Fifa 22 death of pro clubs -The End

Comments

• Korthan
    2540 posts Fans' Favourite
    After a slow start I've not had trouble finding drop-in matches tonight but the last one I played was 1 v 5
  • Korthan
    edited December 2021
    Defenders seem OP again this year. Year by year everything attacking gets nerfed or is ineffective. Now it's through balls, that button is almost useless. Has anyone scored a long shot yet? Always blocked on the edge of the box like boring Pro Clubs 20.

In some matches the other team's bots play passing and interchange like good human players while ours do nothing. In one match the ball kept going back to them - and not even the classic FIFA way of going back to their feet, no, I mean loose balls they ran for while our bots stood and did nothing. I could see a goal was coming and sure enough yes it did.

In the game just now one guy with a team of bots played like Spain while our team couldn't do anything (4 players on it). Bots did nothing. That one guy ran straight through our bot defence which opened up for him with no challenge and he scored - he wasn't even that good because I tackled him twice and I am a striker.

I can't even turn a defender in this game yet let alone run straight past one, they always tackle - oops sorry I mean barge me off the ball or magically find themselves in front of me to take the ball even after being the other side of me.

Headers? Like last year, the new heading system means my headers go soft and/or wide with any direction on it.

I was also fouled twice, definitely once, by bot defenders but no foul was given.

Running down the wing, I was close to the edge of the penalty box than the touchline, I tried to pass to an unmarked team mate in the box using double tap cross which made my player stutter, stumble and knock the ball softly out of play. Oh I forgot, that was already useless before this year.

I generally like the game but it feels too weighted in favour of defenders (again, despite that player I mentioned earlier running right through the centre of our defence unchallenged) and that weird bot bias from last year is in the game again.

Post edited by Korthan on
  • Korthan
    edited December 2021
    How can tall defenders catch and tackle my small pace striker when I even slightly turn towards the goal? I can stay ahead - just- if I run in a straight line but even then they are pulling at my shirt.

How can an opponent player who is slower than my player but tall and muscly simply power-weave through our defence three times and lash straightforward shots into the goal three times?

There is something off here. The long-standing EA strength fetish?
  • Hoos
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I agree with all of this. They have totally ruined this game mode. It gets stuck on searching for match and you can't quit. Is this a bug?

It's broken. The game mode doesn't work. If they analyzed their data they should know. Fix it EA!!! You took away the only game mode that had any social element to it with voice chat. All the other modes are super boring.
  • GDR10
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EAs master plan to get you playing FUT, make other game modes a negative experience..
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    GDR10 wrote: »
    EAs master plan to get you playing FUT, make other game modes a negative experience..

Every mode is slowly being killed year after year in the hope we all flock to FUT.

I play seasons and clubs.
    The fact EA haven't pulled plug on seasons yet amazes me however I can see it coming in the next few years.
  • Ive played since 98 world cup too on n64 xD and its the same as it always have been diff here and there no indoor (5v5) no fouls tho =) but idk y u have to right a book report about it
  • AmBlFarhan
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    . reviving this thread for a second look so othjers can see
  • Frankzappa19
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What an initial post man, each point is right on.

EA could make this mode into a money making machine. I still don't understand why they haven't made this game mode into a cash cow, it would even benefit the community.

- They could release a pro clubs game separately from the yearly FIFA release with no real team names, no real team logos etc. This way they would cut costs.

- They would charge you for the clubs mode either by micro transactions (special T-shirts, player tattoos etc) OR they could just set up a subscription cost.

There is a community that is willing to throw money at this, and we have been here for 10 years.

On top of the current league systems I they could make the "drop-in" matches a great part of the game by
    creating an option for ranked/unranked drop-in with a personal rating system where you get matched with players who take it seriously. Imagine joining "drop-in" matches with people who are not only good, but actually benefit from winning.

• > @Frankzappa19 said:
    > What an initial post man, each point is right on.
    >
    > EA could make this mode into a money making machine. I still don't understand why they haven't made this game mode into a cash cow, it would even benefit the community.
    >
    > - They could release a pro clubs game separately from the yearly FIFA release with no real team names, no real team logos etc. This way they would cut costs.
    >
    > - They would charge you for the clubs mode either by micro transactions (special T-shirts, player tattoos etc) OR they could just set up a subscription cost.
    >
    > There is a community that is willing to throw money at this, and we have been here for 10 years.
    >
    > On top of the current league systems I they could make the "drop-in" matches a great part of the game by
    > creating an option for ranked/unranked drop-in with a personal rating system where you get matched with players who take it seriously. Imagine joining "drop-in" matches with people who are not only good, but actually benefit from winning.

