How's your weekend league going?-Week 34

Comments

• JakeH
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really need some decent tactics and formations but an average player lol.
  • madlion
    3203 posts National Call-Up
    There's nothing more annoying than playing a 0-0 quitter after you get a few of your shots blocked and then next game you face a pro doing rtg on his second account. At this point I just take a half an hour break whenever I get quit at a draw.

• Kaptentegel
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    4222 or 352 with this team. Going to start later today and 9 wins is my goal as usual. Good luck to you all and have a nice weekend.
    Screenshot-20220528-075449-FUTBIN.jpg
  • JakeH
    4222 or 352 with this team. Going to start later today and 9 wins is my goal as usual. Good luck to you all and have a nice weekend.

How’s 4222 doing for you? I seem to be getting worse at this game the more it goes on. :D

4222 used to be one of my favourite formations but not tried it for a while.

• AnderssonLux
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hello everyone!

After some decent pack luck 🍀, I’m currently running the following (mainly) untradable team, with Militao the only tradable player, and waiting for Ligue 1 TOTS prices to settle down a bit in order to add two more 🇫🇷 players in attack.

With Nkunku and Marquinhos being able to play several positions, switching between 5212, 352, 41212 and 4222 (Marquinhos CDM / Nkunku CAM).

fl9pbdo64fyy.jpeg

Best of luck to everyone!
  • strings79
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite
    9hddgh8c614z.jpg

for the first time in a while i have a new player welcome Verratti 😁 not sure if im playing this week if i do it will be Monday. Good luck everyone.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14727 posts World Class
    madlion wrote: »
    There's nothing more annoying than playing a 0-0 quitter after you get a few of your shots blocked and then next game you face a pro doing rtg on his second account. At this point I just take a half an hour break whenever I get quit at a draw.

Good advice
  • BadSeedsFC
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    Good morning, brothers!

Thanks to the master @abhreebhu_45 for setting up our weekly space to share our happiness and frustration during one of the most sweaty Champs of the year. Yes, the muppets are in the reds. And no, the sweatiness doesn't count to get them.

We're back with our usual set up during this weekend. Strikers on drift wide and get in behind, Odegaard get forward, Vieira stays back, the ponytail guru on balanced and Cole joining the attack. All tactics on balanced, mid depth:

Screenshot-2022-05-28-10-11-53-261.jpg

Same formation with constant pressure, high depth and both fullbacks joining the attack as attacking set up. Wenger's 4 4 2 (with Saka on the right and Freddie on the left) as Plan B. And a 5 2 1 2 to save close results.

The bench welcomes Martinelli, a deadly super sub who comes in for Henry in almost every game during the second half:

Screenshot-2022-05-28-10-12-04-022.jpg

And that's about it. Will be happy with a red Guendouzi or Saliba. My William is tradeable (super cheap). It would be nice to get some coins back.

Good luck, play fair and have fun, lads! May the sweat be with you. ⚡⚽
  • Buzzbuzz
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gameplay is actually decent today! Nice and smooth

I'm currently 4-1.

Just played a guy who scored two crappy, scrappy goals in the first half then just got bailed out by Varane auto blocking and his Allison making about 10 saves.

I get it back to 2-2 in the 90th minute and he fecking quits

I hate this community
  • Kaptentegel
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 28
    JakeH wrote: »

How’s 4222 doing for you? I seem to be getting worse at this game the more it goes on. :D

4222 used to be one of my favourite formations but not tried it for a while.

Its ok but nothing really works like it used to for me but these formation works least worse for me at the moment. I also got 41212 2 and 4231 as backup formations depending on how my opponent play.
  • DannySTFC
    9670 posts League Winner
    edited May 28
    5-0

Everything is clicking. Tactics feel amazing, every player is performing, responsive, pressing, well positioned, makes you wonder why in some games they do the complete opposite!

3 of the 5 have been tight to be fair, think I’ve had higher XG in all of them though, but had I come out with a loss from 1 of those 3 I couldn’t really complain. The other 2 comfortable rage quits.

Modric has been great so far, Cruyff being Cruyff, Vieira and Lahm are a joke alongside Modric.

Just waiting for elo to kick in now, going to be tough then. Just hope my team stays reactive and dynamic like they are now and I lose to actual good players instead of having those losses when you’re team crumble for no reason against average opponents.

Edit: 6-0, rage quit, I was actually only 3-2 ahead when he left but he had 1.2 XG and I had 5.4, the most dominant performance I’ve had yet this weekend. Next game my app crashed during the loading screen, fortunately hasn’t gone down as a loss, I’m going to play until I lose then take a break.
  • Burchy
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played two last night lost both. I’ll play some more today,

Hoping my new Cruyff will pull something out the bag 😂

I playing either 4231 or 41212(2)

uexcrsnzyerv.png
  • GTaylor
    1109 posts Professional
    11-7

Lafont and Guendouzi...rubbish.
  • SStubbs88
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Started 0-2. Pointless playing today.

Takes so long to actually do whatever I'm pressing on the controller. Shots closed down by the keeper, passes intercepted, tackles happening after the player has ran past mine, while I'm wondering when the player is going to do what I press.

I have just seen something I never have before though. My defender was shoulder to shoulder with his striker. I've pressed pass when he must have pressed shoot. My defender has kicked it to pass it towards my other centre half and its hit the strikers foot as he was shooting and went flying in.

Also had Donnaruma outjumped by 5'9 Allan inside the 6 yard box.

