry for a double post of sorts, but I made quite a big update to my Inter Past and Present that I thought would be cool to share if that's ok? :smile:

After reflecting on my frustrations and general resentment towards the gameplay and majority of the community yesterday, I decided to try and indulge myself into some 'real football' and started watching various highlights and goals scored by some incredible teams over the years - Arsenal Invincibles, Man Utd 99 etc etc.

Of course, having Inter as my second team, I decided to then go and watch the highlights of their famous 09-10 Treble season which lit a bit of a fire in me in terms of what I've been doing with my Inter Past and Present.

I felt so inspired by the likes of Diego Milto, Eto'o, Sneijder and just the way they worked together in order to hit teams quickly on the counter to create so many chances and score such a variety of goals.

Visualising how I might perhaps be able to replicate this in FIFA, I scoured YouTube in the hope of finding some authentic Inter Milan 09-10 tactics that I could apply to my current Inter Milan Past and Present squad.

Unfortunately, there was nothing for this year's iteration so, attempting to fit a square peg into a circle hole, I decided to watch the only video result that appeared that I felt I might be able to trust - a video from FIFA 20 by Broma18 (who I have mentioned before puts together the most fantastic videos full of tactical insight).

Here is that video:

Of course, FIFA 20 didn't use some of the tactics sliders we have in this years game so I had to improvise a little bit and also, many of the names that featured in that 09-10 aren't actually in the game itself (other than Milito, Eto'o, Ronaldo, Zanetti etc)

So my solution was to try to recreate that Treble winning team using only Inter Past & Present players to the best of my ability and, without having tried it yet, I think I've done a pretty decent job bar a few unfortunate omissions.

t6g9mo9h2vm7.png

GK - Julio Cesar unfortunately isn't in the game (Hero or Icon next year maybe) so I went with Handanovic, self explanatory really.

LB - Zanetti who is the first player I'm delighted to be able to have in the squad that was in the Treble winning team.

CBs - Lucio and Walter Samuel aren't on the game (Lucio confirmed for a Hero card next year though!) so I've gone with Blanc and Skriniar as they are fairly similar in stature and I would say close to like-for-like replacements.

RB - Maicon is once again, not on the game (really EA?) so I've opted for another attacking fullback in Joao Cancelo who had a breif stint at Inter on loan but I think looks to possess some of the threatening potency in down that right hand flank as Maicon did.

RCDM - Cambiasso, you guessed it, isn't in the game so I've gone with Vieira who possesses that all-rounder type of approach that Cambiasso often had, along with some defensive solidity when needing to track back.

LCDM - Motta and/or Stankovic (you know by now).. so I'm trying out TOTS Brozovic in that role as I think his TOTS card does have the necessary stats to be able to take up that Box-to-Box, slightly more attacking responsibility.

RM - Eto'o IS on the game and would JUST be affordable enough for me to pick up his PIM (albeit he would have to play off chem) so for now, I've gone with Figo who only just missed out on actually featuring in the 09-10 team due to retirement so I'm rewriting a little bit of history so to speak with this pick. Eto'o may still work his way in though.

LM - Now this was a weird position as Mourinho actually once played Chivu here (a wingback) but for the majority of the 09-10 season, he swapped Pandev from a striker role to actually play out on the left wing so to speak. Pandev is on the game and did have a Winter Wildcards card (an SBC I unfortunately didn't complete) so I've gone with Perisic who does provide a bit of both attacking and defensive ability with his FUT Fantasy card (I nearly omitted him due to his recent move to Spurs that I'm not bitter about at all but I digress)

CAM - Sneijder (I'll get fed up of saying this eventually) is NOT on the game and was maybe the toughest of all the roles to try and replace due to his phenomenal, underrated ability in that center attacking midfield role. At first, I had Eriksen in mind for this position but instead (again, perhaps temporarily), I've opted for TOTS Calhanoglu who isn't quite as technically gifted as Sneijder was but does have that attacking threat when thrust forward.

ST - Milito. Need I say more? The man was an absolute goal MACHINE for Inter in the 09-10 season so I had to try and squeeze in his FUT Captains card somehow! Obviously if I had an unlimited budget, I'd actually love to have had R9 here but I'm more than happy to have Milito steering the attacks. Coincidently, FUT Captains Milito is my favourite Target Man esque striker I've used this year, so a happy coincidence I can feature him here you might say.

And so really, other than the two possible changes I mentioned before, there it is - my Inter Past & Present team and something I can use in Rivals/Friendlies etc when I feel in the mood to play some Ultimate Team.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do next year yet, but I must admit, putting together this team over the past few months has really given me more of an incentive to play so it's definitely in the back of my mind that I might try a project like this from the start (around a Target Man or two of course).

Mate, that team is something else. Beautiful stuff. Feel free to post it in the other past and present thread too, please. Game on!

Thanks mate! I will do :smile:
  • AULERT
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

Here is that video:

t6g9mo9h2vm7.png

Beautiful!
  • McFandan
    1888 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not used this since before TOTS and could really do with a few upgrades but can’t see us getting anymore Rangers players now.

yctczjsuu9yk.jpeg
  • otutsarTR
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    gbhcxhmdf28o.jpg

Serie A legends.

Got Baresi, Nedved, Nesta, Vieri, Zola, Stoichkov and others I can rotate in too.

I've had more fun using this squad than any other. Using your childhood heroes just hits different than going with the meta crap.

Is that pippo up top ? I was thinking to buy him the other day, just want to try him for fun
  • P1stolpete187
    6530 posts Big Money Move
    ddwbsvad3myc.png
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    otutsarTR wrote: »
    gbhcxhmdf28o.jpg

Serie A legends.

Is that pippo up top ? I was thinking to buy him the other day, just want to try him for fun

It is. One of my favourite players. Obviously he's far from meta, but I get more joy scoring goals with him than anyone else. He's sub 100K now so well worth picking up to try.
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    Watched the Inter 09-10 goals again on my lunch.

cwzggiznp80s.png

There was no way I could not put Eto'o into the team.
  • Incontro
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Surprisingly haven't seen many Liverpool teams. Here's a full present one! With Torres and Gerrard PIMs on the bench.

e2fSsYM.png
  • CH3L0
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    a1fl4m9ws1o7.jpg

My madrid Squad. I got 2.5m coins I can almost taste that Vini tots instead of Hazard.
  • Incontro
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    CH3L0 wrote: »
    My madrid Squad. I got 2.5m coins I can almost taste that Vini tots instead of Hazard.

The most likeable Madrid team in ages, just wish they could stop getting to the CL final.

Kroos deserves a better card. And after Vini, Benzema to replace Isco?