Carlos or the 93+ Moments pack

Stew
713 posts Semi-Pro
I’ve got the 8 swaps done.

This is my current team

dgm933c8hhr0.png

I don’t mind zinchenko he’s relatively solid but I do sub red Alphonso on sometimes 60+ mins if someone has a pacey winger.

Thoughts?

Comments

• JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    Go for the gamble, it's June, might as well take a chance. Who knows, it could be one of the top tier icons
  • Bob_Bobson
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Carlos is a good upgrade but your sub option is already good. I went for Carlos and have had no regrets. Only out the team now because I packed Hernandez.

Basically, if you're happy enough with the team, spin the wheel. If you have issues with Zinchenko, take Carlos.
  • Stew
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    Carlos is a good upgrade but your sub option is already good. I went for Carlos and have had no regrets. Only out the team now because I packed Hernandez.

Basically, if you're happy enough with the team, spin the wheel. If you have issues with Zinchenko, take Carlos.

Wouldn’t go as far as saying I have issues but I would say he’s the weak link in the team. Trent on the other side is noticeably better.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Stew wrote: »
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

Wouldn’t go as far as saying I have issues but I would say he’s the weak link in the team. Trent on the other side is noticeably better.

I would say that if you just use your fullbacks to defend, Carlos probably isn't worth it. He's a fun card to use going forward that has enough to compete when defending. I do have a positive bias as I enjoyed watching him when I was growing up. Just a shame they don't offer loan cards for you to try and get a feel.
  • radhoyl
    4007 posts National Call-Up
    None.
  • Stew
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    radhoyl wrote: »
    None.

Your suggestion of what to do with 8 icon swaps then?
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    hqgh1litrdgt.gif

Carlos without doubt, his left foot is cracked. Free kicks are guaranteed a goal and his long range shooting from the left when timed right is an easy in game exploit many have no idea about. A game changer imo.

• Alfie5
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    radhoyl wrote: »
    None.

Your suggestion of what to do with 8 icon swaps then?

Ignore him
    He’s a massive clown
  • Stew
    713 posts Semi-Pro
    I got Carlos and he is incredible.
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero
    Carlos hands down. Upgrades your LB, and as said above - the shot from the left, outside curler is magic. Still haven't got his FK working though (not as easy as last year), but that outside curler is a weapon that is like nothing else.
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional

Keep practicing those long rangers from the left like the gif I posted above. Such a good feeling when they go in.

And like the other guy remarked. He has the two traits that make his shots op, practice those shots and you'll start getting use to the power bar and positioning. It's an awesome weapon to have in your arsenal, especially if you're chasing a goal and struggling against a low block team.

Thank me later when RC3 has single handlely won you 2 or 3 games in wl with a screamer 😊
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero
    SSL14 wrote: »

Keep practicing those long rangers from the left like the gif I posted above. Such a good feeling when they go in.

And like the other guy remarked. He has the two traits that make his shots op, practice those shots and you'll start getting use to the power bar and positioning. It's an awesome weapon to have in your arsenal, especially if you're chasing a goal and struggling against a low block team.

Thank me later when RC3 has single handlely won you 2 or 3 games in wl with a screamer 😊

Yep. This. I had benched RC until I read @SSL14 on another thread. Now RC3 is a major attacking threat on the left. Not just the shots, but it also forces the other team to play different too.
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    chiholam wrote: »

Yep. This. I had benched RC until I read @SSL14 on another thread. Now RC3 is a major attacking threat on the left. Not just the shots, but it also forces the other team to play different too.

Awesome dude, I'm pleased my advice has reaped reward for you.

Let me know how RC3 performs for you this WL.
  • futaddikt
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Carlos is a beast, any free kick outside box with half bar power is hoenstly about 98 percent a goal.
  • Jonboyparker
    7493 posts League Winner
    Carlos is great card for sure but it’s still just a LB you could buy. You have enough to Tots Cancelo right now for example.

I have 8 swaps now and they are going in 93+ Just need to clear some dupes to open it.

Choices like this come down to what your targets are... untradbale team? Love Icons? Don’t like othe cards? Or looking for a final team? If Carlos is the man, you’ll know. If he’s not, and you’ll only use for a few weeks, I think it’s a waste to have him on the bench
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    edited June 11
    Heres the point you and many others are missing which make Carlos a more attacking threat then Cancelo. He has two traits that make him more op than any other FB. The outside foot and long shot traits. Yes Cancelo has long shot, but the outside foot trait makes Carlos long rangers so op.

It's obviously upto peeps to stick with Cancelo, but for those that try this method out with Carlos it gives your side a whole new threat down the left.
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero
    futaddikt wrote: »
    Carlos is a beast, any free kick outside box with half bar power is hoenstly about 98 percent a goal.

Advice please - I can't seem to get his FKs to work. Last year - opposite top corner, full power and bam goes in whether is a keeper or not. Even funnier when they take a defender and puts them in the corner, and the ball still goes in whilst giving the defender a hair cut.

This year, that doesn't work. Any tips or videos?
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero

Wish I knew how to do recordings and posts - I would do them all on one thread to annoy people! I keep switching between RC3 as LB on a 4312, or LM on 4312 just to get him in more attacking positions. As LM on 4312, I get the bonus that he is in position for receiving a ball from a corner and being roughly in the right position but oddly does not have as much effect - except for one time from the right side (!) left foot missile over the keeper opposite corner which was ridiculous. Keeper did not even dive but did the over the shoulder look animation. Seriously laughed out loud on that one as it was outrageous.

He doesn't seem to be as optimal position as much in LM with 4312 but is involved in attack a bit more. LB on 4312 he's sometimes far too forward and I have to wait for him to come back so I can get him to the corner of the box.

Not really tried LWB in 352, which is my second formation - maybe I should?
  • Felici_123
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Carlos is great card for sure but it’s still just a LB you could buy. You have enough to Tots Cancelo right now for example.

I have 8 swaps now and they are going in 93+ Just need to clear some dupes to open it.

Choices like this come down to what your targets are... untradbale team? Love Icons? Don’t like othe cards? Or looking for a final team? If Carlos is the man, you’ll know. If he’s not, and you’ll only use for a few weeks, I think it’s a waste to have him on the bench

I play both, he could do that too which would be a great Lb/Rb duo. Cancelo feels identically good as Rb with his 5 * WF even on 7 chem 😃😃
  • Domination
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did the 8 tokens for the 93+...

Del Piero :-/
  • Edge01
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Carlos is only okay for me (need to try that shot thing) but he was always going to be end game for me due to him being one of the greats. Hardly ever scored free kicks on 22 until him, top right corner minimal power nothing else and it just works quite a lot.
  • Ballerson
    1545 posts Play-Off Hero

Whats the thread w the sage advice?
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    Cancelo is the best attacking full back they said....🙄 RC3 says Hi. j4czk8efzttd.gif