Should they match Elite division with other divisions?

SuperJames9005
2670 posts Fans' Favourite
It's extremely difficult for me to find a rival match now.

There are like less than ~5000 elite players on the whole world XBOX platform. I would guess maybe ~1000 in NA and only a couple hundred on my servers. It's taking ages to find a game right now. I am 1 win away from 8 wins ❤️❤️❤️❤️ requirements and cannot find a game, let alone win.

Comments

• Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    No.

I don't want to match scrubs :trollface:
  • A5B
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah takes me forever to find a game in Elite right now. Then when I get one I match with someone 100+ points higher than me. Think I promoted way too quickly :#
  • SuperJames9005
    A5B wrote: »
    Yeah takes me forever to find a game in Elite right now. Then when I get one I match with someone 100+ points higher than me. Think I promoted way too quickly :#

I still think the last year system makes more sense. Despite people complaining about so-called relegators or rovers, I have never seen someone scoring own goals or quit at KO to relegate in the top division last year.
  • A5B
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    A5B wrote: »

I still think the last year system makes more sense. Despite people complaining about so-called relegators or rovers, I have never seen someone scoring own goals or quit at KO to relegate in the top division last year.

I saw it plenty last year, hated how many additional wins I got because it made me play so many people that were out of my league.
  • SuperJames9005
    At this very moment, I am playing squad battles because I can't find a rival match and I have finished FUT Champs Qualifiers. Seriously, WTF is that?
  • leon1309
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    No.
  • RadioShaq
    19961 posts Moderator
    If the wait times get to long they should expand it. Next year it should be cross platform so should help. You see people say they want to wait 5-10 minutes for better matchups but that seems to long.
  • Chavez76
    9852 posts League Winner
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If the wait times get to long they should expand it. Next year it should be cross platform so should help. You see people say they want to wait 5-10 minutes for better matchups but that seems to long.

nobody wants to wait that long.

and, no, elite should not be matched against other divisions. That makes 0 sense. If this is a problem, they should make it so that there will be more people in elite.
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    Chavez76 wrote: »

and, no, elite should not be matched against other divisions. That makes 0 sense. If this is a problem, they should make it so that there will be more people in elite.

I mean it's already a bang average division with way too many people in it.

I guess you could stop relegating people by 2 divs so that everybody gets back up quickly.

If you just get your 8 wins per week then you are only making it back into elite this week and then you ain't playing elite div games until Thursday.
  • mapeh
    693 posts An Exciting Prospect
    there should be another way to fix this than throwing Div. 1-3 players in matches they probably won't win
  • Springveldt
    6926 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »

I guess you could stop relegating people by 2 divs so that everybody gets back up quickly.

If you just get your 8 wins per week then you are only making it back into elite this week and then you ain't playing elite div games until Thursday.
    Only 5000 people in Xbox Elite according to OP so that suggests that there aren't way too many people in it.

Maybe EA need to look into the reason why only 5000 have decided to promote back to Elite? There will be loads more with the ability to get there but just haven't bothered.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep I’m in Australia and taking me about 5-10 mins to find a game getting pretty annoying now
  • SuperJames9005
    edited March 29
    heapsgood wrote: »
    Yep I’m in Australia and taking me about 5-10 mins to find a game getting pretty annoying now

I have been only able to find one rival game in the last hour. Playing 1 squad battle game and 1 rival game and I will call it a day.
  • heapsgood
    heapsgood wrote: »

I have been only able to find one rival game last hour. Playing 1 squad battle game and 1 rival game and I will call it a day.

So frustrating I managed to get my 8 wins on Sunday pretty easy to find a game on weekend but during the week absolute nightmare
  • SuperJames9005

No one wants to wait more than 10 min. I am pretty sure those guys will complain hard if they can only find one match in the last hour like me.
  • GazW09041980
    1111 posts Professional
    edited March 29
    I am on Xbox and have the elite division trophy for the last 3 or 4 seasons and have never been in elite so it must match me with elite when I am div 1 🤷
  • Destin8or
    5682 posts Big Money Move
    I am on Xbox and have the elite division trophy for the last 3 or 4 seasons and have never been in elite so it must match me with elite when I am div 1 🤷

They just know who you are mate, this seasons trophy should appear soon.
  • Andyh60
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    Time now to if you reach elite then you stay there for rest of game. Just dull to be back in 2 and do the same again. Ok get it for the seasons played so far but not from now.
  • GazW09041980
    1111 posts Professional
    Destin8or wrote: »

They just know who you are mate, this seasons trophy should appear soon.

What do you mean ? I hope not I'm still in div 3 that would be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ take, I don't mind when I'm back up in div 1 but I don't think elite should match below div 1
  • RVN_10
    762 posts Semi-Pro

Yea you get that for div 1
  • GazW09041980
    1111 posts Professional
    RVN_10 wrote: »

Yea you get that for div 1

Really thought I'd just matched someone in elite well you live and learn
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    No, thank you.

Signed: Everyone in Div2 and below that doesn’t want to be cannon fodder.
  • Springveldt
    6926 posts Big Money Move
    Think it's bugged, you get it as soon as you get promoted to D1.
  • Aqeel87
    3420 posts National Call-Up
    leon1309 wrote: »
    No.

• SuperJames9005

That's impossible because opponents' SR will be shown after each match. If you are in Div1, there's no SR...
  • GazW09041980
    1111 posts Professional

That's impossible because opponents' SR will be shown after each match. If you are in Div1, there's no SR...

Who knows but I have the trophies, someone said you get it for reaching div 1 but I'm not sure I just assumed it was due to matchmaking
  • Honestly i am in NA as well FL and have had no issues finding matches . Egoistically i would say yes but i am sure lower div players would hate being matched with Elite even though I sure difference between div 1 and Elite is minimal and i am sure some players that are top elite are much further from my skill level that div 1 players (i am not very good)
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    Orison wrote: »

Only 5000 people in Xbox Elite according to OP so that suggests that there aren't way too many people in it.

Maybe EA need to look into the reason why only 5000 have decided to promote back to Elite? There will be loads more with the ability to get there but just haven't bothered.

Because the season started less than 2 weeks ago :D

If you just get your 8 wins you simply ain't back yet or if you are then you haven't played many games in Elite.

I got 8 wins last week and 8 wins this week without losing or drawing a single game. 16-0 meant I got back into Elite and played 2 games in there. If you lost/drew inbetween you could have easily got your 8 wins per week while still being stuck in div 1.
  • I SiR MartY I
    14812 posts Has That Special Something
    Nah, they just need to stop relegating people out of elite if they meet a certain SR requirement so the division isn't dead for the first month of the season

2000+ SR and you stay
  • heapsgood
    Nah, they just need to stop relegating people out of elite if they meet a certain SR requirement so the division isn't dead for the first month of the season

2000+ SR and you stay

Not even certain skill rating just don’t relegate anyone full stop

If you made it to elite once you’re an elite player should just stay in same division regardless