Koke captain vs Llorente gold

RedPlanet1986
183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I find that (in the non-elite divisions, which is the best I can do) gold Llorente can still perform. I tried to replace him with showdown De Paul but that seemed to be a downgrade, so I went back to Llorente.

How will koke do in comparison? His stats are great, but seems very cheap (only 150k) so I'm guessing - not that good?

Comments

• Metalfly
    1748 posts Play-Off Hero
    The problem with Koke is workrate, M/M means they just don’t get on the ball as much as you want them to, he will be better than NIF Llorente when he’s on the ball but won’t feel as influential in the game due to wr.
  • radhoyl
    3307 posts National Call-Up
    Metalfly wrote: »
    The problem with Koke is workrate, M/M means they just don’t get on the ball as much as you want them to, he will be better than NIF Llorente when he’s on the ball but won’t feel as influential in the game due to wr.

So woukd Merino be a bit better with his H/H?
  • Metalfly
    1748 posts Play-Off Hero
    radhoyl wrote: »

You would certainly feel his presence on the pitch more, but he feels kind of clunky on the ball due to his body type, not bad for the coins though.
  • radhoyl
    3307 posts National Call-Up
    radhoyl wrote: »

You would certainly feel his presence on the pitch more, but he feels kind of clunky on the ball due to his body type, not bad for the coins though.

He is OK. He will get one more upgrade next week.

Will wait till La Liga tots to buy an upgraded CDM.
  • RedPlanet1986
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I see, thanks for that. I'll get Llorente's rttf instead
  • greif44x2
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't really get the dislike for M/M workrates this year. I hated it in previous FIFAs, but don't have any issues with it in 22.
    Using TOTY Jorginho as lone CDM, guy is just where I need him to be 120% of the time. Also there's 2-3 other players with M/M in my starting 11 and they're doing just fine.
  • Metalfly
    1748 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 12
    greif44x2 wrote: »
    I don't really get the dislike for M/M workrates this year. I hated it in previous FIFAs, but don't have any issues with it in 22.
    Using TOTY Jorginho as lone CDM, guy is just where I need him to be 120% of the time. Also there's 2-3 other players with M/M in my starting 11 and they're doing just fine.

It's not that M/M players are unusable, in fact for many positions that workrate is fine. I too have M/M players at CB and ST and it's not a problem, but for central midfielders the higher workrates makes them much more involved than otherwise.

Yes TOTY Jorginho is a very good card, but the fact is he would be way better if he had higher workrates. He has more IG stats than both TOTY Kante and TOTY KDB yet they are much more expensive cards, and that's mostly down to WR.

I'm not sure why you need to argue about this, game mechanics isn't something that can be changed by opinion. It's great that you can work with M/M midfielders, but for most players they should go for cards with higher WR to get the most out of them.