• Tornado31619
    32767 posts National Team Captain
  • Ashy
    20964 posts Club Captain
    Screenshot-20220316-010223-Reddit.jpg
  • yosef167
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    what do you think should happen now?
    fight until the end for UCL spot or just leave it all and go out of europe by giving Younger players the stage to end the season and prepare them to the PL.. as we will need to add 2 or 3 academy players (Elanga style) to the next squad with how much transfers we need
  • Ashy
    20964 posts Club Captain
    edited March 16
    yosef167 wrote: »
    fight until the end for UCL spot or just leave it all and go out of europe by giving Younger players the stage to end the season and prepare them to the PL.. as we will need to add 2 or 3 academy players (Elanga style) to the next squad with how much transfers we need

You are obviously going to fight for UCL spots, Arsenal have 3 games in hand and 1 point ahead but let's say we lose to Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs that's those 3 games all gone, maybe even draw one and only go 2 points clear. Then all it takes is you to beat us at Emirates and suddenly you are 1 point clear.

Then there is 8 other games to settle who gets 4th. You shouldn't give up yet, not with a match winner like Ronaldo still there. From those 8 games Arsenal's toughest are probably West Ham and Newcastle if they still performing in May being safe while Man Utd have Liverpool and Chelsea. Will come down to consistentcy in the winnable games

I do think Maguire should be dropped for 2-3 games though. Rashford should be as well, not even on the bench just give him a complete break
  • VVD4
    6456 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »

You are obviously going to fight for UCL spots, Arsenal have 3 games in hand and 1 point ahead but let's say we lose to Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs that's those 3 games all gone, maybe even draw one and only go 2 points clear. Then all it takes is you to beat us at Emirates and suddenly you are 1 point clear.

Then there is 8 other games to settle who gets 4th. You shouldn't give up yet, not with a match winner like Ronaldo still there. From those 8 games Arsenal's toughest are probably West Ham and Newcastle if they still performing in May being safe while Man Utd have Liverpool and Chelsea. Will come down to consistentcy in the winnable games

I do think Maguire should be dropped for 2-3 games though. Rashford should be as well, not even on the bench just give him a complete break

Stop shivering, it is done. I have spoken.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35486 posts World Cup Winner
    Ashy wrote: »

Maguire should be dropped for a while unless Lindelof comes in and is worse. The Lindelof - Varane partnership was great until Lindelof's house was broken into. It's baffling to me that he wasn't brought back in after the one game he asked off for because Varane-Lindelof seemed to clearly be growing into a strong partnership before the burglary. Even Varane's best performances this season came when he played with Lindelof vs how he's played with Maguire.
  • Teh Zombz
    5344 posts Big Money Move
    Ibte10 wrote: »
    The irony of Scholes wanting Tuchel at United when he literally said United’s defence was better than Chelsea’s earlier in the season.

don't get the irony
  • yosef167
    Yday from Minute 60 to 94 only 11:19 was played
    who wasted the time? The ref 😬
  • VVD4
    6456 posts Big Money Move

I get that the ref was bad but this is vintage AM. They do it every time.
  • yosef167
    VVD4 wrote: »

i know . but thats come to the way Ref can control the game/cant..to atleast reduce that time .. the ref wasnt even allowing us to play fast fouls without having 3 minutes chat with Atleti
  • Ashy
    20964 posts Club Captain
    Imagine the ref just adds on 18 mins injury time
  • Bobo23
    4812 posts National Call-Up

i know . but thats come to the way Ref can control the game/cant..to atleast reduce that time .. the ref wasnt even allowing us to play fast fouls without having 3 minutes chat with Atleti
    The thing is, you guys just played straight into the hands of Atleti last night. Arguing with the ref, complaining about this foul and that foul.

Don't get me wrong, you definitely had the right to complain to the ref with a few calls. But that's what Atleti want, the game completely broken up especially when they're 1-0 up.

Matic throwing the ball at Felix's head being another example, Atleti want that. Because at the end of the day it was only hurting United and eating up more time.
  • yosef167
    Bobo23 wrote: »

The thing is, you guys just played straight into the hands of Atleti last night. Arguing with the ref, complaining about this foul and that foul.

