This game is actually now just bad!

Nickthegreek20
2855 posts National Call-Up
And it’s mostly down to the community.

Yes drop back is a choice. Just spamming through balls is a choice.

This game has potential. But is ruined by every body choosing this way to play. It’s so boring facing cardboard copy opponents every game.

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Yeah i said this in another thread, its got REALLY bad this week especially, almost every game feels insanely negative compared to previous weeks and its very quickly becoming less fun to play, will most probably sack the game off after TOTS if it continues tbh
  • TheMightyBee
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone wants the easy option and easy win. It’s depressing how many people just jump to it like sheep, probably over 90%.
  • Bobo23
    5646 posts Big Money Move
    TOTS always brings out the worst in the FIFA community
  • Blytz
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah, but don’t you find it hilarious when sheeple only know how to copy instructions and can’t work out what’s going wrong when you ping the ball across you back 4 and they are retreating to their box? Player at least 2 of them at the weekend
  • Wonderkiid
    2958 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who on earth plays drop back and through balls?

But Lets be honest here. People who like to complain will complain about anything. 3 ATB, 5atb, 442, 4231, drop back, full pressure, possession, wingplay...

The only playing style this community likes to play against is a playing style they van consistently beat
  • Nickthegreek20
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

But Lets be honest here. People who like to complain will complain about anything. 3 ATB, 5atb, 442, 4231, drop back, full pressure, possession, wingplay...

The only playing style this community likes to play against is a playing style they van consistently beat

The majority of the community at the minute mate. It may not be drop back, but it’s deffo low depth and 6 on stay back. Then launch it upfield straight away. Mind numbing.

I’m all for variety. This ain’t it.
  • JakeH
    3467 posts National Call-Up

The majority of the community at the minute mate. It may not be drop back, but it’s deffo low depth and 6 on stay back. Then launch it upfield straight away. Mind numbing.

What formation do you use?

• Neymar10101
    826 posts Semi-Pro
    The game is just awful.

Passing is awful because it doesn’t go in the direction you put it in, power is random or every pass is blocked by ai.

Player movement is horrific and needs reworking from the ground up.

Tackling is poor because after 5 successful tackles the ball still ends up in the back of your net. Ea can’t be trusted to make a good game anymore
  • Nickthegreek20
    JakeH wrote: »

What formation do you use?

41212 narrow. Been fine all year. Just not working at the minute
  • Nickthegreek20
    The exploits that people spam in this game are by far the worse they’ve been for me. I only started in 20. But give me that game or even the skill fest of last year than this broken mess.

Lofted through balls, the same three skill moves, second man press. It’s all broken. And combine the lot it’s the worst, most robotic drivel I’ve ever seen.

If I hadn’t invested this much time in the game I’d pack it in. But I do like the mini grind. Gameplay is in a sorry state of affairs though.
  • WS100889
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Imo i agree it is mostly down to the community and how toxic it as become. I mean you can't even really play a full match now with someone timewasting passing the ball around between the goalkeeper , defenders and sometimes midfielders , not playing fair matches, just constantly wasting time until the 90 minute of the match(es) , to me that is a lot worse than playing drop back e.t.c.

It's almost like your opponent(s) have to keep the ball passing it around between tge goalkeeper, defenders midfielders , doing kickups and vall rolls e.t.c. because they are scared you are actually going to beat them and can't take losing🙄.

I can take losing as long as i lose fair, not someone who keeps timewasting all match.

Also don't get me started on the servers / connection that is shocking for gameplay at the minute and EA are too lazy to do anything about it. How can you play rivals , fut champions and earn special player cards through challenges if the connection keeps lagging and your players doesn't respond in the right way you want them to , it's ridiculous. EA seriously need to start pulling their fingers out as it's become a real joke. Basically in my opinion the game is so unplayable and there is basically nothing to play for anymore, how can you have fun and enjoy the game with these servers as bad as this and online players timewasting full match(es).

