So sick and tiered of cut back goals

Mic2904
2962 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 2022
… nuff said… it’s unbelievable and almost the only goals I concede.

Just wanted a wee rant!

Comments

• joehuk
    8207 posts League Winner
    Don't mind them if its odd time the opponant attempts it.

but when they attempt it EVERY attack it gets abit tedious, no matter how well i defend eventually they will get one through.
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    Top tier rant
  • colm96
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Part of the game unfortunately.

I love when they get one early and they proceed to spam for the rest of the game 😴
  • Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't get why the strikers finishing and shot power stats go up to 999 just because it's a cut back
  • Zalisis
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You must really hate watching City play, Pep loves a cutback goal
  • Thedudeabides
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    I score a lot of cutbacks, not by choice really, just that it’s my only real option against most players I come up against. I struggle to create through the middle, as it’s mostly two deep banks if 8-9 cutting passing lanes. I’m new and don’t have the tools yet to open up defences easily.
  • DannySTFC
    10358 posts Has That Special Something
    It doesn’t really matter how you defend, everyone’s going to concede them eventually, but if you select your nearest CB and position them between the ball player and 6 yard box instead of closing down the man you’ll intercept most of them, as long as you don’t leave an across shot attempt open.
  • GitGood
    898 posts Semi-Pro
    While we are complaining about cutbacks can we please have normal friendlies back I’m sick of first goal wins.
  • RadioShaq
    20802 posts Moderator
    Like others said you have to manually defend them. They really need to buff defense as the ai won’t track for you.
  • Stew
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s a part of real life football too. Watch city/ highlights of the Barca team back In day with iniesta and xavi.
  • Ncliverbirds
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not trying to be contradictory but I don’t mind them too much. As others said, it’s a normal part of the game, it doesn’t feel too abusive, and for me, it’s much better when they score that way than from a 45 yard finesse shot or a timed finish shot from anywhere.

I know others say this is an arcade game and it is but it’s also called FIFA and clearly is based on the real game. With all the other game modes, give me real life futbol in rivals and all the arcade crap else where. I just simply despise mechanic abuse.
  • JakeH
    3443 posts National Call-Up
    To an extent they happen in real life. However people trying to do 50 skill moves constantly at the edge of the box trying to create an easy cut back goal over and over and over does not replicate real football.

What makes me laugh is that some opponents could have just as easily scored yet they still go out wide for cut backs.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    The good and old tap in tap flum tap in taparoo. You avoid some, you concede some. Don't rage. Keep it zen.
  • Burchy
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I try a cut back goal it just goes back to the opposition!

What exactly are these guys pressing button wise to get such a accurate pass?
  • Thefranchise92
    9572 posts Has That Special Something
    Call my new girl covid cos i know it’s gonna end in tiers
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1346 posts Professional
    RVN made a living tapping in cut backs.
  • Vezzo
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it has more to do with surprise mechanics etc because if it happens you have superhuman goalkeepers who save clear chances 1 on 1.
    Better safe than sorry.

And no I am not pro cut back.
  • OZero
    7693 posts League Winner
    It’s probably the least effective year for cut back goals already
  • Mic2904
    2962 posts Fans' Favourite
    JakeH wrote: »
    To an extent they happen in real life. However people trying to do 50 skill moves constantly at the edge of the box trying to create an easy cut back goal over and over and over does not replicate real football.

What makes me laugh is that some opponents could have just as easily scored yet they still go out wide for cut backs.

Exactly that…. Some are just waiting for an opening so they can cut back. Over and over again…. And yes, sometimes I stop them and you get people that all of a sudden struggle because they can’t do anything else. Of course the game sometimes opens up in a way where you take the goal.
  • dazco
    455 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unbelievable.... It's a video game. That's what everyone is saying constantly... The world will continue to spin if you cannot defend properly