Is FIFA the most toxic game ever created?

Comments

• PlacidCasual77
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    Vaelin wrote: »
    The biggest difference between FIFA and COD @RexAnglo1066 and to the rest is that in Cod I repeat myself all they could do is insult you all game long u can mute him and go do your business. With matchmaking you cant meet a person twice or you wont bother. People drop and go from games. You destroy someone he leaves a new one comes you continue your match interrupted

In Fifa with how Rivals and Champs are setup thanks to EA your opponent can waste your time and annoy you. I do not exaggarate yesterday in Ultimate Cup since I have a good squad I had people leave 4 times at kick off at start . Then probably same thing happened in Rivals twice or three times as soon as I play better. In 20/30 minutes I played barerly 10 in game football minutes

Sure its not a big deal when your opponent leaves but his year it has been very popular option especially when drawing even mid game

I mean, I get what you are driving at - I just don't agree that someone leaving a game half way through is the same level of toxicity as a lobby full of people screaming racist and homophobic slurs at everyone else and sending your recorded messages telling you they are going to kill you.

Having someone shush you is way worse
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    The biggest difference between FIFA and COD @RexAnglo1066 and to the rest is that in Cod I repeat myself all they could do is insult you all game long u can mute him and go do your business. With matchmaking you cant meet a person twice or you wont bother. People drop and go from games. You destroy someone he leaves a new one comes you continue your match interrupted

In Fifa with how Rivals and Champs are setup thanks to EA your opponent can waste your time and annoy you. I do not exaggarate yesterday in Ultimate Cup since I have a good squad I had people leave 4 times at kick off at start . Then probably same thing happened in Rivals twice or three times as soon as I play better. In 20/30 minutes I played barerly 10 in game football minutes

Sure its not a big deal when your opponent leaves but his year it has been very popular option especially when drawing even mid game

I mean, I get what you are driving at - I just don't agree that someone leaving a game half way through is the same level of toxicity as a lobby full of people screaming racist and homophobic slurs at everyone else and sending your recorded messages telling you they are going to kill you.

Having someone shush you is way worse

Oh, without doubt.
    😅
  • Mogga
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Turns sane people into maniacs.

At this very minute I am 3 pausing in the 91st minute after rubber banding the last 20 in game minutes of a match I'm losing because my opponent tried to make me quit.

Insanity
  • Nickthegreek20
    2702 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »

At this very minute I am 3 pausing in the 91st minute after rubber banding the last 20 in game minutes of a match I'm losing because my opponent tried to make me quit.

Insanity

We’ve all been there 😅
  • Andyh60
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 20
    It's now what makes it fun who doesn't admit that, love a bit of "toxicity" but that's what it's all about. Yes of course its probably a bad thing but is what it is. Ok ive been there having got a pen in last min of wl when drawing and they back out but what can I do, have to get over the anger, disappointment, frustration you name it so yes make up for it in my own ways.
  • Vaelin
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mogga wrote: »

Insanity

We’ve all been there 😅

But I dont get this your opponent is winning he is happy you are prolonging your misery by pausing and doing everything. I know you are pissed but its just not logical thing to do.
  • RexAnglo1066
    I've never understood why it upsets people so much if your opponent celebrates in a particular way or decides to play a certain way.

We really shouldn't let this type of thing bother us in the slightest.
  • FootyRob
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've never understood why it upsets people so much if your opponent celebrates in a particular way or decides to play a certain way.

Celebrating every single goal (or any goal for that matter) is childish and soon wears on people. Always makes me shake my head when you see someone with their online ID with a number like 1979 or 1980 in it (which is most likely their year of birth) celebrating an own goal like a World Cup winner.

Celebrating is toxic and we all know that. If an opponent is being really toxic and thrashing me I'll rubber band and I sometimes watch for a bit to see what they do when they score. 99% of the time when they realise you are AFK and they score they suddenly remember how to skip. Anyone over the age of 12 who celebrates is trolling. Look at the goal videos that Orison troll posts - every single one without fail he celebrates.
  • RexAnglo1066
    FootyRob wrote: »

Celebrating every single goal (or any goal for that matter) is childish and soon wears on people. Always makes me shake my head when you see someone with their online ID with a number like 1979 or 1980 in it (which is most likely their year of birth) celebrating an own goal like a World Cup winner.

Celebrating is toxic and we all know that. If an opponent is being really toxic and thrashing me I'll rubber band and I sometimes watch for a bit to see what they do when they score. 99% of the time when they realise you are AFK and they score they suddenly remember how to skip. Anyone over the age of 12 who celebrates is trolling. Look at the goal videos that Orison troll posts - every single one without fail he celebrates.

No, it's toxic to you, not everyone - and is because you are obviously very easily upset.

