6pm Content Thread!

Comments

• MrSoccer
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    nowback2me wrote: »
    What do you guys think, are the leaked PIM Maldini, RVP, Zidane SBCs coming or no? I'm in two minds whether to sell fodder and buy a team while players are cheap, or hold our incase Maldini and Zidane are released.

I think so yeah, they've come from Sheriff directly who hasn't gotten much wrong recently

I think the last few days will be right based on leaks

RVP
    Maldini
    Zidane
    Beckham

No idea which order tho

Wow, didn't even realize this...so we might be getting a PIM Maldini sbc soon? That'd be amazing.
  • CC84COV
    2921 posts National Call-Up
    Aguero update

Sheriff threw Romania under the bus loool

Said he hasn't heard anything about Aguero but put the tweet up since Romania has always been right recently

Aguero might actually be a fake leak then like R9/Butra

So it’s defo not happening?
  • I SiR MartY I
    14090 posts Has That Special Something
    CC84COV wrote: »
    Aguero update

Said he hasn't heard anything about Aguero but put the tweet up since Romania has always been right recently

I hope he comes but I'm on the fake leak side of Aguero
  • Bob_Bobson
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably needs its own thread but sticking this here for now.

vw9gl7b86ud1.png
  • RuddyElmate2022
    2144 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope he does come. He deserves it.
  • CC84COV
    2921 posts National Call-Up
    Aguero update

If it’s coming it’s gotta be tomorrow or its a no show
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    Aguero update

Any reason he's completely stopped playing FIfa? He still streams, but never FIfa.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Aguero update

If it’s coming it’s gotta be tomorrow or its a no show

Yeah, that's how I feel, no Aguero tomorrow and he's finished
    nowback2me wrote: »
    Aguero update

Any reason he's completely stopped playing FIfa? He still streams, but never FIfa.

He doesn't like it, would curse the game :joy:
  • Ggmail19
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone know of 81 +player pick or icon pp
  • I SiR MartY I
    Any Iker Casillias reviews? Worried about his lack of height in goal

Opened the WL packs and got a bunch of high rated dupes, so wanna throw them into one of the icons to clear the dupe pile its either Raul or ADP as a sub CAM or San Iker as a GK to replace De Gea

Leaning towards Raul as a 6,1 GK seems like a bad idea
  • RedPlanet1986
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Aguero update

Aguero had an EOAE card last year too, didn't he? That one was very good!
  • radhoyl
    3304 posts National Call-Up

Opened the WL packs and got a bunch of high rated dupes, so wanna throw them into one of the icons to clear the dupe pile its either Raul or ADP as a sub CAM or San Iker as a GK to replace De Gea

Have the mid from swaps. Too short
  • RuddyElmate2022

Heard very mixed reviews on him.
    I’m undecided myself.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just do the loan can usually get a decent enough grasp on a player from 5 game loan
  • Allsop
    951 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m not good with skill moves and in most of my games today my opponents were spamming a skill move that seems to resemble a fake shot but the movement is much quicker, shorter, and keeps the ball much closer to the players feet. Anyone know what this is? I’m struggling to defend against it.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    heapsgood wrote: »
    Just do the loan can usually get a decent enough grasp on a player from 5 game loan

I’ve just done loan Casillas and loan Raul and put them in for 5 games during qualifying

Both were really underwhelming wouldn’t recommend
  • abhreebhu_45
    13652 posts Has That Special Something
    Allsop wrote: »
    I’m not good with skill moves and in most of my games today my opponents were spamming a skill move that seems to resemble a fake shot but the movement is much quicker, shorter, and keeps the ball much closer to the players feet. Anyone know what this is? I’m struggling to defend against it.

A variant of fake shot with L2
    Also 5* SM have that animation as default
  • Allsop
    951 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 18

Possibly, although I do have a few 5* SM players and the fake shot animation on them is still longer and more exaggerated than what I was seeing you from my opponent. I was thinking it may be a shot cancel but I’m not familiar with what that looks like. Was also thinking shot cancels were mostly done in the box but this person was using this outside the box and would fake out defenders spamming this over and over working his way into the box for the score.
  • madlion
    2943 posts National Call-Up

Did him just now, will come back later and review him before the wl
  • RuddyElmate2022
    Aguero update

Where is this Romania page sorry?
  • madlion
    edited April 18

First game with PIM Casillas and he saved me 2 guaranteed goals, seems to save stuff and to let in shots that should go in. Need to see him in weekend league and against finesse shot spammers to make a better conclusion but so far above average keeper, plays similar to Yashin

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Scu11duggery
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite

Possibly, although I do have a few 5* SM players and the fake shot animation on them is still longer and more exaggerated than what I was seeing you from my opponent. I was thinking it may be a shot cancel but I’m not familiar with what that looks like. Was also thinking shot cancels were mostly done in the box but this person was using this outside the box and would fake out defenders spamming this over and over working his way into the box for the score.

Sounds like shot cancel. So press shoot and then L2+R2 together to cancel. Begins shooting animation but stops suddenly. Good for getting space I'm a crowded penalty box and making defenders commit to a block
  • Retro1989
    7433 posts Big Money Move
    7a316fe55fbc7b3015c8b02f23477854.png
    :D
  • I SiR MartY I
    2x84 and a CAM>CM 5k card in the same preview pack

The best preview pack I've had in 6 months :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    95292 posts Moderator
    Retro1989 wrote: »

What did you say? :D
  • madlion
    edited April 18

I've used Areola (6'5), mid VDS (6'6), Mendy (6'7) and they were conceding finesse shots left and right no different to 6'2 GKs like Ederson/Lloris.

I think positioning is more important for long range shots, prime VDS was one of the best GK against finesse shots from outside the box while his mid was nothing special

Height imo matters more for crosses and is the difference between collecting the ball and punching it, personally I'd take Casillas who comes out and punches it over De Gea who wouldn't claim it even if it was right on his head or any other keeper with "Cautious with Crosses"

• Retro1989
    7433 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Just replied to his tweet with
    star-wars-anakin.gif

• Bob_Bobson
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Just replied to his tweet with
    star-wars-anakin.gif

Given how bad that movie was, it's totally justified ;)
  • I SiR MartY I

Looool, so he's online, hiding after taking the L but blocking people, what a guy
    madlion wrote: »

I've used Areola (6'5), mid VDS (6'6), Mendy (6'7) and they were conceding finesse shots left and right no different to 6'2 GKs like Ederson/Lloris.

I think positioning is more important for long range shots, prime VDS was one of the best GK against finesse shots from outside the box while his mid was nothing special

Height imo matters more for crosses and is the difference between collecting the ball and punching it, personally I'd take Casillas who comes out and punches it over De Gea who wouldn't claim it even if it was right on his head or any other keeper with "Cautious with Crosses"

So many easy shots even De Gea would stop there, think ill just bin De Gea off and buy Mendy instead

Ill miss the saves with feet trait, but De Gea being cautious on crosses is killing me with Weg existing

1 back post cross, I hold Y, nothing happens, De Gea stands there and lets Weg have a free header on goal
  • madlion
    edited April 18

Looool, so he's online, hiding after taking the L but blocking people, what a guy
    madlion wrote: »

So many easy shots even De Gea would stop there, think ill just bin De Gea off and buy Mendy instead

Ill miss the saves with feet trait, but De Gea being cautious on crosses is killing me with Weg existing

1 back post cross, I hold Y, nothing happens, De Gea stands there and lets Weg have a free header on goal

yeah not worth 400k, I find him above avg in game but wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, gk are very subjective so if anyone wants to do him i'd tell them to do the loan first

u tried lloris? heard good things about him