How's your FUT Champs going? -Week 35

Comments

• Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Can't believe there are people like Buzzbuzz moaning about gameplay in fifa, I mean just look at Paqueta's little touch and Neymar's turning :trollface:
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

Seriously do us all a favour and NEVER comment on a thread regarding connection again.....I could never go 19-0 on your connection as i'm not good enough but I also guarantee you'd get knowhere near it either if you were playing on the connection's most of us do every game. I went 11-0 this week and thought my connection was great for a change, and then I saw yours and realised how bad mine is in comparison to the likes of you even on it's best days.

Having seen that Neymar clip you're basically starting games with a huge lead, the connection advantage you must get over the vast majority of opponents is astronomical. Good luck to you and enjoy the advantage, but it's abundantly clear you have no right to talk about poor connections when your players are turning that fast.

But I've also played wl on like 4 different consoles in 3 different houses this year already and the connection is fine everytime.

So which odds are higher, me getting lucky literally anywhere I play or connection really not being as bad as people make it out to be?

Btw if you recorded your games they would probably look fine. No delay on the controller overlay and many of those turning animations too.
  • Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't believe there are people like Buzzbuzz moaning about gameplay in fifa, I mean just look at Paqueta's little touch and Neymar's turning :trollface:
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

Seriously do us all a favour and NEVER comment on a thread regarding connection again.....I could never go 19-0 on your connection as i'm not good enough but I also guarantee you'd get knowhere near it either if you were playing on the connection's most of us do every game. I went 11-0 this week and thought my connection was great for a change, and then I saw yours and realised how bad mine is in comparison to the likes of you even on it's best days.

Having seen that Neymar clip you're basically starting games with a huge lead, the connection advantage you must get over the vast majority of opponents is astronomical. Good luck to you and enjoy the advantage, but it's abundantly clear you have no right to talk about poor connections when your players are turning that fast.

But I've also played wl on like 4 different consoles in 3 different houses this year already and the connection is fine everytime.

So which odds are higher, me getting lucky literally anywhere I play or connection really not being as bad as people make it out to be?

Btw if you recorded your games they would probably look fine. No delay on the controller overlay and many of those turning animations too.

If you're on the German servers you probably will have a good connection wherever you play.

What's funny is whenever I have gameplay that smooth it's like an insta win and I absolutely demolish my opponent so it's likely his gameplay is crap on the other end

There's a reason why pros and YouTubers spend ages searching for the right game...

I know the difference between good and bad gameplay, here are two clips showing the difference. The second one is notably faster and smoother.

Now I really can't be bothered talking about this any more with you.

Here's crap, laggy, buggy gameplay

Here's some good gameplay
  • Theomanny
    2749 posts National Call-Up
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

If you're on the German servers you probably will have a good connection wherever you play.

What's funny is whenever I have gameplay that smooth it's like an insta win and I absolutely demolish my opponent so it's likely his gameplay is crap on the other end

There's a reason why pros and YouTubers spend ages searching for the right game...

I know the difference between good and bad gameplay, here are two clips showing the difference. The second one is notably faster and smoother.

The first gameplay is my my gameplay 99% of the time lol 😂 😂😂. Was howling knowing the pain. Then i saw orison gameplay and think about my smooth gameplay in fifa 18
  • Buzzbuzz
    Theomanny wrote: »
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

The first gameplay is my my gameplay 99% of the time lol 😂 😂😂. Was howling knowing the pain. Then i saw orison gameplay and think about my smooth gameplay in fifa 18

Since upgrading to door-to-door fibre I only get that laggy gameplay about 80% of the time, instead of the 99% of the time I did before 😅
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    But I don't play on the German server everytime, because I'm too lazy to cherry pick :D I accept any ping below 30ms so I play on different servers as well.

The German one is 12ms for me, but I don't mind if it shows 24 or 28ms.

