St. Patrick's Day Cards?

Ireland_US
672 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited March 3
I bet EA will do an objective group with 4 or 5 players and maybe an SBC... So I thought it might be fun to speculate who these players might be. I'm only gonna focus on Republic of Ireland players because typicallyl that's what EA have done. I basically think there will be one of every level;one attacker, one midfielder, etc. With maybe an extra midfielder or defender thrown in. Think they'll give them some big boosts up to 85+

At striker I think it's most likely to be Callum Robinson (robbed of IF earlier this FIFA) or Adam Idah (had a really good run of games before he got injured, and also BPL helps). A few wildcards would be Scott Hogan, Michael Obafemi, or David McGoldrick. McGoldrick would be an interesting inclusion, but I think the others are more likely.

At CM I think Josh Cullen and Jason Knight are good looks.

Wingers: Jack Byrne (if you can call him a winger) or Michael Duffy I think would be fairly likely if EA are to include a League of Ireland Player. Would love to have one of those boosted. Also at winger you can never write off McGeady or James McClean as well.

Defenders: John Egan would be a good shout (also robbed of an IF). Would also love to see Andrew Omobamidele included. Cyrus Christie and Seamus Coleman are usually in the mix as well.

Finally at GK there are 4 solid options: Darren Randolph is the obvious one. Gavin Bazunu was somehow robbed of a future stars (maybe next year?). Kelleher would be decent, though he could receive a MOTM for his recent heroics, and finally Mark Travers doing quite a job in the championship. Good thing is if he and Bazunu don't get cards for St. Paddys then they are odds on to get a TOTS since they're having such good years at club level.

Thoughts?

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    95310 posts Moderator
    Moments Conor Wilkinson objective for his goal against Newport 🤝🏻
  • FergiesTimepiece
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Obobamidele is an absolute must. Bazunu too, although you can probably count the number of special sbc/obj keepers on one badly damaged hand.

Aiden McGeady will probably have one won't he? Just by virtue of having the skill move named after him there'll be a flashback or something.
  • Ireland_US
    Obobamidele is an absolute must. Bazunu too, although you can probably count the number of special sbc/obj keepers on one badly damaged hand.

Aiden McGeady will probably have one won't he? Just by virtue of having the skill move named after him there'll be a flashback or something.

Yeah I waa shocked when Future Stars had ZERO keepers and I'm like but you have Bazunu RIGHT THERE!!! stupid lol. And yeah McGeady always seems to get something. They could even get him a moments card, he had 4 assists in a game last year and EA did nothing loll
  • False_Nine
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Since the content team love to recycle players, I presume Matt Doherty would get one for the links if nothing else. Or maybe a Moments Shane Long.
  • FergiesTimepiece
    Deji Sotona is the only Irishman in Ligue 1 that I know of. Don't think he's actually played for Nice, but how else can they possibly french it up?
  • > @Lackosweat said:
    > Worth buying a few Zaha ?

Yeah get loads. Also bailly and kessie would be good to invest in 👍
  • M00N
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would love a seamus Coleman
  • Bob_Bobson
    2902 posts Fans' Favourite
    When was the last time there was a proper Paddy's Day promo though?
  • FergiesTimepiece
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    When was the last time there was a proper Paddy's Day promo though?

The last FIFA I was on had it, I think 2020?

Although since then futmas was binned to avoid alignment to a religious holiday wasn't it? Technically St Patrick's could be gone by the same justification.

Although couldn't that also mean that FUT birthday could be gone due to alignment with all religions that aren't Jehovah's witnesses?
  • Hammer87
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not an actual promo as such but last year they did objective players - Connolly, Hendrick & I forget the other one. Plus Doherty was an SBC & McGeady in Silver Lounge
  • SharpEnds
    79 posts Park Captain
    I'm looking forward to it anyway. I have the two Keanes, George Best and 87 Browne.
  • Ireland_US
    SharpEnds wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it anyway. I have the two Keanes, George Best and 87 Browne.

Me too!
    Hammer87 wrote: »
    Not an actual promo as such but last year they did objective players - Connolly, Hendrick & I forget the other one. Plus Doherty was an SBC & McGeady in Silver Lounge

Exactly. Should be an objective group hopefully. Hope it's a friendly group rather than SBs. Would love to play against other Irish teams online
  • Ireland_US
    Surprising that EA decided to give Omobamidele a Silver Stars card but certainly welcome! Wonder if we'll get another defender to go alongside him?
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    57918 posts National Treasure
    Maybe something like this. Objectives like last year + Silver star and Flashback SBC
    5d86df6ba78d5b5c066d34841b1b60e9.png
  • Jackwc
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just want a super juiced up zaha 🔥🔥
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    57918 posts National Treasure
    Kelleher today
  • Ireland_US
    Kelleher today

Yes I see that! Exciting. I feel like that could be it OR there will be a crazy objective group tomorrow lol. We'll see
  • WallStreetGamer
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jackwc wrote: »
    I just want a super juiced up zaha 🔥🔥

Me too! :D
  • SharpEnds
    79 posts Park Captain
    A load of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the items store. Typical.
  • LegendofSon
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Seriously how many of these players are “usable”?
  • Ireland_US
    Seriously how many of these players are “usable”?

Most of them if you know how. I have never played silver lounge until last week but I won almost every time because I'm used to playing with "lesser" players. A lot of ppl struggle with silvers.

I hear Kelleher might be it for St Paddys day but I hope not.