Great suggestions. I dream of a separate pro clubs game, it would be amazing, free of the clutter, focused on the best game mod of soccer games.
  • RobRokk
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hoos wrote: »
    I agree with all of this. They have totally ruined this game mode. It gets stuck on searching for match and you can't quit. Is this a bug?

It's broken. The game mode doesn't work. If they analyzed their data they should know. Fix it EA!!! You took away the only game mode that had any social element to it with voice chat. All the other modes are super boring.

The reason this mode is most fun is that it actual involves humans, you feel there is a human behind a move, not just a program or algorithm. But EA doesnt have control over human feelings,so they try to digitalize everything they can, even make pro clubs feel boring or too hard to play, but still no matter what they do ppl still want more realism and humanity, not the other way aroun. They are in for a fail if they think ppl satisfy with only 1s and 0s...
  • GoonerB
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 10
    The easiest solution for me would be to split the mode.

One mode in the arcade style - lots of goals, easier ai, pace and tricks win. Essentially Volta on a full size pitch.

One mode focuses more on simulation. Tighter scorelines, better ai, pace leveled (short doesn't equal fast), and generally a more challenging experience.

The benefit of this, would be that I think it would make everyone happier.

If you want goals and more causal experience, play arcade.

If you prefer to see something that resembles actual football, pick simulation.

You could even have the modes split enough that you could theoretically have a club in each mode.

Of course, this is highly unlikely to happen. I feel it would take more effort than ea is willing to put in to ensure everyone gets the most out of the game.
    It's more likely they'll just kill the mode off entirely.
    Post edited by GoonerB on
  • RobRokk
    Would be cool to have a pro club mode where everyone fights on an equal ground. So no uber skills from algorithms, no any player, no goalie as human, no cpu assist at all, etc. Just a good ai for the bots, no idiot ai mode for the bots, no uber ai mode for the bots, more realism for all, like for example if using sprin for some seconds you get fatigue no matter if its a bot or a player, if your sturdy you tackle harder but run slower, etc. If your tall you reach air balls better but have some other disadvantage instead and so on. Games shuold be in dfferent weather condtion, etc not just sunny, etc and resemble the region you play in. No bad goalie but no uber either. No bad defense but no uber either. No uber accurate passing, and no super fast passing, however semi fast sometimes is cool. No super blocking skills either. Bouncing balls should very seldomly favor any team really, make it more truly random. No super skill moves, its mostly just childish anyway.
  • GoonerB
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    RobRokk wrote: »
    Would be cool to have a pro club mode where everyone fights on an equal ground....

Essentially you just described the very first iteration of club mode - BAP.

Real teams and squads, every player was rated 85.
    The only thing you could impact with regards to player ability was which team you picked, and that squads height and weight, which would effect some stats, but you would still be 85 overall.

Again, height really shouldn't have as much impact as it currently does.

It should not effect speed in any way, and if it did it should almost be the opposite of what it is now - short does not mean fast in the real world. Nor should effect acceleration.

It could effect agility, and that's about the only real would impact I can think of. Open to suggestions.

BAP was great and showcased user ability and understanding of the game more than anything else.
    Teams that used today's method of kick and sprint would have got nowhere back then. These days they are among the "top" teams, with regards to W/L records, etc, as the have an unrealistic 98+ through ball stat, 98+ pace and acceleration, and 98± finishing & long shots.

Hold through ball, doesn't matter how long for, fifa will play a physics braking pass that you will beat the defender too, every single time. Then decide if you want to sprint at the goal and kick the ball harder than the keeper can react to, or play the same shot that has plagued fifa since 1994. 40-60 degree long shot to opposite corner, which the keeper is programmed to not be able to stop.
    It takes no skill. I can't imagine how teams find that interesting to play, over and over again for hours on end - but to each their own.

Clubs needs a massive overhaul and a rethink of what it's trying to be.

It always seemed to want to be a representation of real world football, however it's getting more and more lost each year.
    It feels very firmly like school boy footy right now.

Feels it changes depending on the time of day though.
    Starting to figure out the exact details, but it becoming clear that ea change the Ai's difficulty/ability depending what time of day you are playing.

