Icons for 5mill? Eusebio, Butra, Cruyff, Cantona?

mypetfrog
3087 posts National Call-Up
Thanks to selling HL Mbappe, and once my fodder sells (if we ever get a decent sbc) I'll hopefully have close to 5mill

Whats best option for icon attackers?

Thinking of Eusebio, Butra, Cantona, Cruyff in particular, but either one big Moments card or maybe 2 Primes.

Any experience of any of them in terms of being a standout game changer of a card.

Who would you get?

Comments

• Fabibi94
    1051 posts Professional
    I found Mid Pele to be very good, nearly as good as Mid R9. I‘d give either of them a shot if I were you.
  • Destin8or
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    I would be aiming for PIM Puskas for around 5mill
  • RoosterBlue
    2075 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 20
    Cruyff is wonderful. Rolls Royce of a player. Smooth as silk.
    Also used prime Cantona who is like an enhanced Ginola.
    Post edited by RoosterBlue on
  • mypetfrog wrote: »
    Thanks to selling HL Mbappe, and once my fodder sells (if we ever get a decent sbc) I'll hopefully have close to 5mill

Whats best option for icon attackers?

Thinking of Eusebio, Butra, Cantona, Cruyff in particular, but either one big Moments card or maybe 2 Primes.

Any experience of any of them in terms of being a standout game changer of a card.

Who would you get?

I don't think it'll make any difference who you choose tbh so i'd just go with the player you feel the most attachment to irl.
  • mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks for the input.

I guess Cruyff outperforms his stats?

Hmm, hadn't considered Puskas moments. That only makes the decision harder haha.
  • futaddict79
    2421 posts National Call-Up
    Ive used mid R9, toty cr7, fb cr7 and HL mbappe, Hl mbappe is still the best out of them, u did sell and buy mid cruyff who is also very good and plays to the same level as those mentioned above.

My plan is to keep cruyff and do the potm mabppe so I get him back for cheap

Get cruyff
  • Qon
    1709 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 20
    I have mid Maradonna, Mid Pele, Mid Cruyff and Mid Eusebio untradable (lucky, I know...). I would rank them like this;
    1. Pele
    2. Cruyff (very close to Pele)
    3. Eusebio
    4. Maradonna, because of weak foot. Otherwise he would be higher.

Edit: I also used base Cantona until I packed my icons and he was insane. Highly suggest him next to someone like Mbappe or Cruyff.
  • shady93
    711 posts Semi-Pro
    Bought Eusebio baby on Friday as I felt he'd push my game the extra mile and decide those tough games. Suprise suprise I'm back on for 60 points barrier again for 3rd week in a row. Don't get me wrong he smashes in some lovely goals and is fun to play with but I don't think any one player will change results that much.
  • Maybe a bit off topic, but I usually run three in the midfield Prime Gullit with Aouar and Guendouzi as my DM.

I was thinking of upgrading my DM to Kante TOTY for end game, is he worth it over say moments Matthaus or moments Viera.

I've also wondered whether Kante is worth the extra cash over FUT Birthday Paquetta.

I'm an elite division player that's usually around 1900-2000 SR so I'm really asking whether upgrading to any of the above will make a noticeable difference based on the competition I'm up against.
  • Milonairs
    185 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had tradeable 94 Ronaldo. Packed 91 Cruyff so was “forced” to use him. After 300+ games, I actually prefer Cruyff over Ronaldo. I don’t know why he is just the perfect player for me. Together with WW Ibra one of the most fun combo’s I have used and I played with Ibarbo like 10 years ago 🤣
  • Mic2904
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    Qon wrote: »
    I have mid Maradonna, Mid Pele, Mid Cruyff and Mid Eusebio untradable (lucky, I know...). I would rank them like this;
    1. Pele
    2. Cruyff (very close to Pele)
    3. Eusebio
    4. Maradonna, because of weak foot. Otherwise he would be higher.

Edit: I also used base Cantona until I packed my icons and he was insane. Highly suggest him next to someone like Mbappe or Cruyff.

Just a note on mid Diego…. It’s the worst version!
  • Andyh60
    2863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime r9 below 6 so that tempting to go for
  • Rsim85
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just paid 6 mil for prime r9 and the difference between the prime and the mid is very noticeable, what a mega card the prime is