Matchmaking disabled 1.5 hour before DR rewards

truegunn3r
13037 posts World Class
edited June 2
I know someone will say that I shouldn’t have left it at the last moment to get my 8 wins but hey! we all have many other things to do other than fifa and a convenient time for you may not be so convenient for the next guy. I usually complete 4 wins on Wednesday mornings and the remaining 4 on Thursday mornings because I work at nights. Was sitting on 6 wins before matchmaking was disabled. Not going to cry over it but just find it ridiculous how EA can disable matchmaking in the final hours of DR.

Comments

• RogLeBell
    472 posts Sunday League Hero
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I know someone will say that I shouldn’t have left it at the last moment to get my 8 wins but hey! we all have many other things to do other than fifa and a convenient time for you may not be so convenient for the next guy. I usually complete 4 wins on Wednesday mornings and the remaining 4 on Thursday mornings because I work at nights. Was sitting on 6 wins before matchmaking was disabled. Not going to cry over it but just find it ridiculous how EA can disable matchmaking in the final hours of DR.

They did the same last week. Clear and obviously they are trying to take packs out the game. Makes no other sense to disable match making / maintenance 1 hour before rewards when they have so many clear windows after rewards to do whatever the F they need to.
  • truegunn3r
    13037 posts World Class
    edited June 2
    RogLeBell wrote: »

They did the same last week. Clear and obviously they are trying to take packs out the game. Makes no other sense to disable match making / maintenance 1 hour before rewards when they have so many clear windows after rewards to do whatever the F they need to.
    Didn’t realise they did it last week too. Thanks for letting me know because it shows clearly there’s something going in those sick heads. I’ll just remember to get my wins completed abit earlier next time.
  • JakeH
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    Again? WTF EA
  • JimNoShoes
    1218 posts Professional
    Do we know what time we can play again?
  • Delboy13710
    10219 posts Has That Special Something
    Pack weight is trash any way hoping they up it . Needed 3 more wins as well planned for this morning .

Did they plan this or is it random ?
  • Saekerhett
    1177 posts Professional
    Again? Last week flashbacks…
  • truegunn3r
    13037 posts World Class
    edited June 2
    Pack weight is trash any way hoping they up it . Needed 3 more wins as well planned for this morning .

Did they plan this or is it random ?
    Apparently they did it last week too so it must be planned
  • Chavez76
    9854 posts League Winner

'clear and obvious' ?

You know there will always be people complaining when maintenance is done, right ?
  • abhreebhu_45
    14724 posts World Class
    edited June 2
    It's been done 3-4 times now,,,I no longer bother getting 8 wins now,4 in div 1 offer decent reward for minimal effort
  • JakeH
    Div1 rewards. Highest 83. Put all in to upgrade packs. Highest 82. I’m so done now.
  • Jonboyparker
    7491 posts League Winner
    Strange that the game needs maintenance every week? It would suggest that the game is broken in some way but we all know that’s not the case surely.
  • bigpokey24
    5811 posts Big Money Move
    Matters not , packs are trash anyways.
  • CheekyFreakOfTheWeek
    1400 posts Professional
    Strange that the game needs maintenance every week?

On FIFA, we get an Update of several GBs every couple of weeks.

Do Sony/Microsoft give EA a financial incentive to clog our Hard Drives, increasing the likelihood that we'll have to buy more Storage space or Upgrade to a newer Console?

• Wooly1203
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    That happened last week! I needed 1 more win for my rewards because I didn’t have time until the last day, and I ended on 3/4 because they shut it down.

Seems ridiculous to me when they could easily do whatever they need to a few hours later and avoid the problem
  • Jonboyparker
    7491 posts League Winner
    JakeH wrote: »
    Div1 rewards. Highest 83. Put all in to upgrade packs. Highest 82. I’m so done now.

I can’t open mine due to the endless dupes from upgrades 🤢 but not enough upgrades to do a decent sbc 😡
  • RogLeBell
    Chavez76 wrote: »

'clear and obvious' ?

You know there will always be people complaining when maintenance is done, right ?

Even EA sympathiser like yourself can agree that two weeks in a row, 1 hour before rewards is a bit of a shambles. So yes, clear and obvious, if I need to explain to a 50 year old man why, then I really can help you.
  • Chavez76
    9854 posts League Winner

'clear and obvious' ?

Even EA sympathiser like yourself can agree that two weeks in a row, 1 hour before rewards is a bit of a shambles. So yes, clear and obvious, if I need to explain to a 50 year old man why, then I really can help you.

so, please do so.

Part of being an old man is also having seen the exact same posts on any given time due to 'game being down because of patching exactly during my only moment I can play'

Deal with it. It's not going to be on your convenient moment every time.
    oh, and learn to count.
  • RogLeBell

'clear and obvious' ?

so, please do so.

Part of being an old man is also having seen the exact same posts on any given time due to 'game being down because of patching exactly during my only moment I can play'

Deal with it. It's not going to be on your convenient moment every time.
    oh, and learn to count.

No ones asking it to be at my convenience, just do it after rewards when you have a 36 hour window until WL starts. Not really that difficult
  • truegunn3r
    13037 posts World Class
    edited June 9
    They’re actually doing it again :joy:
    emlpd2y5iibu.jpeg

The look on your faces when you realise you can not get the top Season Milestone rewards
  • truegunn3r
    13037 posts World Class
    edited June 9
    They might as well reduce the DR expiration time to 6am UTC
  • JakeH
    edited June 9
    5 hours???? To Do what?? These clowns are unbelievable
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move

Me & the other guy that still play Fifa 16 are not amused.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can’t help but question their motives when they seem to do this on rewards day every time.
  • golazo
    2324 posts National Call-Up
    Needed 2 games to compete 100 games. BS lol
  • Jonboyparker
    7491 posts League Winner
    Happy Maintenance Day 🤦‍♂️

I wonder what special treats EA has for us this week... 😂
  • RogLeBell
    I had one game to hit the 50 wins.

So EA give you a time frame to complete objectives then remove 10 hours from the game in 3 weeks - all just before rewards. If they’re gonna do this every week, surely they need to change the rewards countdown timer? Because people believe they have longer to complete an objective when in reality EA are constantly moving the goal posts and changing the amount of time you need.

I log in this morning. Countdown timer = 1 hour 30 mins to finish 1 game - match creation disabled.

Add that to the fact Serie A pack weight was the worst I’ve ever seen, these jokers are 100% tampering with the drop rates right before rewards.
  • RogLeBell
    They might as well reduce the DR expiration time to 6am UTC

This? At least then you’d have no excuses on the countdown timer
  • Jonboyparker
    7491 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    It does make sense to not do maintenance Friday to Wednesday morning due to the clash with weekend league but I don’t understand why it’s always cutting off the night before rivals end?!

Surely a Thursday night would be better when nothing is happening. Obviously time zones would effect differently but Thursday anytime is better than the night before rivals expiry 🤷‍♂️
  • aladdin
    3406 posts National Call-Up
    lol - third week in a row. this is a long one as well. thundercunts