Day time is around semipro/ professional level. Late afternoon / early evening it bumps up a touch, and again around 7.30. it's not untill much later, around 10pm, that ai reach their true level depending on your league, with D1 reaching what feels like Legendary difficulty. I don't think it goes higher.

It make sense why ea do this, but it feels underhanded.
    If we play at the "wrong" time, out ai are dumb and struggle to keep possession. They are noticably weaker defensively too.
    Skip forward a few hours, same tactics, and ai can now keep ball, keep position and shape, and defending cohesively.

Try it and see for yourself.
  • RobRokk
    edited April 15
    There's nothing "pro" with clubs imo, "pro hacked" maybe, hacked by ea sports programmers since all passing, etc is done by codes that decide if its going to reach its target or not, not by how the human player press or angle the controls on his hand control. They went overboard with their coding imo.
  • AmBlFarhan
    . Hoping maybe they’ll see this
  • AmBlFarhan
  • Korthan
    Just want to clarify I generally like Pro Clubs 22 gameplay overall but there are some things I would tweak (crosses/headers/through balls are a touch over-nerfed imo, the new menu system where you can't find a game and you get stuck in the circle of doom is bad, also I still don't like the new penalty and free-kick mode).
  • xCDHx
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    What is up with drop in matches. Still not fixed….
  • AmBlFarhan
    bump..
  • Brydobhoy88
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    AmBlFarhan wrote: »
    bump..

You can bump this until the end of time matey.
    EA don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about any more other than UT.
  • Korthan
    xCDHx wrote: »
    What is up with drop in matches. Still not fixed….

5 times tonight I have been stuck in search mode wheel of doom and had to leave the game to get out of it. 4 times in 40 minutes, I eventually switched off my console.

How can a company move from something that works to something that doesn't and NOT FIX IT after so many months? I'm amazed they haven't been on the receiving end of some kind of legal or consumer action.
  • AmBlFarhan
  • AmBlFarhan
    Theres a reason EA lost FIFA sponsorship and this is another reason of negligence . they had the time and chance to make sure this doesnt happen.
  • > @AmBlFarhan said:
    > Starting from fifa 10-14 fifa Pro clubs was the best mode You could play . 11 vs 11 With human players the beauty of getting actual 22 players like the real life sport and a collective effort towards a goal felt unreal . After that the game mechanics changed to run down the wing simulator Where you have 1 short guy (because tall guys can never be fast) and 1 Tall guy and the short guy runs down the wing holding right trigger on your controller and presses the cross button and tall guy heads it in . It became a game that only required you to spam X button on your controller and you’ll spam away until it works and it will work . Now I’ve been fortunate enough to play in custom organized 11 vs 11 leagues since FIFA 11 . Ranked 1 club in the world to leagues like VIFA , VPSA , VPFL , iFVPAA international, VFL , IVL , WPSA , ELITE FC , FIFA K1NGZ , l Ambitious l these are clubs in XBOX and custom leagues 11 v 11 all organized by third parties with large number of players because FIFA doesn’t want it to get a competitive platform going for clubs . There was a time where people were genuinely interested in investing their time off their real life with no pay but for the passion of the specific pro clubs where the wins were satisfying and losses felt emotional . FIFA pro clubs had and still has such a potential . I’ve posted a thread in this forum 11 years ago about clubs where I proposed ideas such as :
    > 1) ADD A SUBSTITUTION OPTION ( where if your friends join late they can be be subbed in instead of a bot if you are playing regular division club matches it’s bots and only 2 members )
    > 2) ADD A SPECTATOR MODE ( where if a player wishes they can sit in the bench and watch a live game as it’s being played I know someone can stream but watching a game from in game is better since if you play competitive leagues you may have more than 11 players on at the same time and based on your competitive matches you can spectate and make decisions into next game subbing people on and off while they literally watch the game from the bench making it actually realistic .
    > 3) ADD PAID DLC so EA actually gives a s*** . It’s very clear EA does not make money off pro clubs and ultimate team is the money maker mode with all the micro transactions and that’s why they stopped caring about pro clubs mode . Now this Idea allows them to atleast make some sort of money and get more support for clubs and get some sort of motivation to help improve hardcore pro clubs players .
    >
    > 4)BRING BACK lobbies and 11 v 11 modes and drop ins . Yes I know it was chaotic and people fighting for same spots but atleast you didn’t constantly just play 1 v 1 in empty lobbies . The point of this mode is multiplayer and the chaos it brings but it’s beautiful when everyone works together and you are rewarded . There’s also a mode once upon a time where you could play 11 v 11 with irl players in lobbies that’s also been taken away from us .. for no reason
    >
    >
    > Here I am at my mid - late 20s just reminiscing and reminding myself that I made this exact post 11 years ago posting 3 constructive feedback as a customer who cares about the game mode and willing to pay a little bit more to see a little bit more . But I know posting a constructive comment or feedback will get me permanently banned on this forums again . It’s the end of this mode it’s unfortunate the population of the pro clubs dropped 196% past 10 years gradually .. it’s 2021 moving into 2022 you can’t tell me adding 2 things that’s really hard for them ? Just 1 or 2 actual features ?? Instead of just renaming “traits” into “archetypes “ or changing specialties into “perks” these are not improving the game it’s showing veterans that you don’t care anymore about the game anymore because money runs the world . I have no words but to just say this I had to let it out and I know my ideas are not perfect but atleast I tried . I’m from Vancouver British Columbia Canada 🇨🇦 where the FIFA franchise has been made . I’m out thanks for the read if EA doesn’t permanently ban me and censor me I’m sure you’ll be able to read this .

