Squad Battles team ratings during objectives

rikstar
634 posts Semi-Pro
During this week i have been playing squad battles to try and complete all objective players whilst gaining my weekly points. To complete these players all i needed was to play and win 10 or so games. I was doing very well in these games as i didn't need to concentrate on scoring different types of goals with certain players and i was able to play against quite a few low rated teams each round (60-70 rated).

Fast forward to today and whilst i still need a few more ames to complete 1 or more of these objective players i thought i would also start on the new Fabregas objectives. I now can't find a team lower than 80 rated in each round. I have refreshed 4 times or so, each round is like 82, 86, 88, 90 rated teams. I know that some of the lower 80 rated teams are going to be quite easy but one of the objectives for Fabregas is to be done on world class and i normally only play on professional unless needed.

I have already tried 1 or 2 games trying to get these objectives done but for some reason it seems the game doesn't want to allow me to score from outside the box or use the players needed to complete this objective.

Before this objective earlier in the day i was playing fine and scoring for fun everywhere on the pitch and scoring with anybody but now my players don't seem to work.

Do EA mess about with squad battles during objectives to make it more difficult to complete them as this is what it feels like.

Comments

• radhoyl
    4007 posts National Call-Up
    rikstar wrote: »
    During this week i have been playing squad battles to try and complete all objective players whilst gaining my weekly points. To complete these players all i needed was to play and win 10 or so games. I was doing very well in these games as i didn't need to concentrate on scoring different types of goals with certain players and i was able to play against quite a few low rated teams each round (60-70 rated).

Fast forward to today and whilst i still need a few more ames to complete 1 or more of these objective players i thought i would also start on the new Fabregas objectives. I now can't find a team lower than 80 rated in each round. I have refreshed 4 times or so, each round is like 82, 86, 88, 90 rated teams. I know that some of the lower 80 rated teams are going to be quite easy but one of the objectives for Fabregas is to be done on world class and i normally only play on professional unless needed.

I have already tried 1 or 2 games trying to get these objectives done but for some reason it seems the game doesn't want to allow me to score from outside the box or use the players needed to complete this objective.

Before this objective earlier in the day i was playing fine and scoring for fun everywhere on the pitch and scoring with anybody but now my players don't seem to work.

Do EA mess about with squad battles during objectives to make it more difficult to complete them as this is what it feels like.

Scoring from outside is on Professional
  • McFandan
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    You are right, they definitely increase the difficulty during swaps/objectives and the 60/70 rated teams disappear but don’t look at the overall rating.
    Instead pick teams that have low chemistry or better still an outfield player in goals
  • Batman442
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    I'm pretty sure everyone gets the same set of 40 squads so it's predetermined. As far as the levels go I think it varies on what you are doing
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    But yes it is harder during objectives. Last year you could play ultimate even though bronze players were boosted up. But this year you can’t recognise professional or World class difficulty…The ai hugs the ball, nonstop dummying until they get around the box and shoot with a shot booster…Things like the ai equalising in the 90min to take it to extra time is just ridiculous.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    rikstar wrote: »

They definitely do make it harder when objectives are involved.

I'm currently trying the one where you have to field 7 MLS players and the A.I are keeping the ball like the classic Barcelona team of the last decade...I simply can't get close.

Then, if I do create a chance their 68 rated GK is like a cross between Superman and Dr.Octopus.

I play on World Class and it is definitely noticeable how the difficulty changes depending on what you are trying to achieve.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon
    Batman442 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everyone gets the same set of 40 squads so it's predetermined. As far as the levels go I think it varies on what you are doing

No you don't.

Everybody just gets random squads out of the pool of any squad that has ever played a game and within a certain rating (chem+squad rating) to determine if it's an easy, mid or difficult squad.
  • radhoyl
    4007 posts National Call-Up
    GitGood wrote: »
    But yes it is harder during objectives. Last year you could play ultimate even though bronze players were boosted up. But this year you can’t recognise professional or World class difficulty…The ai hugs the ball, nonstop dummying until they get around the box and shoot with a shot booster…Things like the ai equalising in the 90min to take it to extra time is just ridiculous.

If you are winning in the 80 minute, waste time. Run with you players along back line.
  • Riotiga
    1309 posts Play-Off Hero
    Create a low chem low rating team and make it your active team and refresh the opponent.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 11
    Orison wrote: »

No you don't.

Everybody just gets random squads out of the pool of any squad that has ever played a game and within a certain rating (chem+squad rating) to determine if it's an easy, mid or difficult squad.

Is that a definite, the idea that no two people get the same teams?
    Post edited by RexAnglo1066 on
  • As soon as I saw that the abysmal Fabregas Objectives didn't include a Swap Token, I decided not to do them.

Why play 8 x Games with all Spanish Players to get a 91 rated Fodder Card (worth 30k), when I can enjoy using my End-Game Team instead?
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon
    Orison wrote: »

No you don't.

Is that a definiten the idea that no two people get the same teams?

I mean since it's random you could get the same squad as someone else, the odds for that happening are just not very high.
  • PaulDr
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    Think it's in your heads guys.
  • spy
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it’s just the stage the game is at that means there are more high rated squads. It’s ok for most of the TOTS objectives as you can play enough reasonable players but trying to do the silver icon swaps you really need to find low rated squads.
  • rikstar
    634 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 11

It's madness!