Moments Bobby Carlos >> Cancelo.

SSL14
1145 posts Professional
RC3 is the best FB on the game. All you Cancelo lovers have no idea how to use him.

70gdkdt03mml.gif

Comments

• SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    ohgtz9i5li8h.gif
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    He only has two star weak foot they said, makes him un-useable ppl said...gjbu9ziq64l4.gif
  • Thedudeabides
    2680 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m sure he’s great and can’t wait to get him myself but no one is using Cancelo at full back or out wide. Nice goal 👌
  • Loco_kniene
    3093 posts National Call-Up
    You know almost no one uses Cancelo at left back right?

Try using Carlos at other positions and you will understand why Cancelo is way clear

(don't get me wrong loved seeing Carlos play in real life and imo they just did icons dirty in fifa)
  • fifarafa
    66 posts Park Captain
    Scoring a goal in Squad Battles with a player doesn't prove he is the best card on his position
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    fifarafa wrote: »
    Scoring a goal in Squad Battles with a player doesn't prove he is the best card on his position

Perhaps you need some specs ya melon. You can see fut champions in the gifs.

But keep preaching those squad battles dude, I'm happy for you.
  • fifarafa
    66 posts Park Captain
    fifarafa wrote: »

Or in fut champions. Irrelevant :)
    Don't get angry, I didn't want to offend you :)
  • Kondziu_gb
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 15
    SSL14 wrote: »
    ohgtz9i5li8h.gif

Heh I have him in my team and I realised that I never shoot with him. Yesterday I tried make runs from deep and shoot at far post 3 times and scored 3 goals. I was like: why tf I did not do it earlier?
  • SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    Took Carlos from swaps myself to put into my Inter Past & Present squad but I don't think I'm getting the most out of him in 3-4-1-2/3-5-2 as the LM really.

What formation/system are you using @SSL14 to get him into these types of positions or are you just manually making the runs yourself?
  • madlion
    3203 posts National Call-Up
    You can finesse it from that position with Cancelo tbh
  • Arsenalman
    3829 posts National Call-Up
    People still using cancelo in midfield with all the new tots midfielders?😳
  • Metalfly
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    Long shots with his left is literally the best aspect of Carlos, just showing highlights of that doesn't mean he's better than Cancelo.

His defending feels very suspect, his jockeying isn't very agile for such a small player, and as such it's not hard for an opponent to dribble around him. Also having him at LB means people can cross from their left wing to the far post and he can't defend anything in the air.

The 2* WF and 3*SM is certainly an issue if you want to do anything other than shooting with his strong foot, players like Cancelo, Marcelo, Hernandez etc. can go out wide or cut inside and actually make passes with their weak foot.

Overall, due to his lack of defensive abilities, he's way down the pecking order for me at LB. although he is great as a LM in 352, where he has more opportunity to get into shooting positions, and there's more defensive cover behind him.
  • KSYM72
    1193 posts Professional
    Metalfly wrote: »
    Long shots with his left is literally the best aspect of Carlos, just showing highlights of that doesn't mean he's better than Cancelo.

His defending feels very suspect, his jockeying isn't very agile for such a small player, and as such it's not hard for an opponent to dribble around him. Also having him at LB means people can cross from their left wing to the far post and he can't defend anything in the air.

The 2* WF and 3*SM is certainly an issue if you want to do anything other than shooting with his strong foot, players like Cancelo, Marcelo, Hernandez etc. can go out wide or cut inside and actually make passes with their weak foot.

Overall, due to his lack of defensive abilities, he's way down the pecking order for me at LB. although he is great as a LM in 352, where he has more opportunity to get into shooting positions, and there's more defensive cover behind him.

Agree with this, I still use Carlos because the joy of scoring an outside foot long ranger is worth the weaknesses he has. Unfortunately he's starting to feel a liability more and more as each week passes and I was really hoping for an EOAE Marcelo to replace him.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14725 posts World Class
    edited June 15
    He's very strong for that height n body,,,n possibly the best on set pieces as well(rivaled only by Beckham n matthaus in latter aspect)
  • McFandan
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tried him in 352 and didn’t like him, swapped for TOTS Acuna who can score goals like that but also offers much more in both attack and defence
  • Professor
    4161 posts National Call-Up
    As much as I liked R. Carlos IRL he is not even top 5 Lbs in game. Tots Cancelo, Toty Cancelo, FC Marcelo, Davies, Nuno Mendes are all better imo.
  • Cornushon
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    Kondziu_gb wrote: »
    ohgtz9i5li8h.gif

Heh I have him in my team and I realised that I never shoot with him. Yesterday I tried make runs from deep and shoot at far post 3 times and scored 3 goals. I was like: why tf I did not do it earlier?

Because it is speculative, and speculative things in FUT get punished on counters. Now I must do it myself
  • Bob_Bobson
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Professor wrote: »
    As much as I liked R. Carlos IRL he is not even top 5 Lbs in game. Tots Cancelo, Toty Cancelo, FC Marcelo, Davies, Nuno Mendes are all better imo.

Not a chance Nuno Mendes is better. TOTS Hernandez is though.
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Kondziu_gb wrote: »
    ohgtz9i5li8h.gif

Because it is speculative, and speculative things in FUT get punished on counters. Now I must do it myself

Yep - if you haven't tried it, then you would never do it as why would you - it seems wrong! Once you start, it's magic. He has weaknesses, but with this ability, it is that extra weapon which also causes the other team to play slightly differently too. The low block is abandoned on the left side when I have RC3 on the ball, if they insist on staying back, then, RC3 slows a little with the ball, and then outside foot curves it in. Maybe it hits the post, maybe it's parried - and your player runs in and scores. Of course, plenty of time it's saved, but it's that extra options that you have with RC3
  • greif44x2
    1877 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's only better if you want to force yourself to try scoring longshots with your LB.
    I used prime for 200-250 games and he was a letdown, even though I scored with him a few screamers and a couple of direct corner kicks.
    Small, 2* WF, can't win anything in the air. He was a true legend IRL but is not really suited well for FUT.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14725 posts World Class
    Professor wrote: »

Nuno Mendes is not better than acuna

Haven't used others
    721 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haven't used Cancelo until last night but boy he is probably one of the smoothest players to use and always seems to pop up in the right places..Playing him as a wingback and he already has 6 goals and 8 assists from 10 games
  • Scottybtech
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry but Tots Cancelo is clear