Seasons Overhaul

William-H-Bonni
76 posts Park Captain
Dont know about anyone else but to me its time seasons mode got a major major refresh. This has been the most neglected game mode for years...... and in 21 and 2022 it should have just been called PSG mode.

For me its just become stagnated and boring and i'm interested in what people would want to see?

Some major tweaks i'd like to see include.

* Teams should be more evenly balanced to allow actual skill of the player to be a factor.

* Restrict the number of tricks a player can perform in 90 minutes (none of the trick after trick after Mbappe / Neymar / Messi joke that you see currently) and these should be less powerful and far easier to defend against just like in real life. If people want arcade nonsense they should be playing UT or the Volta joke mode.

* Only playing the same team once in any 10 game season.

* If you use the same team multiple bookings / red cards you pick up should carry suspensions

* Cups should be restricted properly based on division ... eg D1 players could not enter a D10 cup but lower division players could qualify for higher division cups via qualifying rounds or winning a lower ranked cup and you would have to stick with the same team picked so suspensions would come into play.

* Match making should be based more on the players record so similarly skilled players face off more often than the current farce match making.

Any one else got anything they would really like to see ?

Comments

  • I want to be able to use stoke even if it’s against someone that’s too scared to use a real team they support and go PSG every game. I want to be able to use smaller sides like a brave man that I am even if I lose. Who cares about the star ratings who the hell made it so you had to pick same teams. Just match up with a random player and pick the teams you want like FIFA did before it went crap
  • > @William-H-Bonni said:
    > Dont know about anyone else but to me its time seasons mode got a major major refresh. This has been the most neglected game mode for years...... and in 21 and 2022 it should have just been called PSG mode.
    >
    > For me its just become stagnated and boring and i'm interested in what people would want to see?
    >
    > Some major tweaks i'd like to see include.
    >
    > * Teams should be more evenly balanced to allow actual skill of the player to be a factor.
    >
    > * Restrict the number of tricks a player can perform in 90 minutes (none of the trick after trick after Mbappe / Neymar / Messi joke that you see currently) and these should be less powerful and far easier to defend against just like in real life. If people want arcade nonsense they should be playing UT or the Volta joke mode.
    >
    > * Only playing the same team once in any 10 game season.
    >
    > * If you use the same team multiple bookings / red cards you pick up should carry suspensions
    >
    > * Cups should be restricted properly based on division ... eg D1 players could not enter a D10 cup but lower division players could qualify for higher division cups via qualifying rounds or winning a lower ranked cup and you would have to stick with the same team picked so suspensions would come into play.
    >
    > * Match making should be based more on the players record so similarly skilled players face off more often than the current farce match making.
    >
    > Any one else got anything they would really like to see ?

    I would like to see them bring back match lobbies where you can play friendlies and it not impact your record or ranked points. At the moment you can only play online friendlies with console friends so you can be quite restrictive.
  • I want to be able to use stoke even if it’s against someone that’s too scared to use a real team they support and go PSG every game. I want to be able to use smaller sides like a brave man that I am even if I lose. Who cares about the star ratings who the hell made it so you had to pick same teams. Just match up with a random player and pick the teams you want like FIFA did before it went crap

    If they made it so all the same star teams were equal and all had the same player stats so at least player skill came into account I would be happy with that as a start. There are a lot of good players out there but there are more morons who just use PSG due to them being massively OP.
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think we are even lucky to still have seasons tbh.
    Im really surprised EA haven't deleted it to try force more people onto FUT.

    The matchmaking still being open on PS5 is a joke,
    Years back there was an option were every team had the same ratings so I could go Celtic, match Liverpool and the teams would be even.
    Bringing this back would be a good option.

    I choose 3 stats.
    Game will try find 3 star opponent, if none found my 3 star teams stats will match my opponents stats.
    Also the cups need to change, they have had the rights for Europa league and champions leage for years now and they have done absolutely nothing with it, easily implemented into seasons in some way.
  • blue166
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 4
    I would never buy this game again if Seasons was ditched. That would be the final straw for me.

    I'd hope you guys would do the same.

    I prefer stock teams any day over fantasy.
  • EA,fifa 22 is ❤️❤️❤️❤️...nonsense,u guys must be morons to do such game. Its a complete disaster,❤️❤️❤️❤️ IT👎
  • HaniUNC
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited May 31
    I wish they would allow co-op seasons to have cups as well. I don't understand why that isn't an option. Also, speaking of cups, they used to open up every evening. Now, it's once every 2 weeks. That is ridiculous. There are enough players out there to have it more frequently.
  • redum
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Season gamemode is dead on PC. I don't know why I cannot open a new topic so I'll post here. On PC if you alt-tab the game and wait 10 second the connection will be lost and the game won't count. So now everytime someone loses they just do that. Absolutely unplayable.
  • WallStreetGamer
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    Co-op Seasons is the most fun game mode. I will leave FUT and only play Seasons after the summer. If EA ditch seasons then I will keep playing FIFA22 and not buy the new title.

