My biggest mistake so far

Milonairs
180 posts Sunday League Hero
I hope some of you might disagree and make me feel better about my choices but -

It seemed like a fun goal to grind out POTM Mbappe instead of all those icon sbc’s which I did. Already had a full untradeable team from around 10m coins with only tradeable player being 91 Cruyff, I thought Imma replace Cruyff with Mbappe and have 1.9m coins spare for when tots starts of whatever ánd a full untradeable team.

But my god, what a bad card is that. Misses chances my goalkeeper would have buried. I read more people with those complaints but Ive used gold Mbappe alot and loved the card?! I really dont know how, but the gold seemed better. Ofcourse, that’s not possible.. but wtf is going on??

TLDR; I miss 91 Cruyff already and don’t like POTM Mbappe 🤣

Comments

• mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    I can feel some of your pain as only recently discovered 91 Cruyff and he's absolutely sublime. However POTM Mbappe scores for fun for me so I'd defo stick with him and just work out his play style. For me he is better than the HL card even, which I know is just weird. Thought it was some kind of honeymoon period but GPG ratio is much better than the HL was.

Persevere, he's very different to Cruyff but a great goalscorer.
  • Milonairs
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    I can feel some of your pain as only recently discovered 91 Cruyff and he's absolutely sublime. However POTM Mbappe scores for fun for me so I'd defo stick with him and just work out his play style. For me he is better than the HL card even, which I know is just weird. Thought it was some kind of honeymoon period but GPG ratio is much better than the HL was.

May I ask what formation and position? :)
  • SeñorCatflap
    1848 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mbappe is the most boring card on the game. He's also better on the wing
  • Fozberry
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Style of play matters a lot with comparing these

People sitting back spamming though balls and lob through balls go mbappe.
    People looking to build up play and pass/LS dribble or skill their way through go Cruyff.
    There's a third type that use mbappe wide to stretch the defense (or spam sprint up goal line and pull back!).

Assume you're the second one. I'd say try him wide if you haven't already.
  • Ben_01
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    Milonairs wrote: »
    I hope some of you might disagree and make me feel better about my choices but -

It seemed like a fun goal to grind out POTM Mbappe instead of all those icon sbc’s which I did. Already had a full untradeable team from around 10m coins with only tradeable player being 91 Cruyff, I thought Imma replace Cruyff with Mbappe and have 1.9m coins spare for when tots starts of whatever ánd a full untradeable team.

But my god, what a bad card is that. Misses chances my goalkeeper would have buried. I read more people with those complaints but Ive used gold Mbappe alot and loved the card?! I really dont know how, but the gold seemed better. Ofcourse, that’s not possible.. but wtf is going on??

TLDR; I miss 91 Cruyff already and don’t like POTM Mbappe 🤣

Wasn't the griezman otw better than his flashback neymar gold better than his flashback etc so it's not just not the speed king
  • Milonairs
    Fozberry wrote: »

People looking to build up play and pass/LS dribble or skill their way through go Cruyff.
    There's a third type that use mbappe wide to stretch the defense (or spam sprint up goal line and pull back!).

3 games in and scored 10 goals damn. One match 5 one 3 one 2 thats rock solid. Hopefully it stays that way. Only bummer is I got a 2m winger now while I wanted a striker 🤣
  • mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    mypetfrog wrote: »

May I ask what formation and position? :)

ST or RCAM in 4222 mainly in game, or line ST in 451. With 91 Cruyff and CR7 around him.
  • Smoothino84
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    play him as a wide cam
  • Fozberry
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fozberry wrote: »

3 games in and scored 10 goals damn. One match 5 one 3 one 2 thats rock solid. Hopefully it stays that way. Only bummer is I got a 2m winger now while I wanted a striker 🤣

Glad I could help, even more glad I didn't have multiple people shooting down what I said too 😅
  • Ggmail19
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mine is buying this reskin