Comments

• BadSeedsFC
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 10
    200.gif
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    Long time coming, the only one that really misses out is FIFA, maybe if EA don’t have to pay hundreds of millions for the naming rights they will be less greedy and make the top cards more accessible? I guess one can dream.
  • Boysie91
    15594 posts World Class
    This is it now football games are going to die out just look how bad PES turned out to be and the rest will do the same mark my words.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15987 posts World Class
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    This is it now football games are going to die out just look how bad PES turned out to be and the rest will do the same mark my words.

Nah, EA are just dropping the FIFA name as FIFA the org want too much money. It'll be the same game.

PES is dire because Konami pretty much given up on console gaming, pretty sure PES is the only one they still make as it has some sort of fan base and makes money with its ripoff fut mode and dont have to put much effort in, I mean they added long passes an an add on to the game :joy: Konami's focus is those gacha/mobile games with hundreds of microtransactions as it makes bank in Asia.

There are 2 other football games in development, one seems like a genuine game with some good ideas and wants to build up a game to challenge EA, the other sounds like its based on milking idiots for all their money (so another FIFA loool)

Gonna have more choices for football games, just depends on whether or not the developers of those games actually give football fans what they want
  • RadioShaq
    20563 posts Moderator
    There is going to be what 4 or 5 new games coming out. They all need microtransactions to survive so they will all eat each other which will help ea. it’s a bad time that they are all releasing at the same time and no way will the market support all of them.
  • Boysie91
    15594 posts World Class

Nah, EA are just dropping the FIFA name as FIFA the org want too much money. It'll be the same game.

PES is dire because Konami pretty much given up on console gaming, pretty sure PES is the only one they still make as it has some sort of fan base and makes money with its ripoff fut mode and dont have to put much effort in, I mean they added long passes an an add on to the game :joy: Konami's focus is those gacha/mobile games with hundreds of microtransactions as it makes bank in Asia.

There are 2 other football games in development, one seems like a genuine game with some good ideas and wants to build up a game to challenge EA, the other sounds like its based on milking idiots for all their money (so another FIFA loool)

Gonna have more choices for football games, just depends on whether or not the developers of those games actually give football fans what they want

They're all going free to play apparently and look how much PES changed going free to play. The funds won't be in the game they will need to make money from DLC before they will improve the game especially the way EA are with money.

These other football games supposedly out to destroy PES/Fifa won't have the financial backup to compete and will be a huge let down.
  • EdgySam
    471 posts Sunday League Hero

They're all going free to play apparently and look how much PES changed going free to play. The funds won't be in the game they will need to make money from DLC before they will improve the game especially the way EA are with money.

These other football games supposedly out to destroy PES/Fifa won't have the financial backup to compete and will be a huge let down.

At least EA have a decent volume of players and engine to build on. Konami look like they made e football as a college project 😂 EA know they make billions off FUT anyway which if they make the game free even more people will be able to buy points/packs
  • CeeQue
    15385 posts World Class
    The thing is they shouldn't have use micro transactions. But that's what EA wants. It saves them from paying FIFA.
  • The_giant616
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is the time for all of the people who moan about fut, and not playing the other games because of no naming rights, to make a stand. They won’t though.
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1438 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jesus I want to like PES but it's actually horrible. Hopefully UFL is decent but not got my hopes up. Unless there's massive changes to next-gen think I'll avoid the next EA game.
  • JakeH
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa says it plans to release its own rival games, saying: "The Fifa name is the only global, original title."
  • Korthan
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    This is insanely interesting to me now, if fifa plan to hire a new studio to compete with EA in the future then EA are going to be forced to improve their title, servers, game in general to be able to compete with the already world recognised "FIFA" brand

We could actually see massive improvements for the general playerbase going forward but who knows, could just end up being both games suck instead of just 1
  • truegunn3r
    13551 posts World Class
    edited May 10
    It’s not happening until Summer 2023 so Fifa 24 will be called EA Sports FC. Next game is called FIFA 23

4aom8a3nvja0.jpeg
    hsghjbm19sbq.jpeg
  • Grahammbe2
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably have players like Ryan Figgis and Messy hair
  • Jordonp
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    Please please please keep Fifa 22 running until summer 23 🙏
  • Diem
    1132 posts Professional
    Grahammbe2 wrote: »
    Probably have players like Ryan Figgis and Messy hair

They'll still have the players unless the licence with FIFPro expires. That's arguably the most valuable IP, since the withdrawal of the four Italian team names is barely noticeable (although would be interested in the views of the fans of those teams)
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero

Lol PES was on life support even before they went free to play, and they tried to make major changes to the game at the same time which they didn’t have resources for.

We don’t know what will happen but EA is in a completely different position to Konami.
  • GitGood
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    FIFA is just bluffing they will end up running back to EA..
  • Ledesale
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa ends up loosing in this situation, EA still has deals with many leagues, teams and players so not much will change for the game except for the title and not being able to use the major tournaments like world cup mode etc. I don't think any developer will be willing to pay the amount fifa wants for the licence if they have to compete with an already established EA fan base.
  • RayS
    37534 posts International Superstar
    Whut

"FIFA said it plans to create a "new gaming model" and cited the recent launch of its streaming service FIFA+.

"I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans," FIFA president Gianni Infantino said in the statement."

ESPN: FIFA, EA Sports to end video game partnership; game to continue under new name.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/4662729/fifaea-sports-to-end-video-game-partnership-game-to-continue-under-new-name
  • EdgySam
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s not happening until Summer 2023 so Fifa 24 will be called EA Sports FC. Next game is called FIFA 23

4aom8a3nvja0.jpeg
    hsghjbm19sbq.jpeg

I know that's why I said next year and fifa 23 will be the last with the name 👍
  • nickp91
    7 posts Ball Boy
    how much it hurts me that fifa 23 is the last fifa game