Imo people just need to worry way less about connection. Although having said that ever since @ha032742 switched to WiFi he gets lower ping and apparently better gameplay than before so maybe uk cables are in the mud ;)
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

Seems as if I just watch fifa differently then. I see like 3-4 defending mistakes followed by a clown keeper animation.

But when watching back games my aim is to improve. I know I can't stop this games coding from being awful so I would focus on what the hell I was doing while defending.
  • Buzzbuzz
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

Seems as if I just watch fifa differently then. I see like 3-4 defending mistakes followed by a clown keeper animation.

But when watching back games my aim is to improve. I know I can't stop this games coding from being awful so I would focus on what the hell I was doing while defending.

There was a super slow pass as I was trying to pass to my striker.

I read the through ball with my full back, but because of delay I couldn't switch quickly enough to time the intercept.

Maldini then makes a tackle that bounces straight back, because his movement was over compensated, due to the heavy gameplay.

Those type of stupid animations happen way more in delayed gameplay. It's like the processing of your team is on your console then that information is sent to the server.

I can see what I am doing wrong but it's nearly impossible to adjust in heavy gameplay.

I really don't get how you cannot accept other people's experiences and take your own as an absolute truth. I've been playing football games for 27 years now, it's not like I'm new to the game 😅
  • Beate_Uhse
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Opponent had 1,7 expected goals but scored 5…
    It’s getting more and more ridiculous
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

I read the through ball with my full back, but because of delay I couldn't switch quickly enough to time the intercept.

Maldini then makes a tackle that bounces straight back, because his movement was over compensated, due to the heavy gameplay.

Those type of stupid animations happen way more in delayed gameplay. It's like the processing of your team is on your console then that information is sent to the server.

I can see what I am doing wrong but it's nearly impossible to adjust in heavy gameplay.

I really don't get how you cannot accept other people's experiences and take your own as an absolute truth. I've been playing football games for 27 years now, it's not like I'm new to the game 😅

I can accept people complaining about gameplay and it ruining their enjoyment. That's understandable and fine.

I just fundamentally disagree with people suggesting it either costs them wins or magically gets other people those wins. Too often people are like "yeah on that gameplay I would win too". Imo that's both wrong and ignorant.
  • Buzzbuzz
    edited June 2022
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

I can accept people complaining about gameplay and it ruining their enjoyment. That's understandable and fine.

I just fundamentally disagree with people suggesting it either costs them wins or magically gets other people those wins. Too often people are like "yeah on that gameplay I would win too". Imo that's both wrong and ignorant.

That's your opinion and your welcome to it.

From my experience it does, I always get more wins when the gameplay is smoother.

The weekends when I've chosen to play after midnight, early in the morning, leave my games until Sunday evening, when there's no big promo on etc...I always play better as the servers are not as overloaded

In this day and age we shouldn't have to play at ridiculous hours to get a smooth gaming experience from a multi billion dollar company.

If you don't experience this, I'm happy for you. But many of us experience this crap on a regular basis.

I feel like this conversation will go round in circles so many be best to drop it now...
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    edited June 2022
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

That's your opinion and your welcome to it.

From my experience it does, I always get more wins when the gameplay is smoother.

The weekends when I've chosen to play after midnight, early in the morning, leave my games until Sunday evening, when there's no big promo on etc...I always play better as the servers are not as overloaded

In this day and age we shouldn't have to play at ridiculous hours to get a smooth gaming experience from a multi billion dollar company.

If you don't experience this, I'm happy for you. But many of us experience this crap on a regular basis.

I feel like this conversation will go round in circles so many be best to drop it now...

But have you considered that bad gameplay makes you more annoyed which leads to mistakes which leads to losses?

At the end of the day you lose the games.

Others grind out their wins no matter the gameplay and that's also a skill.

Not a skill that should be required in 2022, but it is. So people suggesting someone wins due to connection are simply ignorant. Nobody gets perfect gameplay all the time and yet the same people keep winning no matter the circumstances.
  • Buzzbuzz
    Getting annoyed definitely does happen and probably does cost games.

