FIFA 23 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    5148 posts Big Money Move
    Guys as a united fan what's the likelihood of getting Elanga, Hanibal and some other youth players scanned is ea still going to scan united with them having a PES deal ?

A bit worried that I won't be using Elanga and Hannibal next year

If the PL has been re-scanned, which you'd think Man Utd would be a part of, it would be absolutely criminal to not include these 2 players! As theyre pretty much the only 2 Generic players, lol, but knowing EA they will re-scan already scanned players and miss these 2 out 🤣

With EA it's not who they scan/don't scan, it's who they are bothered to add! As i'm still sure they have a Garner scan from the past 2 years laying around somewhere..
  • tommy_p_5
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 27
    Guys as a united fan what's the likelihood of getting Elanga, Hanibal and some other youth players scanned is ea still going to scan united with them having a PES deal ?

If the PL has been re-scanned, which you'd think Man Utd would be a part of, it would be absolutely criminal to not include these 2 players! As theyre pretty much the only 2 Generic players, lol, but knowing EA they will re-scan already scanned players and miss these 2 out 🤣

With EA it's not who they scan/don't scan, it's who they are bothered to add! As i'm still sure they have a Garner scan from the past 2 years laying around somewhere..

Fair chance of that - they only added Olosunde this year, and he left United in 2019; Harrop was added in Fifa 21 and he left in 2017! They've been trying (and failing) to add Indy Boonen since 2020 and he left in 2018.
  • Guruoffooty
    436 posts Sunday League Hero

Garner , mengi , laird , D Bernard are all scanned I'm sure of it 🤣
  • tommy_p_5
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 27
    In relation to today's topic, so many U23 players added in today's squad update (without removing players from clubs) including:
    22 for Man United
    17 for Newcastle
    16 for Reading
    15 for Brentford
    14 for Wolves
    14 for Blackburn
    12 for Hull
    11 for M'Boro
    10 for N.Forest
    9 for Huddersfield
    8 for West Ham
    5 for Arsenal
    5 for Everton
    5 for Chelsea

Most are in the top two Premier League 2 divisions.

Also:
    15 for Barca
    9 for Real
    Fair few for the Greek teams - rumours of that league coming in Fifa 23
    Loads in the Asian leagues, especially K League

I'm 80% sure they do something similar most years, but (speculating) it would be so huge if in Fifa 23 the youth team on CM would represent real life. I know there are much bigger priorities, but it links to topics on here from today - it would be amazing if they scanned PL2 teams at the same time as first teams, so you could bring through academy products with scans! - I know this is highly unlikely

Side note: international squad sizes have increased from 23 to 30 (for kick off mode at least - haven't checked CM yet).
    Post edited by tommy_p_5 on
  • Guruoffooty
    For the first time in a very long time players with starheads removed and added back have NOT lost their scans. Hopefully they have finally fixed such an annoying issue.

• tommy_p_5
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    For the first time in a very long time players with starheads removed and added back have NOT lost their scans. Hopefully they have finally fixed such an annoying issue.

My understanding is that if players are in the game with a face at launch and EA remove them, then add them back in a later update, there isn't usually an issue - Lafferty for example was in Fifa 22 previously but removed, so when re-added in this update still has his scan.

It's when they aren't in the database at launch but added in a squad update (like Jack Wilshere) when they get added as generic... I think.
  • Futbol22
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 28
    Fantastic result!
    Hopefully EA have scanned Madrid

Post edited by Futbol22 on
  • Guruoffooty
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Fantastic result!

Yes I need a camavinga scan.

A. Lunin as a Young GK talent too

• Futbol22
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fantastic result!

Yeah, that Camavinga custom better not be in FIFA 23.

Benzema as well! It’s already shocking enough he hasn’t been updated already.
  • Guruoffooty
    What partnered teams are almost always guaranteed to get scanned each year ??

Liverpool
    City
    PSG
    Spurs
    R. Madrid
    At. Madrid ?

Anyone else ?

H. Elliot
    Camavinga (scan)
    A. Lunin
    N. Mendes
    Messi (scan)
    C. Romero
    R. Bentancur
    Emerson R
    R de Paul ?
    Reinildo ?
    T. Minamino

These would be the players almost guaranteed to have new scans.

How likely are At. Madrid to get scanned they are partnered right ?

Sadly no German or Italian teams.

And sadly not all partnered teams get scanned each year which is criminal imagine we got all the following rescanned each season.

Ajax
    PSV
    Marseille
    Lyon
    Porto
    Benfica

Antony
    L. Martinez
    J. Timber
    R. Cherki
    R. Faivre
    C. Lukeba
    Taremi
    F. Vieira
    Everton
    Verrissimo
    D. Goncalves
    D. Nunez
    Yarmechuk

Would have all been scanned.

Just a pity.

