Scoring from kick off with ST

Grahammbe2
1318 posts Play-Off Hero
Everyone ive played tonight is doing it and celebrated if they did score?

Comments

• JGDC74
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    Then quit before they score. That’s what I do. If everyone else did the same they wouldn’t try it.
    A shame nobody wants to play football anymore.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve taken to just fouling with one of my strikers seems to work well

Sometimes even gives opponent an injury which is a nice touch
  • Carbonite922
    187 posts Sunday League Hero
    I understand your frustration. Just break their legs.
  • Wonderkiid
    2958 posts Fans' Favourite
    Many try, almost no one pulls if off. Never really get why they keep trying it
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

Because if you have really bad delay your defensive AI pushes your defence up a yard just as they are accelerating through...gifting them a goal.

So if you try it every game I guess you'll get a poor connection disadvantage person now and then.
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't see the problem the game has begun the aim is to score not to please your opponent by playing how they want you to play
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I've had it loads tonight - lots of tackling them and my defenders just fall over or the ball rebounds back into their path and they keep going.

In fairness I've fought fire with fire and scored quite a few just running from KO and wiggling the left stick until I get through.

Really, really stupid.
  • FifaProDK
    2137 posts Fans' Favourite

You are already half way through on goal thats why.
  • GitGood
    906 posts Semi-Pro
    To defend it, just don’t press sprint…I absolutely hate opponent that plays like that, it almost feels like cheating.
  • JakeH
    3466 posts National Call-Up

Because if you have really bad delay your defensive AI pushes your defence up a yard just as they are accelerating through...gifting them a goal.

So if you try it every game I guess you'll get a poor connection disadvantage person now and then.

I had this last night. The guy scored 3 kick off goals. I tried fouling bring players back but every time his striker was just 1 step ahead. Have not really had it that bad before!

• FoxDie
    81 posts Park Captain
    Slide tackle. I break all sorts of legs when people try that ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • otutsarTR
    466 posts Sunday League Hero

I am located in turkey, and best playing with 48 ms ping, exactly above happens to me, 1 out 3 is a goal conceded while defence is frozen at kick off and decides to step up while the oppoent is dribbling towards my goal
  • SStubbs88
    600 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have this all the time. If I miss tackling them with one of my CMs at kick off they'll sprint towards my defender who stands there facing them. They sprint past him and by the time you've turned them round the strikers scored.

Don't think it's in the game for a player to stand side on. Which is a bit stupid.
  • rezyy
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    This is really easy to defend, whoever your controlling don’t go to them, stay 3 yards back away from them and 2nd man press, you might need switch to cb or keep switching the 2nd man press player, eventually they will just run in to one of your players or you will see an opportunity to take the ball with the player your controlling
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    I defend those atemps waiting for a mistake with my CDM. If they pass him, I try to block them with one of my CBs. Most of the time it works. But sometimes they pass and score. I don't rage. I start my build up play, and when I score again, they receive my neighborhood celebration. And then a 30 seconds pause because I need to drink some water and prepare myself to the next attempt of a kick off goal. Rinse and repeat.
  • Sctt78
    1311 posts Professional
    I defend these all day every day but this morning the gameplay was so rank I actually conceded 2 in one game. I usually grab control of toty Kante and 2nd man press with FS Bellingham and also activate offside press - this is always effective against people who spam the kick off goal attempt except for today. The gameplay was so bad that the 2nd man press was too slow and jockeying was completely out of sync, add to that delayed right stick switching and defenders taking an age to activate even when switched too and I ended up shopping two. Needless to say I switched off straight after the game. Fifa 22 the connection lottery strikes again.
  • Grahammbe2
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very true
  • dazco
    455 posts An Exciting Prospect
    12346789 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem the game has begun the aim is to score not to please your opponent by playing how they want you to play
    Awwww, no-one's biting
    Poor wickle troll

• kim111
    90 posts Park Captain
    The game reward abusers and punish people who try to build normal attacks and to defend manually
  • Grahammbe2
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    kim111 wrote: »
    The game reward abusers and punish people who try to build normal attacks and to defend manually

Spot on
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    dazco wrote: »
    12346789 wrote: »
    Awwww, no-one's biting
    Poor wickle troll

Wasn't trolling. It's a video game with what 6 min each half?