But so does instances like wanting to hit a first time shot into an open net, but instead they take a touch and the opportunity is gone, which happens quite regularly.
  • Buzzbuzz
    Plus the cynic in me is led to believe EA make the game purposefully frustrating
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Getting annoyed definitely does happen and probably does cost games.

But so does instances like wanting to hit a first time shot into an open net, but instead they take a touch and the opportunity is gone, which happens quite regularly.

Annoyance is a huge factor which delay brings into equation
  • lad33
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2022
    Horrible WL. Coupled with major cba mood.

9-10, gifted last game.

You guessed it...

Maignan | Calhanoglu | Bremer

• abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 1

3-0 win marred by delay which both of us experienced,,2 lucky goals were in it(a save by lafont off fofana with Canales burying the rebound n a block by defender to foafana who slotted it in)
  • KSYM72
    1197 posts Professional
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

I don't need to record my gameplay,
    because I really don't care enough and I can tell very early on if gameplay is bad without having controllers on my screen.

Btw didn't you say that if you get red connection icons at the top it's the persons connection and not the servers fault?
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Screenshot-25.png

Ready to switch it up to try and get 10 wins from 14 matches for 11 wins total tonight and tomorrow evening. Took this team out for a test run in Rivals and won 7 from 8 and happy with how it plays, Sangare, Fofana, Kessie so so solid and, importantly for this game, quick enough to make covering runs.

Definitely can be upgraded but I still stick pretty firmly to First Owner Only rules (the exception being for TOTS if I pack a player on loan I then buy their actual non-loan version) which leaves me a bit underpowered in some match-ups but overall it works pretty well.

Have had the sort of winning streak needed before so hopefully can repeat it but will take what I have to at this rate.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 2

Very close loss although XG wise I was way behind him,,,lost 3-4 AET,,with me scoring an equalizer in 89th,,,he scored 2 quick goals inside 100(my defense caught sleeping) n cr7 hit the bar in 116th in what cld hv been a match I didn't deserve to win
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

because I really don't care enough and I can tell very early on if gameplay is bad without having controllers on my screen.

Btw didn't you say that if you get red connection icons at the top it's the persons connection and not the servers fault?

It is
  • KSYM72
    1197 posts Professional

MatfzQh.gif
    1SpwYQl.gif

It is

Screenshot-20220605-122555-Xbox-Beta.jpg

Care to explain this then seeing as you know everything?

Gameplay was fine then all of a sudden I got a red connection icon at the top of the screen. I went to pause but my opponent had already done it. I kicked the ball out and sent the message....you can see from his reply it happened to us both at the exact same time. It lasted for about 20 ingame minutes then corrected itself and was fine afterwards. Now that's an almost impossible coincidence that we had connection issues at the exact same time isn't it? Or you still gonna maintain it's not a server issue despite clear evidence to the contrary.

• abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited June 2022
    Game 3

Very average opponent with nif hakimi as his RB n boy it was a struggle,,after I went ahead(cool chip by felix),I went super relaxed n that's where I was bitten,1st he equalized with me trying to play smart against his press,,didn't learn after I went ahead again through aspas,conceded on yet another counter
    It was getting frustrating towards the final 20 till cr7 came to my rescue(was actually a tap in after some good work by canales),who then fed Felix for another chip goal to end the contest,,,full valiant marks to my opponent who had his fullbacks on default in a back 4
  • JakeH
    3470 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2022
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    JakeH wrote: »
    Finished 11-7 after throwing the first 5.

Reds Cuadrado and Vlahovic. Cuadrado was the one I wanted because he’ll be great in my system. Can’t open packs as I have 3 TOTS sitting in dupes.

See the trouble is that’s great for you. But for people like me who are on a -5 ELO because that’s our actual form we still come across super hard opponents who are not actually on the same ELO as their skill level is higher.

I’m aware of that. You say super hard opponents but when I’ve been -5 I’ve never come up against someone good, so there’s not enough people doing it to effect your rank.

