The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    Looking like 83 points needed to get play offs in league one this year
    Absolute madness, we’ve had a really good finish to potentially get to 76 points (like 10 wins in the last 15/16 games or so) and we still aren’t close
    Absolutely insane
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone else not looking forward to having Scousers in the lounge :D
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    I’m sure they won’t fancy it
    But like when Lard didn’t fancy the prem lounge because he knew the Blades were only off for a short stay
  • iHilarious
    13658 posts Has That Special Something

Better to have the blue side than the red!
  • They Caged Non
    iHilarious wrote: »

Better to have the blue side than the red!

Hahaha yeah, we don’t want a load of childish Indonesian trolls who think using the name Penandes is funny.. one thing this FA cup run has taught me is just how disgusting the fanbase of big clubs is, completely sold their souls to the devil imo.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    a13e2ab46bac8960ef2404d9eec8b2d8.png
    kermit-nervous.gif
  • AaronMFC
    2679 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bournemouth v Forest will be a great watch. I'd much rather Forest went up.
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    I don’t know what Danny Cowley has done to this football club but we just wrapped up a 9th place finish and I’m absolutely buzzing and excited for next season
    God this is so much better than the ‘Kenny Jackett Experience’
  • iHilarious
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Bournemouth v Forest will be a great watch. I'd much rather Forest went up.

Would love for Forest to do it personally
  • iHilarious
    I think MK’s shakiness has cost them the auto spot - with Wigan & Rotherham having easy fixtures on Saturday

I honestly don’t know who I want to go up through the playoffs.. what are your thoughts @Hicksy2011
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    Yeh I’m not really sure either
    Just not Wycombe or Plymouth because they’d be coming straight back down for sure
    The other three could all have a decent try at staying up next season
  • They Caged Non
    Clinging on for dear life here… would love to see Forest finish 2nd and currently googling QPR shirts for Friday night.

Oh and thanks Cardiff fans, your important work to save the environment by only using one bus, is greatly appreciated.

bRKmeki.jpg

• AaronMFC
    Clinging on for dear life here… would love to see Forest finish 2nd and currently googling QPR shirts for Friday night.

Oh and thanks Cardiff fans, your important work to save the environment by only using one bus, is greatly appreciated.

bRKmeki.jpg

We're playing quite badly now, if we dont get the playoffs Im not too bothered dont think we will beat any team in them the way we are playing. I have enjoyed this season though and if we have a good summer think we could make a push next season.
  • They Caged Non

bRKmeki.jpg

We're playing quite badly now, if we dont get the playoffs Im not too bothered dont think we will beat any team in them the way we are playing. I have enjoyed this season though and if we have a good summer think we could make a push next season.

Oh yeah it was poor, we are pretty toothless and lethargic. The booing of Connolly too was pathetic from our fans and reading what he did at the end I doubt he will play again, so that’s a striker missing.
  • iHilarious
  • They Caged Non
    iHilarious wrote: »

Haha that'll do, tbh I have an old Deportivo shirt laying around somewhere, thats close enough ;)

• AaronMFC

bRKmeki.jpg

Oh yeah it was poor, we are pretty toothless and lethargic. The booing of Connolly too was pathetic from our fans and reading what he did at the end I doubt he will play again, so that’s a striker missing.

He just went down the tunnel without clapping the fans didnt he. Id expect him to play again rooting for him to score to shut some of out worst fans up.
  • They Caged Non

bRKmeki.jpg

He just went down the tunnel without clapping the fans didnt he. Id expect him to play again rooting for him to score to shut some of out worst fans up.

Some are saying he threw his shirt on the floor too, which will just make it more toxic won’t it. I left just after 90 mins to avoid the traffic so didn’t see it, only going off what social media is saying.

• AaronMFC

bRKmeki.jpg

Some are saying he threw his shirt on the floor too, which will just make it more toxic won’t it. I left just after 90 mins to avoid the traffic so didn’t see it, only going off what social media is saying.

I cant get to midweek games so only saw a picture of him going down the tunnel on twitter no idea he threw his shirt. Obviously thats disrespectful but I understand his frustration.
  • They Caged Non

bRKmeki.jpg

I cant get to midweek games so only saw a picture of him going down the tunnel on twitter no idea he threw his shirt. Obviously thats disrespectful but I understand his frustration.

Yeah I can sympathise with him, booing onto the pitch is the lowest of the low.

• Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Tuesday is going to be a hell of a game.
  • They Caged Non
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Tuesday is going to be a hell of a game.

Can’t wait mate, what it’s all about.

Boro have thrown it away in the final minute I think, that goals going to kill us.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Imagine getting promoted to the Premierleague in Hull..
  • They Caged Non
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Imagine getting promoted to the Premierleague in Hull..

Hull did once too, the shame :D
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Looking at the fixtures more closely, while I think we can beat Bournemouth, they only really need to draw to keep it in their hands. If they win, they are promoted. If we win, we will basically have to beat Hull to go up unless Bournemouth absolutely battered Millwall.

Playoffs are still likely and I do think Boro are going to sneak into 6th. I can see Preston getting beat on the last day and Sheffield United have Fulham.

Forest v. Boro and Luton v. Huddersfield are going to be the Semis I reckon.
  • They Caged Non
    All Fulham are we.
  • AaronMFC
    All Fulham are we.

Lutons goal difference isnt a problem anymore
  • AaronMFC
    On Saturday if this Fulham shows up or this Luton we have a chance. Be tough just beating Preston I reckon but glad we have something to play for.
  • They Caged Non
    On Saturday if this Fulham shows up or this Luton we have a chance. Be tough just beating Preston I reckon but glad we have something to play for.

It’s not over til the pie munching bird belts one out.

• AaronMFC
    Wonder how big that wrong offside decision will be. Clear penalty not given because of it.