• JakeH
    No idea what formation and tactics to try save my WL. Anything I have tried in rivals seems to be falling apart in WL
  • I SiR MartY I
    14842 posts Has That Special Something
    My team for this weekend, was going to run Fabinho in CB, drop Dias and put Fred in DM instead, but gonna give Fabinho a proper try at DM before deciding between him or Fred

pb9w46icmb34.png

Aiming for the usual 11 wins, but will see how I get on, with Mbappe, Neymar AND Messi up for grabs, its going to be hell this weekend

How much chem is rodry starting with. I’m trying to make it work with him as a starter but I can’t get it to work.

7, I start him as a RF at ST

o3hj8da0t0vv.png
  • Bobo23
    4813 posts National Call-Up
    Will hopefully get my games done this afternoon and stop at 11
    cn07ethiqzbu.jpg
  • SStubbs88
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All someone has to do is sprint towards Captain Chiellini since he stands like a statue while they run past. Every single time.
  • Hammer316
    4076 posts National Call-Up
    1-0 will start properly tomorrow. Pedri, Felix and acuna in. Pedri is the stand out great card.

8lXzT7e.jpeg
  • abhreebhu_45
    14727 posts World Class
    edited May 28
    So finally qualified n it wasn't easy to be fair,,went 4-2 after 2 losses in a row,something that has never happened before n none of my wins were easy,,1 was a penalty shootout n 2 needed extra time,,,barring one game,I dominated XG in all other 5,but opposition GKs made streams of saves against my headers,while any random cross n volley against me wld go in,,,target men are in for a very frustrating set of matches judging by it

That's the team

n7a56rq7eol8.jpg

In game

1s9s033m8sf4.jpg

2 new additions to the team,,club captain Ballack arrives n even though he feels very bulky on the ball n lacks pace n dribbling to keep up with dribblers,his tackles are unreal n he dominates aerial proceedings,so I can spam lob passes from anywhere now with zero tension of winning a duel,,his long passing is also fantastic n both him n Vieira switch attacks at will with those homing 🚀,,that R foot of his is very venomous too

Cr7 makes his debut n although he started ok in playoffs(3 goals in 3),he just cldn't win a header today(in 2 games),,his pace is something though as he beats most top tier defenders in 1 on 1 situations,also he missed a sitter(hit the bar) which made me question his role in the club,,,if the frustration of losing aerial battles continue,he might b benched midway for Tammy

Weghorst is underperforming n giroud carried me in those tough games

Bench

yvk4i65ictud.jpg

Felix is unreal n if the headers won't work,wld expect him to do some magic
    Kostic comes for alli to spam crosses from both sides
    Post edited by abhreebhu_45 on
  • JakeH
    Might try see out the remaining games using 352. What one of these looks most stable? Feel free to chop and change players to suit. Gullit can actually be quite frustrating in laggy play!

B31-A1408-F2-E8-4981-9-BCF-34022-E4-B1-A42.jpg

38-BF344-A-E3-C0-4-CC8-ABEB-65-DB686-BD00-F.jpg

EF12-F625-B2-C9-4015-973-D-702-C76797-E8-C.jpg

• R1ckyDaMan19
    1092 posts Professional
    edited May 28
    v9mh1w3q9de7.jpg

My team, I swap Rice and Fabinho and Militao and Dias ingame, yes Rice got a red in my last game :D

Currently 3 - 1
  • JuiceTerry
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 28
    7&3 so far. Lost one I should have won, took a 5-1 hammering and lost a mad game on pens after a 6-6 draw. That was with my west ham team too, against one of the best teams you can put together.

I'll post a table later but my mixed team have lost their last 3 after going unbeaten in their first seven. Icon and Real teams could overtake them. And Ronaldo has been class so far hoping to inspire my Utd team back up the table.

So far so good. Good luck all.
  • oldboiler
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Wasn’t gonna but the lad convinced me. 8-3 so far.

It’s tough out there, every game has been against a very good player. Couple of wins on pens, couple of losses on pens. Could easily be 6-5
  • Jordonp
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    madlion wrote: »

The importance of taking breaks can’t be understated.
  • Jordonp
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 28
    5-1.

Not my strongest squad in terms of meta but I’m going for what feels more effective, regardless of player. Which means Lahm has benched TOTS De Bruyne. Da Costa has benched TAA. Vini has benched all LWs. Cantona has benched Mbappe & CR7 POTMs. Rio has benched TOTS Dias.

Even on 8 chem Fabinho is making a huge difference in my team. The ability he has to go forward gives the attack build-up much more flow than other DMs offer. Then on defence, he’s only bested I’d say by Kante. With an upgrade this card could be the best DM in the game.

zj82mvugxdzp.jpeg
  • abhreebhu_45
    14727 posts World Class
    JakeH wrote: »
    Might try see out the remaining games using 352. What one of these looks most stable? Feel free to chop and change players to suit. Gullit can actually be quite frustrating in laggy play!

B31-A1408-F2-E8-4981-9-BCF-34022-E4-B1-A42.jpg

38-BF344-A-E3-C0-4-CC8-ABEB-65-DB686-BD00-F.jpg

EF12-F625-B2-C9-4015-973-D-702-C76797-E8-C.jpg

B
  • mypetfrog
    3026 posts National Call-Up
    First game, get penalty, guys CB gets red carded. He quits before I can take it.

Second game, my XG much higher, he gets player sent off, and game switches to help. I can't make a single successful pass and nothing but hitting the post. He wins 6-5 in extra time.

Give me strength.
  • Freefolk
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 28
    Afternoon lads!

Will be kicking off with this shortly, same team eased through qualifiers yesterday so hoping for a good weekend

Plays like this 99% of the time unless it's not working out then I'm gonna switch to 442 with Gullit up top :)

0ld2t74cdzy6.jpg

Edit: like this, looks pretty fun actually

eqo9th8egmyk.jpg
  • oldboiler
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Seeing a lot of Isco’s out there, and he’s causing me all sorts of trouble