The adults just ignore it or don't let it bother them.

Anyone over the age of 18 who let's an in game celebration bother them won't cope very well in the real world.

Perspective is important.

• FootyRob
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 21

No, it's toxic to you, not everyone - and is because you are obviously very easily upset.

Anyone over the age of 18 who let's an in game celebration bother them won't cope very well in the real world.

I thought I recognised your username - you are the xenophobic muppet that got the Maradona thread shut down on Sunday by making comment about the Falklands War. It's nice of you to take a break from the National Front message boards to post on here. Aye!
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you don’t spend money like me just stick to what you’re given. But gameplay is not acceptable, you can’t have a game with one sided connection it brings more toxicity. We are all guilty of raging on this game.
  • RogLeBell
    472 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have been gamer for 20 years probably more since I am 34 now., So I guess 24 years to be precise and I cant find a game similar to the level of human waste that occupy this game

I have played Diablo 3, world of warcraft all kinds of battlefields and have made tons of casuals friends . When I have been kicking ❤️❤️❤️❤️ people would add you to play with you later and become friends but oh my god in FIFA..

The only way someone to add is you so he cant sent 10 abusive msgs win/lose or draw. I just end up getting toxic also

Yesterday ultimate cup someone finessed two goals from far far and he started running to mid pitch sending hearts and shushing me.. 2;2 then I do two stupid mistakes 4:2 and again shushing and all kind of garbage pausing to quit. I put constant pressure 4:4 and quit straight away. My players were dead I did not win but it felt like a win then I felt embarassed by my actions :smile:

We need people to get wins when you quit 0:0 its the only thing to save FIFa next year. This year with the 1 point for losses and no drawbacks to actually losing its getting ridicilous . I bought Atal and statstics say I have 25 games with him.From those 25 games probably 7/8 quit at 0:0 another 10 at 1:0

I hope we get old system back for Fut Champs and seasons

Imagine being 34 and typing something like this on a forum 🙈

“Most toxic game ever created”

No wonder there is no positivity on here

You’re literally the target market for this post. One of the biggest weapons on this forum.
  • RexAnglo1066

I thought I recognised your username - you are the xenophobic muppet that got the Maradona thread shut down on Sunday by making comment about the Falklands War. It's nice of you to take a break from the National Front message boards to post on here. Aye!

lol...like I said, very emotional.

P.S you played yourself
  • VARD67876
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes it is, I'm old too and been playing online games since the 1990s,

Every online game has dumb-dumbs that's a given. The general chat, mouth breather messaging will never bother me.

The difference is the actual game itself, most games if there's a part of the game mechanics that encourages toxic play other games try to patch it out FIFA it seem to be rewarded and encouraged.

I've gone from a div1/2 player then when wk league came it to getting 18 wins when I could be bothered to not even buying the game last year and this year probably playing 50 online games it really isn't worth it a just played the bits of the game I felt were worth it
  • RexAnglo1066
    edited June 21
    VARD67876 wrote: »
    Yes it is, I'm old too and been playing online games since the 1990s,

Every online game has dumb-dumbs that's a given. The general chat, mouth breather messaging will never bother me.

The difference is the actual game itself, most games if there's a part of the game mechanics that encourages toxic play other games try to patch it out FIFA it seem to be rewarded and encouraged.

I've gone from a div1/2 player then when wk league came it to getting 18 wins when I could be bothered to not even buying the game last year and this year probably playing 50 online games it really isn't worth it a just played the bits of the game I felt were worth it

What exactly do you find toxic?

You say gameplay mechanics, and I get what you mean about them being frustrating or incoherent...but toxic?
    I think when most people are thinking about toxicity in gaming it's more about the interactions with other people and not the gameplay per se.
    Lots of people will play Fifa and would be confused if they heard others thought the gameplay was toxic...which is fine, not everyone feels the same.

But, there would be differing opinions about its importance.

By contrast, the majority of people would probably consider expletive laden insults coming from other people over an open lobby microphone more of an issue.
    (and I'm only talking specifically about that kind of environment as I mentioned earlier).

Whether, it's just a unfortunate shrug, or a bemused indifference, or genuine disgust, you'd expect more of a reaction from most people than you would regarding gameplay mechanics that many will just assume is an intentional design choice by the developers.

I hope I'm making sense...sort of?

• VARD67876
    It would end up being a 15 page essay... honestly to you find the game "fun" do you think the game designers are out to fix mechanics both in game and in the menus for pure enjoyment ?

Or is every little thing designed to try to encourage you to buy packs And the race to the "best" players and "best" rewards encourages try-hard WAAC behaviour ?
  • RexAnglo1066
    It would end up being a 15 page essay... honestly to you find the game "fun" do you think the game designers are out to fix mechanics both in game and in the menus for pure enjoyment ?

