The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Wonder how big that wrong offside decision will be. Clear penalty not given because of it.

Prem officials, they need VAR.
  • AaronMFC
    2679 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bad second half from Forest the better team won. Forest would be far more interesting than Bournemouth see how much this effects them in the playoffs. Ref was terrible as well.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Hughton style perfomance. Worst officials we've had all season, can clearly tell they need VAR to make the big decisions.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    You know it's bad when the officials are apologising lmao
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    The goal was absolute class though, ridiculous.
  • iHilarious
    13658 posts Has That Special Something

Not sure I’d call it ridiculous.. what was ridiculous is offering Kieffer Moore that much space, that close to the goal
  • They Caged Non
    iHilarious wrote: »

Not sure I’d call it ridiculous.. what was ridiculous is offering Kieffer Moore that much space, that close to the goal

Tough though isnt it, do you take a player out of the wall to mark him? and let Billings have space to score?

• iHilarious
    iHilarious wrote: »

Tough though isnt it, do you take a player out of the wall to mark him? and let Billings have space to score?

How many were in the wall? He can’t go up & over from that distance realistically
  • NornIron
    15540 posts World Class
    lundstram inducted into the Rangers hall of fame .
  • Dizzy Bala
    All the predictors seem to be picking Johnson and Worrall for Team of the Season. Kind of hoping for Spence as well.
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    lundstram inducted into the Rangers hall of fame .

Made in Oxford
    12765875.jpg
  • AaronMFC
    Come on Boro, Fulham and Reading. Is Luton v Reading the only game on sky or are there red button games does anyone know.
  • AaronMFC
    Never mind not watching us again for a few months might not be the worst thing the way we have ended the season.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    It's a good old fashioned Forest bottle job coming.
  • strings79
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mental Hull getting that last minute equaliser . Luton will not be easy in the playoffs but absolutely made up with how we have done this season totally expected us to struggle hugely.
  • They Caged Non
    Never mind not watching us again for a few months might not be the worst thing the way we have ended the season.

It didn’t matter in the end anyway mate but it’s all about our complete lack of being able to get up for a game isn’t it, it’s been an issue for years and has shown on several occasions this season when nailing a playoff place was within grasp.
  • AaronMFC

It didn’t matter in the end anyway mate but it’s all about our complete lack of being able to get up for a game isn’t it, it’s been an issue for years and has shown on several occasions this season when nailing a playoff place was within grasp.

Yeah when we threw so many opportunities away cant really complain. We just didnt deserve it in the end.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Well that EFL TOTS is a bit meh
  • iHilarious
    I just wanted a big Dickie

At least you got Djed!
  • iHilarious
    The lack of Ross Stewart is criminal
  • Dizzy Bala
    Brennan was robbed!
  • iHilarious
    Unless I’m missing something only Fulham got more than one - & that’s understandable
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    edited May 8
    Bazunu was also robbed
    I mean three teams already trying to sign him to start in the prem next season, including one who had a contender for GK of the season in the championship but nope no TOTS
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    I find the whole thing weird though, quite a lot of those players are arguably the third best or so for their team
    I mean I thought Ihiekwe and Smith were better for Rotherham, could have been Worrall/Johnson over Spence, Whatmough won Wigan POTY etc
  • WFCBagnall
    95952 posts Moderator
    Kane Wilson being the League 2 Player of the Year and not getting in has to be the biggest one

Happens every year though with them messing up TOTS
  • They Caged Non
    I don’t get how they don’t fill the bench up when picking players from 3 leagues?
  • strings79
    2410 posts Fans' Favourite
    No Lee Nicholls absolute travesty
  • Handy Andy
    6332 posts Big Money Move
    Fitting that the peak of the champ season still has the same disgraceful refereeing standards
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Fitting that the peak of the champ season still has the same disgraceful refereeing standards

Prem officials, useless without VAR backing them up.
  • Handy Andy
    6332 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Prem officials, useless without VAR backing them up.

Champ officials been shocking week in week out regardless