Do skills and WF let Roberto Carlos down at LM?

Wooly1203
3608 posts National Call-Up
I primarily run 352/3412 and I was thinking of picking up Carlos from Swaps over the fodder packs, but I’m still undecided. He seems a great two way player for the position, but I’m a little worried that his WF and skills would make him too predictable. I do like using skills to beat defenders, but I’d make an exception in that position to get him into my team as he’s a player I enjoyed growing up.

Anyone picked him up and can offer some insight on how he has been? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DannySTFC
    9691 posts League Winner
    Yeah, and also his dribbling is too low in general, doesn’t feel great on the ball.
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    edited May 28
    Dribbling is fine, I use Carlos myself. As for his WF it has no relevance for me. He plays down the left and uses his left. 50 goals for me from LB and people are saying his WF and dribbling are a problem? 🤣

Folk just ain't got s clue how to use him. His long shots are cracked.

People forget he has two crucial traits your Cancelo's and Co don't have.

Outside foot shot and long shot taker.

With his insane curve he scores screamers for fun if you blast them from the left side, aiming towards the right post. OP as fook and people have no club about this awesome method.
    FK's are mental, pretty much guaranteed a goal if you're half decent at them.
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional
    z1s4tiaiamfm.jpg
  • Blackpoolmonster
    5001 posts Big Money Move
    Hes terrible at LM, Mainly because when he gets into a scoring position he doesn't score 😂
    There are far more better options now than him.
  • Moxon
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 28
    99% of people don’t use skills or score with their wingers, so I’m gonna say no.
  • DannySTFC
    9691 posts League Winner
    SSL14 wrote: »
    Dribbling is fine, I use Carlos myself. As for his WF it has no relevance for me. He plays down the left and uses his left. 50 goals for me from LB and people are saying his WF and dribbling are a problem? 🤣

With his insane curve he scores screamers for fun if you blast them from the left side, aiming towards the right post. OP as fook and people have no club about this awesome method.

Everyone knows about Roberto Carlos long shots and shot power but 80 dribbling with 80 agility on a left midfielder isn’t good enough, especially with the lack of skills moves. You say his dribbling is ‘fine’ but that’s all it is, just fine, someone like Cancelo has brilliant dribbling, and with all these TOTS full backs popping up now with winger level dribbling stats, leaves Roberto Carlos miles behind them.

I’m sure scoring long range goals with him is fun but he can’t twist and turn, he can’t react to someone closing him down and he can’t get past full backs with that agility, dribbling and skill moves. Left back is more viable but he’s way too limited to play LM.
  • Recoba10
    2359 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best LM you can get in 352/3412, no joke.
    However, as full back, I think there are better options.
    In tight games, I usually replace him when I play 4 at the back.
  • Moxon
    DannySTFC wrote: »

Everyone knows about Roberto Carlos long shots and shot power but 80 dribbling with 80 agility on a left midfielder isn’t good enough, especially with the lack of skills moves. You say his dribbling is ‘fine’ but that’s all it is, just fine, someone like Cancelo has brilliant dribbling, and with all these TOTS full backs popping up now with winger level dribbling stats, leaves Roberto Carlos miles behind them.

I’m sure scoring long range goals with him is fun but he can’t twist and turn, he can’t react to someone closing him down and he can’t get past full backs with that agility, dribbling and skill moves. Left back is more viable but he’s way too limited to play LM.

Carlos is very small. Small players have decent dribbling in this game regardless of stats.
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 28
    Agree his dribbling's fine. More than fine imo. 2* wf obviously isn't ideal but a really fun card.
  • SSL14
    1145 posts Professional

Jesus dude, you're way off the mark have you even used the card?

His dribbling is good as he has a low centre of gravity due to his height. Carlos feels very nimble and is quick enough to catch your mbappes.

49 goals in less than 200 games for a fb is a phenomenal return. Here's the thing, ppl actually don't realise how op his shot power and long shots are.

They are frankly ridiculously op. If more ppl realised then they wouldn't be using Cancelo that's for sure....
  • number7rocky
    8560 posts League Winner

His dribbling is good as he has a low centre of gravity due to his height. Carlos feels very nimble and is quick enough to catch your mbappes.

49 goals in less than 200 games for a fb is a phenomenal return. Here's the thing, ppl actually don't realise how op his shot power and long shots are.

They are frankly ridiculously op. If more ppl realised then they wouldn't be using Cancelo that's for sure....

How many wins do you get in WL? Because at a reasonably high level Cancelo is so clear just for WF alone
  • Moxon
    edited May 29

How many wins do you get in WL? Because at a reasonably high level Cancelo is so clear just for WF alone

I’m sure he does fine in WL. It’s not exactly that hard to qualify and then get at least 11 wins is it? (I do it every week and I’m a 39 year old with terrible reflexes). And PIM Carlos is a great card, just because there might be better players for attacking positions doesn’t mean he is useless.
  • number7rocky
    8560 posts League Winner
    Moxon wrote: »

I’m sure he does fine in WL. It’s not exactly that hard to qualify and then get at least 11 wins is it? (I do it every week and I’m a 39 year old with terrible reflexes). And PIM Carlos is a great card, just because there might be better players for attacking positions doesn’t mean he is useless.

I never said he was useless , but Cancelo is clear , if your aiming for 11 wins you can use a couple nostalgia cards and get away with it.

Personally I wouldn’t touch a 2*WF on a card if he’s going to be attacking alot for me, against better opponents and at high elo WF in attacking positions can be crucial.