pro clubs is lame- TOTY is lame. bring back simple playing someone across the world with any club you like and getting points for the win. EA is a sell out. I want to be FC Porto online but no one has the cahones to go a 4.5 or 4 star club only PSG. weakness man. ruined the game. I dont care if everyone else has no cahones but just because youre a lefty with no testosterone dosnt mean i should be able to chose porto against a giant team
  • AmBlFarhan
    bump
  • Given the news regarding FIFA 23 being on only next gen console and news of cross play between Xbox and PlayStation could we see the revival of pro clubs?

The game mode died purely because there was Xbox one version and Series X/S version which meant the player base was split into two, (more playing xbox one version of game. )

Do you guys think given the news this should kick start pro clubs again?
  • AmBlFarhan
    Given the news regarding FIFA 23 being on only next gen console and news of cross play between Xbox and PlayStation could we see the revival of pro clubs?

The game mode died purely because there was Xbox one version and Series X/S version which meant the player base was split into two, (more playing xbox one version of game. )

Do you guys think given the news this should kick start pro clubs again?

cross play for all other games came out 4 years ago. An old feature in a bad game wont do anything. They need to actually focus on pro clubs for a year.
  • :# commentaire en français, allant dans le sens de cette rubrique et montrant à quel point le mode CLUB PRO est abandonné par EA, alors que c'est LE mode le plus intéressant du jeu depuis sa création !
    EA a fait chaque années des pseudos retouches à ce mode CLUB PRO, en ajoutant par ci par là quelques fonctionnalités ou plus simplement en enlevant des choses qui était vraiment intéressante sans raison (ex le livret de progression avec les différents défis à valider pour faire progresser son joueur. Cela donnait un vrai coté rôle play au jeu et méritait d'être poussé encore plus loin pour pouvoir vraiment faire progresser son joueur selon nos qualités individuelles et notre style de jeu).
    Un exemple d'ajout totalement bâclé depuis des années maintenant : la stratégie personnalisée. Elle n'est pas du tout respectée par l'IA !!! On a beau demander à notre défense d'être alignée à 22 m... non tous les bots sont à la ligne médiane ! Du coup contre en 2 passes. Forcément on perd des matchs avec 70% de possession contre 30%... on sait un peu ce qui est en jeu derrière ce cas précis et tabou chez EA.
    Enfin encore un exemple d'ajout qui ne fonctionne même pas à ce jour, quasiment 1 an après la sortie du jeu :smile: étant passionné de football et de ce mode, j'ai créé un game face pour les différents joueurs titulaires contrôlés par l'IA. Oui c'est inutile en soit, mais c'est une option existante ! Et bien figurez-vous que les visages édités ne sont pas chargés en match (XBOX series X). Il n'y a que les éléments de cheveux, pilosité faciale, accessoires, chaussures... mais les détails du visage NON ! C'est juste honteux. EA intègre des fonctionnalités qui ne fonctionnent même pas entièrement depuis une dizaine d'années !!! Et on leur redonne de l'argent pour un jeu qui ne change que très peu !
    Vivement un véritable conccurent à cette mascarade ! Svp
  • AmBlFarhan