Defense is TERRIBLE after last update.

GoonerSoldier
465 posts An Exciting Prospect
Once again the Defense is HORRIBLE after the last update on LegendaryDifficulty. Goalkeepers are USELESS. Defenders give attackers a RIDICULOUS amount of space resulting in terrible goals. Scores are always high. You either win 6 - 0 or the AI beats you 5 - 0 .

Please, stop catering to FUT players.

Comments

• Baki33
    13 posts Ball Boy
    I wouldn't say exactly that. Defenders are sometimes completely useless. As if he is not there or two by one players are going, the opponent gets a pass right in front of the goal.
  • Spokesman
    41 posts Park Captain
    I have noticed it too… I played a game where three defenders in front of goal just all ran off to the side for no reason… leaving the only ai attacker free in front of goal.
  • Hi - New Ball Boy here so I cannot post a question other than into an existing topic…
    I just got the game for Xbox series x and was wondering if folks here recommended playing without any of the patches or all of them. I typically only play single seasons with existing teams as a manager.
    Thanks.
  • MartyForster
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Haven't played FIFA since before xmas as it was so bad but decided to start a cm with Chelsea tonight.

PS5 Legendary difficulty. First game v Villareal in super cup I win 7-6 after ET (6-6 end of 90 mins). Villareal had 7 shots all game and scored them all including the last kick of the 90 where, much like the other goals, my 5 man defence split with the midfield nowhere to be seen allowing their striker to be free in to box from one square pass. In ET I set it to drop back, 1 player in the box, pulled the defence line all the way back and set wing backs to defend yet every time a cb had the ball the entire team would all just bomb forward so had to spend the entire ET passing it between CB's till time was up.

Next game was home v Palace. 3-0 down within the first 10 mins with the exact same goal scored where the defence splits leaving their forward free in the box. 3 shots, 3 goals.

And that is enough FIFA for me forever.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    It's time FUT and Career Mode had seperate gameplays...
  • marktko
    464 posts An Exciting Prospect
    3 months plus now since I've played. Unheard of for me in 20 plus years. Couldn't put up with the game play any longer.

Keep checking this forum for news they've fixed it. It ain't coming is it
  • Reedtz909
    5 posts Ball Boy
    It’s such a disgrace. You buy a game because they have finally fixed the unrealistic FUT arcade gameplay from last game, and then they just change the whole game for the worst. It’s not the game i bought. Updates should be for bug fixes, not changing the core of the product that people payed for.
    It can’t be legal.
  • GoonerSoldier
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Where are the EA Developers??? Alot of your fan base does NOT play FUT. FIX the defending AGAIN.
  • PPerfect_CJ
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can now pretty much score goals blindfolded and the CPU is banging them in from range like they're standing next to an open net. Every match has a guaranteed 5 or 6 goals. This game is complete garbage.
  • Eon1
    8 posts Ball Boy
    > @GoonerSoldier said:
    > Where are the EA Developers??? Alot of your fan base does NOT play FUT. FIX the defending AGAIN.

EA doesn't care... FUT is not an excuse no gameplay should be the way it is. This game is garbage. The best news I've heard in a loooooonnng time is that EA lost their FIFA contract now maybe someone will make a good FIFA game. FIFA 2k24 ! ! !
  • fifafan84uk
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    They have absolutely broken it. Legendary difficulty is basically cheating AI team. Don't even want to see what ultimate is like now lol.
  • Stkyfngz
    4938 posts Big Money Move
    The AI cheats on squad battles because that's the only way to make it 'harder'.

You've got to just push the AI towards the outside and defend with LB/RB. It's garbage but that's the way to win
  • forearms
    6039 posts Big Money Move
    I've been a proponent of getting rid of the jockey button as it's just dumb in how it's used. Now, players just run into others and get the ball, rather than actually having to time tackles. The interceptions are ridiculous, the way the ball sticks to the defenders even if its fired in from 5 feet away. Second man pressing also takes the ball away now too. Maybe others prefer it this way, but its not anything like actual football, and more about abusing mechanics and glitches.
  • Grumpy
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This game is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rediculous!
  • Mury86
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanck you God for listening my prayers, and finaly ea lost the license for FIFA, all in hope they sign with someone who realy can create a playeble game, not like ea. Servers patetic, accounts with issues, since past fifa's that ea made it became worst each year. My account is messed up. I have team of 90 ovr, my lowest ovr player is 89 ovr and my team looks like this
    Att-83 ovr
    Mid- 84 ovr
    Def-85 ovr
    We are to small players for ea to pay us atention they only help the players who put money on this game. A thing is clear if ea stil creates fifa i will never buy it. Lame
  • Mury86
    But guys the bigest problem is us. Because we keep buying this game an is not cheap, ea dont care about the players or the game its all about money. They dont give a penny on us. They keep messing up this game. But maybe the next year wil be produced by someone else i hope so. Ea is not able to create Fifa to be playeble. Its a waste of time and money.
  • ansaman
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    > @Mury86 said:
    > Thanck you God for listening my prayers, and finaly ea lost the license for FIFA

They didnt lost it.

So keep praying 😂
  • Mury86
    Ansaman check the latest update about this subject
  • Mury86
    ansaman wrote: »
    > @Mury86 said:
    > Thanck you God for listening my prayers, and finaly ea lost the license for FIFA

They didnt lost it.

So keep praying 😂

Check the latest updates about this subject.
  • RadioShaq
    19963 posts Moderator
    Not much will change ea have the fifa pro license. Fifa will be making its own game though. There will be 4 or 5 similar games that all have microtransactions that will have to compete against each other which will only help ea even more.
  • Mury86
    Then thats a bad news. Cause the past years ea messed up this game made it almost impossible to play. And Ai its like you are playing against world fifa champions. They gues what we are intending to do. Are they medium telepathic ?
  • Mury86
    Altought competition is good. Hope that when fifa wil launch they own that wil be beter than ea's. For simple fact that an ea fifa doesn't deserve the money. I have issues with my account and guess what ?! Ea doesn't care about it. They only help the players that puts money in this game ... One thing is sure, i won't invest money in this game, it doesn't deserve to