Roberto Carlos PIM

JCDRANZER
380 posts Sunday League Hero
How good is he?

If you had him, would you sell him to buy Cancelo TOTS?

Comments

  • SuperJames9005
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh, there're a lot of hypes around TOTY/TOTS Cancelo and I did have his TOTS red. But tbh, I found TOTS Acuna as good if not better. And PIM Carlos is an amazing LB.
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    I loved PIM RC last year - had amazing almost cheat code FKs. Medium distance, point it in the top corner, full power and it went in "regularly". Not even scored one this year.

    Was lucky to get TOTS Davies and if I did not need the chem, RC would be on the bench (untradeable from Icon Swaps).
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    edited May 24
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    pqezgg4q4lt5.jpg
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    d5662fie4iem.jpg


    The team I'm using him in. A goal in every 3/4 games.
  • KSYM72
    1124 posts Professional
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.
  • Recoba10
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    JCDRANZER wrote: »
    How good is he?

    If you had him, would you sell him to buy Cancelo TOTS?

    Very fun card to use, very good LB but excellent LM.
    If you never scored a free kick before, be sure that it will change as soon as R.Carlos will join your team. Si easy to score from short distance, it should also be doable from long distance I just don't know how to do it :p
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Wish mine did that! Will have to load him up a few more times and see how it goes
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    edited May 24
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Yup just like those but from a good 10/15metres further outside the box.

    Something very nostalgic and pleasing when they go in like you say.

    It's obvious alot of people whom have or had Carlos don't try and smash the ball in, because RC3 scores at a surprisingly high rate for a fb.
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    SSL14 wrote: »
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Yup just like those but from a good 10/15metres further outside the box.

    Something very nostalgic and pleasing when they go in like you say.

    It's obvious alot of people whom have or had Carlos don't try and smash the ball in, because RC3 scores at a surprisingly high rate for a fb.

    Anything special apart from loading up the power and letting rip? BTW what chemistry on him? Have anchor on him at the moment, and wondering if I should switch to something like Hawk to bump up the shooting some more.

    On FKs, last year, it was just power up and point top corner and that was it. Not working this year.
  • Goodgod10
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Swaying towards taking him over fodder packs. Should I?
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    edited May 25
    chiholam wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Yup just like those but from a good 10/15metres further outside the box.

    Something very nostalgic and pleasing when they go in like you say.

    It's obvious alot of people whom have or had Carlos don't try and smash the ball in, because RC3 scores at a surprisingly high rate for a fb.

    Anything special apart from loading up the power and letting rip? BTW what chemistry on him? Have anchor on him at the moment, and wondering if I should switch to something like Hawk to bump up the shooting some more.

    On FKs, last year, it was just power up and point top corner and that was it. Not working this year.

    If you aim towards the top right (facing you) corner of the goal and hit the power bar up to around 3/4 then enjoy watching the missle fly through the air whilst it ricochets in off the bar or flys past the keeper. It feels special when you get it right. (Casillas gets beat so much on these due to his low height).

    A proper omg did that really just go in kinda moment. And you know the opponent is thinking the same because 9 times outta 10 they watch the replay too.😆
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    SSL14 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Yup just like those but from a good 10/15metres further outside the box.

    Something very nostalgic and pleasing when they go in like you say.

    It's obvious alot of people whom have or had Carlos don't try and smash the ball in, because RC3 scores at a surprisingly high rate for a fb.

    Anything special apart from loading up the power and letting rip? BTW what chemistry on him? Have anchor on him at the moment, and wondering if I should switch to something like Hawk to bump up the shooting some more.

    On FKs, last year, it was just power up and point top corner and that was it. Not working this year.

    If you aim towards the top right (facing you) corner of the goal and hit the power bar up to around 3/4 then enjoy watching the missle fly through the air whilst it ricochets in off the bar or flys past the keeper. It feels special when you get it right. (Casillas gets beat so much on these due to his low height).

    A proper omg did that really just go in kinda moment. And you know the opponent is thinking the same because 9 times outta 10 they watch the replay too.😆

    Awesome going to give that a go. Been sticking with 4312 (LB) recently, but will go with my 352 (him as LWB) and see if I can get him in that zone more often.
  • Thedudeabides
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thinking of taking him from swaps, Does he have his custom long run up on free kicks?
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    chiholam wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    SSL14 wrote: »
    His shooting, free kick, crosses and runs to support the attack are cracked. Ridiculously op.

    No word of a lie try smashing some long shots in from the left side just outside the bottom right corner of the box.

    It's a goal on many efforts. I've had many people inbox me praising Carlos after his in games for me. Anyone that says different honestly doesn't know how to play to his strengths.

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444188

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/symmo-whu/video/158444233

    Something like these?!

    I've not used Cancelo but would say he's definitely better overall than RC3, but nothing Cancelo can do will make me smile like scoring outside the boot rockets with Bobby Carlos.

    Yup just like those but from a good 10/15metres further outside the box.

    Something very nostalgic and pleasing when they go in like you say.

    It's obvious alot of people whom have or had Carlos don't try and smash the ball in, because RC3 scores at a surprisingly high rate for a fb.

    Anything special apart from loading up the power and letting rip? BTW what chemistry on him? Have anchor on him at the moment, and wondering if I should switch to something like Hawk to bump up the shooting some more.

    On FKs, last year, it was just power up and point top corner and that was it. Not working this year.

    If you aim towards the top right (facing you) corner of the goal and hit the power bar up to around 3/4 then enjoy watching the missle fly through the air whilst it ricochets in off the bar or flys past the keeper. It feels special when you get it right. (Casillas gets beat so much on these due to his low height).

