How's your weekend league going? Week 23

Comments

• Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    When do I get gifted wins see people on here saying they where gifted 6 games never happened to me everything is a sweat fest drop back defending constant press and over the top through balls currently 1-3 but don't know if I can be bothered playing as not really fun

I haven't been gifted a free win in weeks.

Just get lesser players quitting at 0-0 or 1-1. All my others game are super sweaty games too.

Combined with the horrendous gameplay this week, it's all a bit stressful tbh
  • P1stolpete187
    6538 posts Big Money Move
    Having the worst start currently 2-3 been having red connections in all my games

Same here I’m 0-3 today it’s pretty much impossible switching players is horrendous
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 7

2-4 loss,,his yashin being the difference in scoreline,,more shots,more XG,,he saved a header n a crossed volley(AI saves)
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited March 2022
    Game 8

Tight 3-2 win,,DCL started proceedings with a sexy header,,he was looking for only cutbacks,but did a fantastic fake shot to beat me to score equalizer,,DCL scored another after a beautiful heel flick n Tammy buried another for my 3rd,,he scored a counter goal in 86th,,I held on(just) to win

I had 16 shots to his 6,,his maignan made 9 saves to my cech's 1 ,,m now 100% sure that if u r dominating a game,the opponent's GK gets some special powers
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 9

5-1 loss in which his Makelele scored 2 goals,,including a long range one,,did I praise cech yesterday 🤔

He's back to being pathetic
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 10

0-3 loss to a very good player
  • Ggmail19
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played to 9 last night.

Skill was not the deciding factor.
    Connection advantage did and my tolerance to bs gameplay

Don't know why expect different week to week. Maybe it's the shiny new cards
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played 5 last night, won 3. Standard of opponent not too great weirdly but gameplay not good at all - lots of bounce back tackles, passes not going where I asked, player switching atrocious. Of the two I lost, 1 was a good player, the other I dominated but just couldn't pass properly and had to tackle him about 58 times just to win the ball back as it kept spinning into his possession all the time.

Annoying but will try and get to 8 wins for the swap token tonight.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited March 2022
    Game 11

4-0 RQ,,as soon as I saw cozza I knew my target 😆

He let 3 inside 20 min,,DCL volleyed shaw's cross,,then 👑 drogba buried 2 headers(cozza 😆),,he then became tight,,but DCL finished the contest in 60th after his original volley was saved by his cancelo(GK was out of picture)
  • Buzzbuzz
    Just played the biggest bell end ever. The guy was 4-1 up.

I slogged away and got it back to 4-4 on the 80th minute....the guy quits

Wtf is wrong with people
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    Just played the biggest bell end ever. The guy was 4-1 up.

I slogged away and got it back to 4-4 on the 80th minute....the guy quits

Wtf is wrong with people

Loser
  • Buzzbuzz
    Finished on 11 wins with a gift from a guy, nice to end on a positive, we had a nice chat after

Gifted my last three, couldn't be bothered going for 14 wins in this gameplay.

My rewards....nothing over 84 in my reds, packs or TOTW pack
  • JohnShelby
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Safckje wrote: »
    JohnShelby wrote: »
    Having the worst start currently 2-3 been having red connections in all my games

Totally unplayable.. i am 0-4 today.. forfeited all games do to lag and BS kickoff glitch that is benefited with this gameplay and everyone is abusing!! I hope all this players get covid

Quite a bit of an overreaction there mind. You could have just went with I hope they step on Lego.

Hahaha i hope they step on LEGO! Every Match today kickoff abusers … zero fun
  • Kaptentegel
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played to rank 5 and then gifted the rest of my games. I had no motivation at all this wl and played with only untradebales and gonna do so until I find something fun to spend my coins on.
  • P1stolpete187
    2-5 I literally can’t swap players and people are just walking through my defence
  • JohnShelby
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2022
    Matchamking doesn’t work today.. after 3,4 loses in row you get even better opp , atleast for me
    Kickoff abusers, last minute BS goals…
    I stoped at 5 wins this weekend, don’t have the energy to deal with this today
  • DutchDelight
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Went 11-4 and gave the rest away. Had a lot of fun with two new formations: 3412 and 5212. Nothing from red picks and can't open packs but still a good run.

Good luck everyone, go get those wins!
  • P1stolpete187
    4-6 now it’s more like ice hockey than football
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Game 12

Played a loser 1st,,who left from kick off
    Replay was lagged heavily,,he scored thrice inside 30min,,all from rebounds
    I got one back from DCL,before summoning nimble guys as it was bloody unplayable,,n guess what they cld do nothing,no turns,no pace burst,,still managed to get another in injury time

His maignan made 9 saves,,even my goals were saved by him initially,,,I hate him officially
    Most hated GK ever for me
  • JCDRANZER
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Any idea why WL was extended by a day?
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    JCDRANZER wrote: »
    Any idea why WL was extended by a day?

Maintenance on friday
  • FergiesTimepiece
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So I went ahead a crammed all the games into one huge session just now.

Had the bright idea to try a 352 for the first time this WL as well. After 11 games I had 3 sodding wins, and one of those was a gift!

So sacked my imagination as manager and brought in my memory, throwing together a boring old faithful 4231 that I used to use all the time back in FIFA20. Won the remaining games, with 12 wins actually being a personal best in 22. I mean, technically not since I got a gift this weekend but I'm counting it!

I just need to remember not makes things harder for myself next weekend!

Also means I'll probably need to change up the squad up again, since I'm not sure 7 chem Cancelo is really an 850k attacker, and I'm already sick of having 532 as my starting formation - absurd positioning at kickoff.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited March 2022
    Game 13

Everything went for my opponent,,yes he was better,,but every tackle,every interception,every save,every block went to him,,,lost 5-2,,,drogba restored some pride after being 5-0,,volleyed 2 lob passes

So 7-6 now
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    Played my first (and last) WL of the year. Half the teams I played were using zero depth from the looks of it (not a single player in my half on goal kicks) and I had to spam shot cancels left and right just to get off a shot at goal with so many defenders in the box. Started 5-2 but couldn’t be bothered with the nonsense so just gave away the rest of my games (got gifted two more wins along the way).
  • Joe_the_chef22
    951 posts Professional
    So toxin need one win from 6 games to get what am after but lost two game 0-0 thanks to quiters !!! Wtf
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    So toxin need one win from 6 games to get what am after but lost two game 0-0 thanks to quiters !!! Wtf

U only lose time thanx to losers,,n that can be frustrating
  • Joe_the_chef22
    951 posts Professional
    Will have 3 or 4 games left normally give them away not sure I can be the bigger person this week such toxin goings on
  • A_Snipe
    4160 posts National Call-Up
    Got my 11 and 6. Got about 60k from packs. May as well just get the 5 wins
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Will have 3 or 4 games left normally give them away not sure I can be the bigger person this week such toxin goings on

Not getting kindness in return is no reason to stop acting kind
  • P1stolpete187
    7-7 now gameplay has slightly improved but it’s still garbage.