Also on squad battles time and time again when the AI always finds a way to get a penalty that isn't a penalty or one of your players automatically fouls the AI even though you weren't controlling that certain player or didn't press the slide tackling button to foul him in the first place , but the AI still get awarded the penalty (and still manages to score the penalty) or when your defending to save your life and somehow the AI still goes on to score (I especially hate that in the 90th minute or last few minutes of the game then they go on to win) 😤.

There is times when i have being winning by about 2 or 3 goals and somehow the AI comes back scores one or two more than my team and goes on to win the match even though i have dominated it majority of the match.
  • GitGood
    906 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes it is boring, especially when the gameplay is one sided…it would be great if connection doesn’t decide every match.
  • WS100889
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also adding onto the thing i mentioned about online players timewasting through majority or all of the match , i also think the community as spoilt the game with the stupid "golden goal rule" especially to complete objectives quicker, either play the game fair and properly or don't play at all.

Why should i or anyone else be expected to quit if your a goal or two down , that's not how football works and you haven't earned that win like you do in a real football match. I could be wrong here , but if players want the game to be as realistic as possible well tell me how playing like that is realistic.

However if you are one or two goals down and don't quit , then like i said before, the opposition starts timewasting doing kickups , ball rolls , passing ball around between defenders, midfielders and goalkeeper the rest of match or until you leave. I'm not being funny or anything, but how is that fun to play against and how is that fair play.

I personally like to play as fair as possible and if the other person / ai as beat me fair and square then fair enough , but if the online player(s) timewaste e.t.c. or AI wins by getting stupid penalty decisions (especially in the last minute and doesn't deserve it) then that isn't fair play imo.
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it's been awful this weekend for people just sitting back letting auto-block do all the work then spamming through balls up to Mbappe or whoever.

I know I'm not great at dribbling and quick reaction stuff so always struggle to break down people who play like that but it really makes the game a tedious experience even if you can beat them.

I can take losing to a better player but most of these guys aren't good and are just letting the game's dreadful mechanics and gameplay help them out.

Custom tactics is the worst thing they ever added to the game.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    all true, but most will still pre-order FIFA 23 without even seeing gameplay. ea can't lose. They could even charge real money to enter the weekend league for better rewards, and some would pay it to play . EA struck gold with this franchise. They can serve up any old trash and it does no matter ,
  • Ben_01
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    And it’s mostly down to the community.

Yes drop back is a choice. Just spamming through balls is a choice.

This game has potential. But is ruined by every body choosing this way to play. It’s so boring facing cardboard copy opponents every game.

442 rats dropback then spam long driven passes down the wing cut back and goal then repeat worst fifa ever made last year's was bad but this dross is worse no skill to it at all anyone who thinks 442 spam wings is good has no clue about football
  • 1sneakydevil
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Until they balance the pace mechanic so it's not the only player rating that matters this game will never work as intended.
  • bigpokey24
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    Actually I have been enjoying the game a lot. Once you play it without focusing on the results. then you will enjoy it more , I think I only lost 2 matches in the last 5 days.

Also too many people just copy the same tactics they see on YouTube.

Figure out what works for you, and stick to that. I use the same tactics for 4 formations.

By the way, direct passing hinders your gameplay.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    Until they balance the pace mechanic so it's not the only player rating that matters this game will never work as intended.

the pace was balanced before, guess what people complained, i really want this pace thing gone
  • Jdizzle
    3161 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like they buffed AI which has lead to even more parking the bus. It's only going to get worse as people will have stacked teams who will AI defend even more.
  • Brydobhoy88
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    If a game developer creates a game with so many gameplay exploits to gain an advantage the community will use it.
    Any other games with exploits as easily abused like this and it would be patched or removed
    However its EA we are dealing with here.
  • Nickthegreek20
    Another night another session of mindless launched through balls.

I like having my wing backs on balanced but it’s just becoming a completely unviable way of playing the game. Which is really sad