    A proper omg did that really just go in kinda moment. And you know the opponent is thinking the same because 9 times outta 10 they watch the replay too.😆

    Awesome going to give that a go. Been sticking with 4312 (LB) recently, but will go with my 352 (him as LWB) and see if I can get him in that zone more often.

    I'll get a video posted this weekend the next time I'm on FIFA and hit one of these. You'll see what I mean for future reference then.👍
  • JCDRANZER
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I packed him tradable from one of the packs in the 93+ PIM sbc. He replaced my SD Zinchenko, I'm going to hold onto to him for a little bit.
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just an update - and appreciate it's "only" SBs, but to mitigate the boredom of Icon Swaps , have been using RC at LM and have been trying this out.

    Again, caveat that it's SB, but even on WC against the TOTW squad, RC's outside of the foot reverse swerve shots are brilliant! Yes, they don't go in all the time, but enough of the time that it's going to be an extra thing to try in online games this WL.

    Had one in the TOTW that pinged in off the stanchion, and no way any keeper at any level would have stopped that. Of course, that's not to say a real player won't get wise to the move, but maybe the odd few would be awesome in WL.

    Just never tried this kind of shot from him before, and it's going to be fun.

    Now, if only I can get him to blast in his FKs from medium range (and @Thedudeabides no, there's no stupid long distant run up unfortunately). They worked last year, but not as much this year.
  • SSL14
    1122 posts Professional
    edited May 26
    chiholam wrote: »
    Just an update - and appreciate it's "only" SBs, but to mitigate the boredom of Icon Swaps , have been using RC at LM and have been trying this out.

    Again, caveat that it's SB, but even on WC against the TOTW squad, RC's outside of the foot reverse swerve shots are brilliant! Yes, they don't go in all the time, but enough of the time that it's going to be an extra thing to try in online games this WL.

    Had one in the TOTW that pinged in off the stanchion, and no way any keeper at any level would have stopped that. Of course, that's not to say a real player won't get wise to the move, but maybe the odd few would be awesome in WL.

    Just never tried this kind of shot from him before, and it's going to be fun.

    Now, if only I can get him to blast in his FKs from medium range (and @Thedudeabides no, there's no stupid long distant run up unfortunately). They worked last year, but not as much this year.

    Yes my man you're getting it. His swerve shots from the left are insane. A gamechanger tbh because most opponents will never expect it.

    My word, when they go in you feel like jumping out your chair 😆
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    SSL14 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    Just an update - and appreciate it's "only" SBs, but to mitigate the boredom of Icon Swaps , have been using RC at LM and have been trying this out.

    Again, caveat that it's SB, but even on WC against the TOTW squad, RC's outside of the foot reverse swerve shots are brilliant! Yes, they don't go in all the time, but enough of the time that it's going to be an extra thing to try in online games this WL.

    Had one in the TOTW that pinged in off the stanchion, and no way any keeper at any level would have stopped that. Of course, that's not to say a real player won't get wise to the move, but maybe the odd few would be awesome in WL.

    Just never tried this kind of shot from him before, and it's going to be fun.

    Now, if only I can get him to blast in his FKs from medium range (and @Thedudeabides no, there's no stupid long distant run up unfortunately). They worked last year, but not as much this year.

    Yes my man you're getting it. His swerve shots from the left are insane. A gamechanger tbh because most opponents will never expect it.

    My word, when they go in you feel like jumping out your chair 😆

    Yeah I know what you mean. I just need that to happen on the 92nd minute in a crucial WL game!

    Going to be greedy and see if I can work out the FKs now!
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just wanted to re-comment on this post and say thank you to @SSL14 . If anyone is in any doubts, don't.

    Left footed shot from outside the box. Give it a welly.

    Elite Rivals - on the left, about 15 yards outside of box, but just inside the line of the edge of the box, onto RC, one touch, stepped inside a defender. Left foot outside foot curler over Courtious flailing hand. Not quite top corner, but still unstoppable.

    2nd goal - rolled to RC running in. Still outside the box, but this time, only about 5 yards out. Also just outside the line edge of the side of the box. RC running in, thought why not. First time strike. Started way outside the post, curled just inside the post and nestled in after hitting the side of the net. Keeper wasn't even close.

    2-0 up in 15 minutes - from shots I would ordinarily would not even think of trying. Wonderful.
  • Goodgod10
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do this or fodder packs?
  • chiholam
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did it from Icon Swaps - safest guaranteed decent end game player.
  • PaulDr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    I have struggled with him to the point of thinking I'd been given the wrong card. He doesn't have the long run up custom animation, barely looks like him and positionally he is all over the place. Always got on OK with him in past fifas.
  • Saiber_Summia
    3196 posts National Call-Up
    Is there a tutorial how to score with free kicks? I never try the direct shot but instead pass to a second player. Would appreciate if a good tutorial would be available
  • Jordonp
    3191 posts National Call-Up
    Is there a tutorial how to score with free kicks? I never try the direct shot but instead pass to a second player. Would appreciate if a good tutorial would be available

    If you’re within 28 yards just aim near post and power 75%. With R Carlos it’s going in at least 50% if they aren’t guarding
  • Saiber_Summia
    3196 posts National Call-Up
    Jordonp wrote: »
    Is there a tutorial how to score with free kicks? I never try the direct shot but instead pass to a second player. Would appreciate if a good tutorial would be available

    If you’re within 28 yards just aim near post and power 75%. With R Carlos it’s going in at least 50% if they aren’t guarding

    Thanks.
    Even if the “circle” is way bigger than usual and covers area outside the post?
Sign In or Register to comment.