Or is every little thing designed to try to encourage you to buy packs And the race to the "best" players and "best" rewards encourages try-hard WAAC behaviour ?

Oh, I agree that the primary motivation is finding ways to open your wallet.

That's why you get that strange feeling that your players suddenly stop performing.

You know, you pack/buy a card that, based on his stats, should be ridiculous and for a few games they usually are.

Then, suddenly, that 96 rated top tier card that sells for 3 million coins starts missing everything and gets bullied off the ball all the time...and you sell them or throw them into an SBC.

I mean, if every card performed to the expected level then nobody would ever need anyone else and the market would stagnate.

Anyway, I still don't think that qualifies - at least not in the context we were discussing.

It was about the playerbase being THE most toxic and the disagreement around that particular issue.
  • Hoopsterz
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    For me the answer is yes..

Toxic chat has always existed (was called banter back in my day but whatever) the issue for me is it just got worse.. Back in MW2 lobbies you would get abuse but it would be imaginative and not just some 5 year old telling me to go KMS and ❤️❤️❤️❤️..

Children were also a lot politer in general 20 years ago.. Children these days are little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and have more power than adults.

Also halo/CoD the toxic traits would end at the lobby - People wanted to prove skills playing fair and not now where everyone is just basically a carbon copy of each other.

I do think Youtube is a big cause of this. You would have to work out what worked for you originally and now people just youtube best tactics or best gun loadout and then stick with what this youtuber tells them to do.
  • VARD67876

That's why you get that strange feeling that your players suddenly stop performing.

You know, you pack/buy a card that, based on his stats, should be ridiculous and for a few games they usually are.

Then, suddenly, that 96 rated top tier card that sells for 3 million coins starts missing everything and gets bullied off the ball all the time...and you sell them or throw them into an SBC.

I mean, if every card performed to the expected level then nobody would ever need anyone else and the market would stagnate.

Anyway, I still don't think that qualifies - at least not in the context we were discussing.

It was about the playerbase being THE most toxic and the disagreement around that particular issue.

but isn't that the point every game will have a level of toxic player-base that's just life a certain amount of people will be dumb-dumbs especially on line.

part of on-line game design is weeding out the toxic parts to make the game enjoyable to the most people, EA seem to design counter to that with game design that encourages it and the level snowballs to where we are.
  • RexAnglo1066

but isn't that the point every game will have a level of toxic player-base that's just life a certain amount of people will be dumb-dumbs especially on line.

part of on-line game design is weeding out the toxic parts to make the game enjoyable to the most people, EA seem to design counter to that with game design that encourages it and the level snowballs to where we are.

I get what you mean, I just feel like we have a different perspective and we probably won't agree.

But, you do make some good points.
  • ILevis
    1643 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

Also halo/CoD the toxic traits would end at the lobby - People wanted to prove skills playing fair and not now where everyone is just basically a carbon copy of each other.

Oh yes, i remember all the fair MW2 lobbies, where 90% of people ran on of the following
    • One man army, danger close, noobtube
    • Glitched akimbo shotguns that could literally one hit you across the map
    • Commando pro sitting in the corner of a room knifing everybody in a radius of 5 meters

People were just as toxic back in the day aswell. But people just choose to not remember it as much.

The back-in-the-day-everything-was-better-mentality is strong in the video game world aswell.
  • Cornushon
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    ILevis wrote: »

Oh yes, i remember all the fair MW2 lobbies, where 90% of people ran on of the following
    • Commando pro sitting in the corner of a room knifing everybody in a radius of 5 meters

People were just as toxic back in the day aswell. But people just choose to not remember it as much.

The back-in-the-day-everything-was-better-mentality is strong in the video game world aswell.

Sadly nostalgia is dangerous when exploited too. Look at poor Russian people brainwashed into desire to bring back USSR... Same people who brought it down 30+ years ago ..
  • radhoyl
    3977 posts National Call-Up

Bye Rex
  • Vaelin
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special

It’s YouTube’s fault . If we did not have evry other YouTube to promote all abuses in the game nobody would know them. Now the minute something is found out and u get tutorial
  • Hoopsterz
    3365 posts National Call-Up

Got to say i disagree - For me atleast my major toxic experience with MW2 was UMP45..

The rest where all few and far between whereas fifa is virtually every game..

• Hades
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    I think the biggest issue is simply the playerbase. EA optimizes FUT for creating revenue. If encouraging exploiting ingame behaviour would lead to pack sales dwindling, they'd patch that stuff out in a heartbeat.

Yet, it's the complete opposite. All those exploits and easy ways for a cheap shot lead to an overall increase in time spent ingame and reveneu increase. EA fares well by it, and therefor that stuff will never be patched out.