    My idea for a refresh is that your starting 11 and subs should have a max total OVR rating. That way you cant choose all the star players in PSG and teams will be more even. (If you have played Managerial Masterpiece in FUT you get the idea.)
  • KVninja
    8 posts Ball Boy
    My idea.

    This game mode needs balance. However, one option could be to add more super OP teams. Like the Adidas team and the legend team. With 25 really good players to choose from. All sorts of teams. Premiere League all stars. Serie A all star. Manchester United all stars. Spain all stars. Best of the world right now. Best of the 90s. This way people can design whatever team and style they desire.

    Other improvements could be ranking points instead of league. And a Lobby with small tournaments 3-6 games. Almost like a poker Lobby of sit and go tournaments.

    Tournaments could be small Champions League or classic World Cups.
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    KVninja wrote: »
    My idea.

    This game mode needs balance. However, one option could be to add more super OP teams. Like the Adidas team and the legend team. With 25 really good players to choose from. All sorts of teams. Premiere League all stars. Serie A all star. Manchester United all stars. Spain all stars. Best of the world right now. Best of the 90s. This way people can design whatever team and style they desire.

    Other improvements could be ranking points instead of league. And a Lobby with small tournaments 3-6 games. Almost like a poker Lobby of sit and go tournaments.

    Tournaments could be small Champions League or classic World Cups.

    Literally no point in making stronger teams when 99% of players on seasons go PSG.

    Something as simple as you cant go the same team more than 2 times in a single season would first be needed.
    Even still people just want to go the teams who have players who are the best to use to abust mechanics.
  • KVninja
    8 posts Ball Boy
    The point in more strong teams is that people wouldn't play PSG. Some would. Some would play Milan from the 90s, Barca from the 00, Man Utd from the 90s, Best of Premier League, Argentina with Diego etc.

    It would be annoying if you had to change team every time. And people would still pick PSG every other game.
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    KVninja wrote: »
    The point in more strong teams is that people wouldn't play PSG. Some would. Some would play Milan from the 90s, Barca from the 00, Man Utd from the 90s, Best of Premier League, Argentina with Diego etc.

    It would be annoying if you had to change team every time. And people would still pick PSG every other game.

    Yeah I get your point but all your doing is making it even harder to find opponents less than 5 stars.

    I like your idea but only with some other features like a certain amount of games you can choose these OP sides.

    We have players who have played 500+ seasons games and used PSG every game, doesn't make you a good player because you can abuse mechanics with OP teams.
    Simple solution.

    5 star sides - 4 games max per season.

  • KVninja
    8 posts Ball Boy
    A solution would be to give exactly the same strength to every team. But keeping their individual playing style. So, Atl. Madrid is as good as PSG. But where PSG have speed and techinique. Atl. Madrid have defense and passion.

    OR, they could make you choose between different layers. Amateur teams. Semi pro. Pro teams, like Tottenham, Fiorentina etc. And legendary teams with PSG, Man. City, Milan 1994, Napoli 1987, Man Utd 99, Barca 2012 etc. You choose your layer and you only get matched with these teams.

    I don't care if someone plays with PSG for 500 matches as long as they are not OP.

    Another option. If you have ranking points. We could have a Classic world cup where you get a random team (you may get to prefer a few teams) and you play 3-7 matches and you receive points after how the expectations where. Winning the 1986 World Cup with Argentina or Germany would not give you as much as Winning with Denmark. And getting knocked out with Argentina? You lose points.
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    We can have as many ideas as we want. EA wont do anything to improve any mode other than UT.
    Sad but true.
  • KVninja
    8 posts Ball Boy
    That is why I am with eFootball (old PES) now.

    Does eFootball have issues? Oh yes. Framerate is not high enough. Not as stabil. Graphics not good enough. Gameplay a little too basic, still.

    But... Running and playing feels like FOOTBALL. It's way more tactical. And it is FUN. You don't care what team you play or if it is real players or not.

    FIFA could focus on fun modes, balance and tactical stuff in seasons and I might be back.

    But what I am hoping for is eFootball to change their game. Passing like earlier PES. Even more tactical elements. And to Get rid of ALL cut scenes. I don't need to ever leave normal view. I don't need celebrating videos of MBappe. I don't need replays. I don't need a special view for corners or goal kicks.

    Keep it simple. Old school style. Give me an option for replay highlights AFTER the game.

    Focus on gameplay, AI, tactics and Fun.

    IF you are fed up with FIFA, go try out Efootball. Expect a sh*tty execution and you'll realize there potential and a level of Fun underneat.

    Did I mentions it is free?
  • MKUltra
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Aside from the fact that the game glitches at every pass/change of possession (not every match), where is the referee? People foul you in all kinds if ways and it doesn't get called. From the not so gentle tug of the shirt to a sliding tackle from the rear that knocks your guy down. Yet when you retaliate you get called. I'm beginning to hate seasons mode.
Sign In or Register to comment.