How's your weekend league going? - Week 27

Comments

• number7rocky
    9067 posts League Winner
    edited April 2022
    10-0 but this is the point where I start taking a undeserved loss, almost last match... Finally played againsnt this 352 everyone is talking about.

Players missing sitters to put me 3-1 up, goes to ET I score but he equalized.

7.4XG vs 2.4XG Won the shootout at least.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    3946 posts National Call-Up
    My reds were awful. Did not pack anything useful at all. Not even anything worth over 50k lol jso74jhela72.jpeg
  • Ggmail19
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Constant pressure

Whack servers

Glitches galore

Gamesmanship for the sake of it

Would be nice to play this game when everything is as it should be from EA server gameplay

Always the same thing every week. No consistency. Its roulette

• Primal
    11557 posts Has That Special Something
    19-1 rewards were tragic as per 🤦‍♂️😂

Tested birthday firmino out who was very good .
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ended up on 50 points - last game needed to win just awful button delay against an idiot who was just dribbling round in circles every time he had the ball and changing direction back and forth just to get himself to the byline to get a cutback. He eventually scored, I equalised in the 85th min, had a chance to win but my ST delayed taking the shot so hit the GK, he broke, I intercepted his cutback but then my player took forever to clear the ball, lost it, he squared it and tapped it in. Genuinely infuriating way to lose a game - nothing more I could do but unfortunately this awful game handed him the win.

Red Pick Sommer all that was good from rewards plus some mid range fodder. Not playing this game mode again until TOTS.
  • Ggmail19
    Ended up on 50 points - last game needed to win just awful button delay against an idiot who was just dribbling round in circles every time he had the ball and changing direction back and forth just to get himself to the byline to get a cutback. He eventually scored, I equalised in the 85th min, had a chance to win but my ST delayed taking the shot so hit the GK, he broke, I intercepted his cutback but then my player took forever to clear the ball, lost it, he squared it and tapped it in. Genuinely infuriating way to lose a game - nothing more I could do but unfortunately this awful game handed him the win.

Red Pick Sommer all that was good from rewards plus some mid range fodder. Not playing this game mode again until TOTS.

This happens alot to me. Unexplainable and unexpected mishaps against me

But the opposition can do nothing wrong and you know they crap too from the way they play. It's like the jedi force is in the team. Lol
  • number7rocky
    9067 posts League Winner
    12-1, was stopping at 12 but as I only had 1 loss thought I'd play 1 more and if I win play to 14...Equalize for 2-2 and my game freezes, lan cable not connected, first time for a long time and this fifa my Internet/router has screwed me like that randomly disconnecting, quite triggering, opponent probably thought I quit once I equalized 🤣 12 wins it is.

Playing well last couple weeks though
  • Edge01
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    First time playing wl in months but wanted the wins for swaps. Not sure how many wins but got 51 points and was lucky to get Neymar as one of my picks but he's a bit wasted on me as I couldn't skill to save my life.
  • Chet
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    16-2 in 3.5 hours tonight is not bad, gave the final two away, as I ran out of time and need to sleep. Gameplay generally quite decent for a change.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited April 2022
    Just finished my most successful WL ever. I feel so accomplished had never had more then 13 wins this year. Did not face weghorst once all 20 games I wonder if he was not as good as everyone was hyping him up 2 be. Richarlson my mvp finally someone dethroned potm mbappe. This was a fun WL. Everyone played an important role. i8ankx8kkfmv.jpeg

9adazqoup3b5.jpeg

What's this app now 🤔

N congrats
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited April 2022
    Stats(19 games in total,,18 games recorded)

Goals
    Scored=54(2.84/game)
    Conceded=47(2.47/game)

Goal contributions
    Weghorst=20G,6A=26*****
    Drogba=16G,6A=22
    DCL=5G,5A=10
    KDB=2G,5A=7
    Phonsie=1G,5A=6
    Tolisso=1G,4A=5
    Rice=1G,1A=2
    Varane=1G=1

Subs
    Griezmann=5G,4A=9
    Sterling=4A=4
    Caliguri=3A=3
    Roussillon=2A=2
    Dest=1G=1

Most MOTM
    Weghorst=5
    Drogba=2
    Mendy=1
    Rice=1
    Griezmann=1

Best def
    Varane(Best rating in 11 games)

Saves
    Cech=15 in 7 games
    Mendy=32 in 10 games
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited April 2022
    Review

Played WL properly after a long time,n the reason was to try my 3 front men n testing possibly the best target man released ever by EA in my FUT memory(since 2019)-Weghorst

3-5-2 was continued n some familiar faces were supposedly starting their final WL(Varane,DCL)

It was a goal fest as I easily crossed 50 goal mark n if not for lag infested games,might hv easily made 60+(the highest ever this edition)

Defensively it was a week to forget,,obviously overexposed through random freezes in games,but honestly even in smooth games I let in stupid goals that I otherwise won't, with a clean sheet very hard to come by

The star of the show were again my 2 forwards,but wout outscored 👑 drogba which is a huge achievement in my squad,,most of his goals were non-headers too
    I know a lot of player base consider him just a hyped card,but if used properly that guy just runs through opponents n frustrates them out like no one else
    It's acceptable to concede to mbappe, cr7, messi, cruyff,Ronaldo,,but when a 6'6" tall striker creates space by rainbow flicks or heel flicks or lane changes,,it just decimates ur confidence
    Not only that he literally bullied the strongest defenders in game with ease(saw varane/ramos/rio/Toni being thrown away while tackling him) n his in box finishing with either foot is on par with some of the best finishers in game

