Maybe I should sell Toty Ronaldo…

Nervous_Nick
7195 posts League Winner
I finally saved enough coins to buy Toty Cr7 last week.
It’s obviously my fault, but he’s not making a difference for me at all.
He’s not bad of course, but disappointing for a 5mil card.
WBY the Rat has been outscoring him in WL and Rivals (D1).
I struggle to create chances with him in 41212(2).
Even Abraham is more fun to use than CR7.
When I used him in previous fifas, he was so dominant and unstoppable, but he’s not working for me this year.
Should I try FS Torres, WW Martial, Prime Eusebio?
I need a striker with a good combination of acceleration, agility and strength.

Comments

• MoeilijkeMan
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    When I used him in previous fifas, he was so dominant and unstoppable, but he’s not working for me this year.

Probably won't see much love for this card, but I have him in my team and he's very good.
  • Domination
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero

Probably won't see much love for this card, but I have him in my team and he's very good.

I also use WW Martial upfront with Freeze Jesus and have hit 16 wins last 2 WL.

I'm at 2m in coins and probably 1.5/ in investable fodda but literally can't see myself upgrading either anytime soon.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Domination wrote: »

I also use WW Martial upfront with Freeze Jesus and have hit 16 wins last 2 WL.

I'm at 2m in coins and probably 1.5/ in investable fodda but literally can't see myself upgrading either anytime soon.

2-C2-EB7-A9-A67-B-4-A6-B-9-FDA-769-C4-EDC5-C91.png

I use him in this setup and have literally no incentive to upgrade him. Tried Mbappe and even TOTY CR7, both of them were not contributing as much as Martial does for me.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    He's getting old for football now. You should sell him to get back the coins. 5 millions is a lot. Although I haven't used him. But he definitely isn't the CR7 of other years.
  • mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    Engine. ST position, get forward. Watch his runs closely and feed him when he asks for the ball. An absolute goal machine. He's 4mill for a reason imho.

Used Martial a month ago and no way he'd get back into my team to replace CR7 I'm afraid. If you have coins go buy Martial and try him before dumping CR7.
  • AzizaG
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    FS Torres is insane.. very silky on the ball and his finishing is class
  • Jordonp
    3330 posts National Call-Up
    CR7 is a lone striker type of striker and works best with a CAM with good passing behind him.

His movement makes most sense when he’s front and centre to the goal (how you gonna score headers from the sides?)

If you’re running a two striker set up, someone like Mbappe or WBY make a lot more sense and the combination of those two will definitely feel more value than CR7.

You need to buy the players that best suit your formation.

• Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner
    Jordonp wrote: »
    CR7 is a lone striker type of striker and works best with a CAM with good passing behind him.

His movement makes most sense when he’s front and centre to the goal (how you gonna score headers from the sides?)

If you’re running a two striker set up, someone like Mbappe or WBY make a lot more sense and the combination of those two will definitely feel more value than CR7.

You need to buy the players that best suit your formation.

Yeah that makes sense. I will try him at lone ST before selling him.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move

I think you just described TOTY Mbappe. But I'm sure you know his finishing's trash compared to CR7.
  • Milonairs
    180 posts Sunday League Hero
    Swanz05 wrote: »

I think you just described TOTY Mbappe. But I'm sure you know his finishing's trash compared to CR7.
    True in that case just get sif mbappe the finishing wont get any better then that and u can spend the rest something elsewhere
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner
    this is the squad i'm using...start with 4231 and then switch to 41212(2), sometimes 352 with Thouameni as a third CB.
    All untradables except for CR7, Semedo and Tomiyasu.
    Toty Mbappè would fit but i'm 3-400k short even after selling CR7.
    These are the options:
    - sell CR7 and get toty kantè and ww martial (with KDB cam)
    - sell CR7 and get toty Messi (7 chem), toty Cancelo and WW Martial
    - sell CR7 and get FS Ferran, Toty Kante and Moments Hierro (I have Dest);

IMG-6629.jpg
    IMG-6628.jpg
  • player
    1023 posts Professional
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    Engine. ST position, get forward. Watch his runs closely and feed him when he asks for the ball. An absolute goal machine. He's 4mill for a reason imho.

Used Martial a month ago and no way he'd get back into my team to replace CR7 I'm afraid. If you have coins go buy Martial and try him before dumping CR7.

4 mil for a reason?
    It's all hype and rarity.
    Tammy Abraham is a better card,and I'm not joking.