All the above will most likely be generic. Maybe an Antony custom if we are lucky.

Shocking really.
  • mickjacobjr
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fantastic result!

Camavinga custom is awful
  • Guruoffooty
    COME ON FORREST
  • Futbol22
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fantastic result!

Camavinga custom is awful

It’s as good as generic to me. Disgraceful if EA keep it and haven’t scanned him.
  • Futbol22
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA has form for sticking with customs even when we know they have scanned the player - ex. Alisson - but I’d hope Kulusevski gets updated with a spurs scan
  • Futbol22
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 29
    What partnered teams are almost always guaranteed to get scanned each year ??

Liverpool
    City
    PSG
    Spurs
    R. Madrid
    At. Madrid ?

Anyone else ?

H. Elliot
    Camavinga (scan)
    A. Lunin
    N. Mendes
    Messi (scan)
    C. Romero
    R. Bentancur
    Emerson R
    R de Paul ?
    Reinildo ?
    T. Minamino

These would be the players almost guaranteed to have new scans.

How likely are At. Madrid to get scanned they are partnered right ?

Sadly no German or Italian teams.

And sadly not all partnered teams get scanned each year which is criminal imagine we got all the following rescanned each season.

Ajax
    PSV
    Marseille
    Lyon
    Porto
    Benfica

Antony
    L. Martinez
    J. Timber
    R. Cherki
    R. Faivre
    C. Lukeba
    Taremi
    F. Vieira
    Everton
    Verrissimo
    D. Goncalves
    D. Nunez
    Yarmechuk

Would have all been scanned.

Just a pity.

All the above will most likely be generic. Maybe an Antony custom if we are lucky.

Shocking really.

Real Madrid are long overdue (3-4 years) for a scan

BVB, Lyon, Ajax as well
  • Vndrew
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 29
    im potato
    Post edited by Vndrew on
  • TeamExtreme17
    Vndrew wrote: »
    Guys, have you seen this video? i dont know how reliable this is but some say this is the easportsfc beta.
    at the 0:40 you will find Alisson Becker with short hair. what do you think?
    https://youtu.be/tHBIUOd_bQAutnudf6f29cb.png

It literally says it's Tactical Football...
  • Stugg93
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Get in there Forest! City Ground in FIFA 23 and a team with lots of new scans! Happy days!
  • mickjacobjr
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Get in there Forest! City Ground in FIFA 23 and a team with lots of new scans! Happy days!

Great that they are up for Fifa but they won’t last long in the premier league poorest side to go up from playoffs in a couple of years
  • Guruoffooty
    Great stuff Forrest some positive news for fifa 23. Now please hold on to Garner and Spence so they actually get scanned. That's my only concern that someone buys Spence like spurs. And United recall Garner.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Can't wait to start a Forest CM in February 🤭
  • Guruoffooty

7/8 new faces added in December. Waiting 2 More months for the rest of them.
  • Howler19
    987 posts Professional
    Great to see Forest going up. Can't wait to play at City Ground.

Now come on Almería and Oviedo!
  • Guruoffooty
    Howler19 wrote: »

Oviedo lost out even tho they have a better goal difference? La Liga goes down to head to head sk they miss out. Shocking rule needs to change
  • ManzGOTIT
    3207 posts National Call-Up

ffs 😂
  • Howler19
    987 posts Professional
    Howler19 wrote: »

Oviedo lost out even tho they have a better goal difference? La Liga goes down to head to head sk they miss out. Shocking rule needs to change

I don't really mind the rule. Everybody knows what the tiebreaker is when they go into the season. It's a shame it didn't work out for Oviedo this time, but we got Almería up and have a 25% chance for another stadium with Tenerife in the playoffs. This is all assuming EA have plans to scan all La Liga stadiums, which to be fair is a bit unclear although I think they will.
  • kiezkopp4
    58 posts Park Captain

I mean, we'll surely wait for scans and the stadium till March 23, right?
  • Guruoffooty
    kiezkopp4 wrote: »

I mean, we'll surely wait for scans and the stadium till March 23, right?

Yes. This is their approach the last few years. So we will be left waiting months. Again I'm guessing no point buying the game until after Christmas. Still insane how this happens.
  • tommy_p_5
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm hoping they can shift the update back towards November like it originally was, I think covid was a huge factor in the move, with restricted access to teams etc. Having said that, I think EA will keep it in Feb/March as it probably makes life easier for them, plus, a World Cup update may force it into the new year again anyway.
  • TeamExtreme17
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they can shift the update back towards November like it originally was, I think covid was a huge factor in the move, with restricted access to teams etc. Having said that, I think EA will keep it in Feb/March as it probably makes life easier for them, plus, a World Cup update may force it into the new year again anyway.

Let's just hope the game is actually playable by November when the World Cup DLC is out, or it will spoil it..