FUT- Worth losing placement matches?

Belfast Dynamos
24 posts Last Pick at the Park
Any worked out the maths?

Is it worth losing the initial placement matches to end up in a lower league and increase the chances of ending up in gold/elite rewards at the end of the week or does the multiplier in higher leagues make up for it?

Coins aside, there's something appealing about starting in lower divisions, winning lots initially and rapidly moving up the leagues rather than being landed into division four and slogging it out there for months? (I'm not a great player!)

Comments

• xGrumpyWolfx
    3309 posts National Call-Up
    It all depends on what the rewards are for each division, it was so much of a train wreck at the start of FIFA 19 that it wasn't even worth being in division 3+
  • Diggy
    15605 posts World Class
    I don’t find smashing less skilled players fun but each to their own

Just play your games normally & see where you end up
  • CfcBlue
    4135 posts National Call-Up
    I’d say play and don’t stress yourself out doing it.
  • Thefranchise92
    6648 posts Big Money Move
    Any worked out the maths?

Is it worth losing the initial placement matches to end up in a lower league and increase the chances of ending up in gold/elite rewards at the end of the week or does the multiplier in higher leagues make up for it?

Coins aside, there's something appealing about starting in lower divisions, winning lots initially and rapidly moving up the leagues rather than being landed into division four and slogging it out there for months? (I'm not a great player!)

Na that has its disadvantages. Lesser rewards. The lower divisions will be more saturated meaning it will require more points. More boring and wont improve you. But kost most importantly, less points towards the initial weekend league qualification ad the multiplier goes up incrementally
  • If you win all 5 games you are put into div 4. If you lose just one of the 5 games you are usually placed into div 5 (unless all of your opponents were already in div 4 and gave out massive skillpoints). To be put into div 6 you need to lose all 5 games basically.

So yeah losing all of them is stupid and barely makes a difference.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    No, it's not worth losing them intentionally.

In previous generations of the game (18, 17 etc) there was coin reward for promotion to higher div
    And skill gap in the same division could be huge so winning D1 sometimes was just the matter of luck.

In 19 there's no reward for progressing from lower to higher divisions. You get rewards once a week and they'll be from div you started in.
    Also being stuck in the same division for a long time is something normal as typically matchmaking is really tight and you get matched with people that have same skill level and you really need to play better if you want to progress.

So just play, eventually the game will put you to where you belong.
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    Plus if everyone did this then all the good players would be in the same division as you anyways
  • If you delete your team and start over, will you play in the placement matches again? to get put in higher division if you win? I lost mine and trying to get higher division to hoping I can play these placement matches again.