Don't get me wrong, you definitely had the right to complain to the ref with a few calls. But that's what Atleti want, the game completely broken up especially when they're 1-0 up.

Matic throwing the ball at Felix's head being another example, Atleti want that. Because at the end of the day it was only hurting United and eating up more time.

Agree. players are really experienced enough to not fall into this but they did.. you know what this just proves that we have no real Captain or even real leader that should have stopped this in the field.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1219 posts Professional
    That’s my one big complaint from last night. It was clear about 20 minutes into the game the ref was going to allow Atleti to play their game. It’s on the players to adjust and stop going down on weak contact. Stop looking to the ref when you’re on the ground. Just get up and get on with it.
  • Tornado31619
  • yosef167
    Inatead of going to talk ❤️❤️❤️❤️ just go to training field and train to be better footballer.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    That’s my one big complaint from last night. It was clear about 20 minutes into the game the ref was going to allow Atleti to play their game. It’s on the players to adjust and stop going down on weak contact. Stop looking to the ref when you’re on the ground. Just get up and get on with it.

Agreed. As poor as the official was, that was very much a winnable game regardless and we simply didn't do enough to go for it. Ralf get's some blame for McFred and the persistent reliance of Maguire, however, the squad was still more than good enough to go out and get the result.
  • forearms
    6038 posts Big Money Move

Agreed. As poor as the official was, that was very much a winnable game regardless and we simply didn't do enough to go for it. Ralf get's some blame for McFred and the persistent reliance of Maguire, however, the squad was still more than good enough to go out and get the result.

I still believe it was the wrong decision to take off Bruno. There have been other matches that we was terrible and deserved it, but not yesterday. He supplied the best chances on the night, and I think his last touch was the free kick that shouldve at least been another chance if Maguire wouldnt have headbutted Ronaldo. We had no more chances after he was subbed.

Bringing Rashford on also seemed an odd choice considering we weren't countering, and were in need of creation. Plus the fact hes been in the worst form and mental state of his career.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Add Pogba's home to list of burglaries.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    forearms wrote: »

I still believe it was the wrong decision to take off Bruno. There have been other matches that we was terrible and deserved it, but not yesterday. He supplied the best chances on the night, and I think his last touch was the free kick that shouldve at least been another chance if Maguire wouldnt have headbutted Ronaldo. We had no more chances after he was subbed.

Bringing Rashford on also seemed an odd choice considering we weren't countering, and were in need of creation. Plus the fact hes been in the worst form and mental state of his career.

Yeah, I agree, the only reason I wasn't against Rashford at the time is because Elanga was very much a passenger in the 2nd half. In hindsight I'd have maybe gone Lingard over Rashford. As for Bruno, I highlighted that as the most questionable of the subs IMO, BUT I could see the justification in the sense that Bruno had also been giving away possession pretty easily on a lot of occasions and I don't think was having the best of nights. However, he and Pogba seem to elevate eachother, so I'd have left him on with Pogba.
  • Pietu
    12124 posts Has That Special Something
    At some point it stops being funny but we aren't at that point yet :joy:

• Tornado31619
    Take with a grain of salt but AS are claiming that Ronnie’s chosen to stay at United
  • yosef167
    Hope he stay i ❤️❤️❤️❤️ want to watch him Live!!! i dont want to regret
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited March 17
    Pietu wrote: »
    At some point it stops being funny but we aren't at that point yet :joy:

Those casual passes are what kill the most... he LOVES a no look pass to his left. It's so god awfully predictable and get's intercepted so often, it baffles me that no ones said anything to him or he's just ignore them. He loves doing them to his LB.

The wild part of the Maguire saga is that some fans that I've seen throughout SM were crying last year about Lindelof and how he was an issue because "he's being targetted" in the air because of his aerial struggles, are the same ones claiming the reason Maguire's doing so poorly is because "he's being targetted" by opposing teams... lmfao. no ❤️❤️❤️❤️, why wouldn't you target someone that has absolutely zero mobility and isn't a good enough tackler to make up for it?
  • Kman
    4184 posts National Call-Up
    Maguire is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ my god. If Varane is injured he has to play that’s the other ❤️❤️❤️❤️ thing. Again, we need another clean out…