His only flaws were him not being quick enough to reach at the end of some crosses n surprisingly losing some headers,also wasn't as effective on corners as Drogba

DCL was wasted to be fair,although in DR,giroud was exceptional as CAM n thus gets a nod ahead of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ,,he did score some crucial goals though n is marked as a legend in my club for his service

Getting tired of KDB as RM,he did a good job, but caliguri off d bench was a much better crosser

Phonsie was spectacular in 1st 10 games n then wasteful in subsequent,he gets dropped for Roussillon now to give giroud a 10 chemistry,a spot that Ashley cole will get very soon

Tolisso n rice were decent,,save for few bad passes they had another solid outing
    Tonali will replace former for now for chemistry issues(I wld miss the 🇫🇷)

Mendy clearly shows how bad cech was in his 7 games,even won a MOTM,but cech retains his gloves for chemistry again(so badly want VDS to be released as sbc)

Griezmann justified my faith in him,he had 11 appearances off bench n just look at those goal contributions,he was unplayable in last 15 min,always finding space,bursting n cracking that net

The biggest surprise of the weekend was varane,he is benched now,but got highest rating in 11 outta 18 games,,although in game I felt cannavaro outperformed him easily
  • Ggmail19
    Review

Played WL properly after a long time,n the reason was to try my 3 front men n testing possibly the best target man released ever by EA in my FUT memory(since 2019)-Weghorst

3-5-2 was continued n some familiar faces were supposedly starting their final WL(Varane,DCL)

It was a goal fest as I easily crossed 50 goal mark n if not for lag infested games,might hv easily made 60+(the highest ever this edition)

Defensively it was a week to forget,,obviously overexposed through random freezes in games,but honestly even in smooth games I let in stupid goals that I otherwise won't, with a clean sheet very hard to come by

The star of the show were again my 2 forwards,but wout outscored 👑 drogba which is a huge achievement in my squad,,most of his goals were non-headers too
    I know a lot of player base consider him just a hyped card,but if used properly that guy just runs through opponents n frustrates them out like no one else
    It's acceptable to concede to mbappe, cr7, messi, cruyff,Ronaldo,,but when a 6'6" tall striker creates space by rainbow flicks or heel flicks or lane changes,,it just decimates ur confidence
    Not only that he literally bullied the strongest defenders in game with ease(saw varane/ramos/rio/Toni being thrown away while tackling him) n his in box finishing with either foot is on par with some of the best finishers in game

His only flaws were him not being quick enough to reach at the end of some crosses n surprisingly losing some headers,also wasn't as effective on corners as Drogba

DCL was wasted to be fair,although in DR,giroud was exceptional as CAM n thus gets a nod ahead of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ,,he did score some crucial goals though n is marked as a legend in my club for his service

Getting tired of KDB as RM,he did a good job, but caliguri off d bench was a much better crosser

Phonsie was spectacular in 1st 10 games n then wasteful in subsequent,he gets dropped for Roussillon now to give giroud a 10 chemistry,a spot that Ashley cole will get very soon

Tolisso n rice were decent,,save for few bad passes they had another solid outing

Mendy clearly shows how bad cech was in his 7 games,even won a MOTM,but cech retains his gloves for chemistry again(so badly want VDS to be released as sbc)

Griezmann justified my faith in him,he had 11 appearances off bench n just look at those goal contributions,he was unplayable in last 15 min,always finding space,bursting n cracking that net

The biggest surprise of the weekend was varane,he is benched now,but got highest rating in 11 outta 18 games,,although in game I felt cannavaro outperformed him easily

Nice bud. Thought it was just me experiencing bonkers game play

Where did you finish I can't see that on this page
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Ggmail19 wrote: »
    Review

Nice bud. Thought it was just me experiencing bonkers game play

Where did you finish I can't see that on this page

11-8
  • Ggmail19
    All you guys that get to 15 wins do you not get unplayable games?

No matter what you do don't matter. Plus Delay etc etc

Everything the opponents do turns to gold

How do you combat this
  • Orison
    76814 posts Icon

How do you combat this

Be better :D

People like @Primal complain about gameplay all day every day and still get rank 1. It's literally skill to be able to play through these conditions.
  • Ggmail19
    Orison wrote: »

How do you combat this

People like @Primal complain about gameplay all day every day and still get rank 1. It's literally skill to be able to play through these conditions.

Lol

Best practices please

No pressure on defence etc etc?
  • Orison
    76814 posts Icon

How do you combat this

Lol

Best practices please

No pressure on defence etc etc?

Just play a relatively basic game.

No 300 cancels in attack, no offside trap spamming in defense (you would probably mess up the timing in delay anyways).

Mainly go for safe options, don't throw in yolo tackles. In attack inshallah through balls almost always work if the opponent doesn't manually select his CBs and most WL opponents don't (even high level ones). Otherwise keep it basic, 1 2s between the strikers, fake shot variants to create shooting angles and get past the last defenders.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg

How do you combat this

Some luck also helps.
  • Orison
    76814 posts Icon

How do you combat this

Some luck also helps.

Maybe to get rank 1 instead of 2 as in theory you could always match 2 great opponents and lose both games.

But if you basically get 18+ wins every week then it's not really luck, you simply learned how to win in all conditions.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg

How do you combat this

Some luck also helps.

Maybe to get rank 1 instead of 2 as in theory you could always match 2 great opponents and lose both games.

But if you basically get 18+ wins every week then it's not really luck, you simply learned how to win in all conditions.

Oh yeah definitely 18+ you a guaranteed killer.