Everyone finishes the same rank in WL every week anyway, regardless of elo, the team you use etc. I honestly couldn’t care less about any of my opponents. Saying that will irritate some people on here but a lot of people are thinking it and won’t say it, I will. If I can manipulate champs to get it done easier and quicker I’m not going to and I won’t worry about some random person I’m playing against who I’ll never meet just because I’ve beaten them at a video game, and I certainly couldn’t care less about admitting it on a forum.

True. Why should you care. I can’t manipulate champs as I’m not good enough. I need all my 20 games to get 9 wins every week. Usually down to the last 2 games. Maybe I should throw 10 and see how that works.

I wish my gameplay was like @Orison level. I always get bad animations and the flashy warning bars. But I’m not going to record it just to prove I’m not a liar to strangers on a forum!
  • Orison
    76809 posts Icon
    Finished 11-7 after throwing the first 5.

Reds Cuadrado and Vlahovic. Cuadrado was the one I wanted because he’ll be great in my system. Can’t open packs as I have 3 TOTS sitting in dupes.

See the trouble is that’s great for you. But for people like me who are on a -5 ELO because that’s our actual form we still come across super hard opponents who are not actually on the same ELO as their skill level is higher.

I’m aware of that. You say super hard opponents but when I’ve been -5 I’ve never come up against someone good, so there’s not enough people doing it to effect your rank.

Everyone finishes the same rank in WL every week anyway, regardless of elo, the team you use etc. I honestly couldn’t care less about any of my opponents. Saying that will irritate some people on here but a lot of people are thinking it and won’t say it, I will. If I can manipulate champs to get it done easier and quicker I’m not going to and I won’t worry about some random person I’m playing against who I’ll never meet just because I’ve beaten them at a video game, and I certainly couldn’t care less about admitting it on a forum.

True. Why should you care. I can’t manipulate champs as I’m not good enough. I need all my 20 games to get 9 wins every week. Usually down to the last 2 games. Maybe I should throw 10 and see how that works.

I wish my gameplay was like @Orison level. I always get bad animations and the flashy warning bars. But I’m not going to record it just to prove I’m not a liar to strangers on a forum!

Same Neymar clip, started about 5secs earlier
    szN8Auy.gif
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited June 2022
    Game 4

Another tight win,,his team again wasn't extraordinary,but he went ahead through a corner counter,,a long ball which my Neuer didn't come to collect automatically(was so near his goal line),,but his defending wasn't as good n a solo effort by dorsch brought us leveled
    2nd half was pretty frustrating as a couple of my chances were wasted,but on one occasion vieria fed in caliguri beautifully with the 🇮🇹 blasting a wonderful 1st touch shot in
    He pressed well but I held on final 10

Stopping for now
  • Thedudeabides
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another 1-1 quitter, that’s 4 out out 4 attempts at playing WL where my opponent has quit while drawing. Has it always been this bad? Will try again tomorrow lol
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Another 1-1 quitter, that’s 4 out out 4 attempts at playing WL where my opponent has quit while drawing. Has it always been this bad? Will try again tomorrow lol

It's on another level these days,,ppl used to 🎁 a lot early on,but don't know why they turned so envious
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2022
    Terrible start. 1 3. Although today I had three players quiting before the 20 minute mark. Two of them at 1 1 and one on them at 0 0. I'm sure that I was going to won all of those 3 games. Or at least have a nice match until the final whistle. But some people just wants to open their rewards immediately, pack some upgrades for their team, and come back to the Weekend League to quit games at the minimum sight of effort, rinse and repeat. They don't use their "Ultimate Team". What's the point, then? 🤦
  • joehuk
    8218 posts League Winner
    7-4.

Won two games but gameplay still feels so dodgy.

Tempted to leave it while tomorrow or Tuesday now.
  • KSYM72
    1197 posts Professional
    Still waiting for a reply to my question @Orison

Funny how you replied to @JakeH but not me. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you'd have to admit you're wrong would it?!