Pro Clubs is Broken (Please read and respond)

Comments

• GoonerB
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The main issue in relation to speed/pace, is for some reason it is tied to your height (or lack of) in the first place.

Height has no relation to speed in real life, in the way it is inplemented.

If anything, taller people are generally faster than shorter people.

When this is corrected, fifa might return to some normality, and not filled with 5'4 clones.

Weight can have an effect, but there are many variables. IE: Fat vs. Muscle, among others.
  • > @Korthan said:
    > So what's happened to this game tonight?
    >
    > I've been playing on and off since late afternoon when it was open, scoring goals, winning games...
    >
    > THEN in the evening it's like EA pushed a button and turned this game into Pro Clubs 20 - impossibly OP defenders, goalkeepers...I've gone from scoring every 1v1 to scoring 0/3 1v1s and every shot went high and straight to the keeper (plus other shots going wide as I tried to overcompensate).
    >
    > How does this happen? It's not just my game, I've noticed my team members are struggling too - defenders are always on top of us, out-muscling us, anticipating passes into feet and jumping in to steal the ball, nobody can even use speed to get past them they've turned into supermen. You can't control or shield the ball from them if you receive a pass near the penalty box. Short passes are almost always intercepted in the final third, ball control gets tackled easily, pace gets caught up, through balls Y button just doesn't work.
    >
    > The only batch of goals came for the opposition teams on the counter attack, somehow they have no problem getting through defences or shooting past a goalkeeper in some games.
    >
    > There is no way I will be continuing to play this if it's like 20 again. It was bad enough that crosses, headers, LB&Y and through ball buttons are (a lot of the time) useless but there was still a way to play and score goals in 22. Now that seems to be gone too. It's boring spending an entire match trying and failing to get past an impenetrable brick wall of 6 close together defenders who can anticipate and stop everything.

I can tell you what happens. Its the old so-called "pressure bug" that many teams using bots have used for 10 years now, and EA doing nothing about it. Its even worse this year than previous years.

What happens is that the captain on the team spams the "team press" tactics over and over again. This just not only make the bots faster, stronger and very intelligent but it also makes the opponnent team pass-errrors a lot higher.

Its been used by exploiters for years now. For this very reason we only play against ANY-players. ANY´s can and will use this bug as well, but its not nearly as effektive as when used on bots.

Its a disgrace really .....
  • amen sioux65 it's horrible can't dribble the ball defenders are on u already and other pro players other team they are dribbling to score and the players on my team are not attacking letting them cruise by they foul u big time ref dont blow his whistle unavailable.
  • unbelievable no manches that means don't mess around it's horrible its not fair how can the opposite team pro players play this way their bots are raptors their on u fast our bot defenders some don't even try to take the ball they just run.this is horrible
  • I love to play fifa 22 pro club .bur it sucks the bots on my team there's times they let the pro players from the other team just cruise by unbelievable and my bots not even close to the other bots
  • RobRokk
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 7
    We could rename it to amateur club? 😉 Sorry a joke! What I realize today is that the players in my team seem to have harder time making accurate short passes while long passes was easier, shouldnt it be the other way around? Seriously, somes the logic with this game is just strange... Same thing with ai goalkeepers, they take vry difficult shots wit ease, while let in shots from very difficult angles, etc.
  • Luckski
    8 posts Ball Boy
    FUT is the cash cow for EA they have neglected clubs for years i wouldnt expect any improvement anytime soon
  • braidy030
    1 posts Ball Boy
    dear fellow prof club players,

i just requested a transfer to a 'random' club because i didnt want to play alone, now i get the message to change the club name due to offensive behaviour; however, i am not able to change it.. now i can not play / get in to the menu what so ever..?!?!? ( the message to change the club name pops up but i can not edit it ). so my question.. what can i do now to at least play a game..?

ty guys,
    braidy030 aka cruyfficholo
  • G_Vesa
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Dude it's june 10th when I am writing this. Me and my friends bought Fifa 22 like 2 weeks ago in PC because it was on sale in steam for $9 and we really wanted to play is proclubs together but it is infuriating every single time we play it. The AI is traight up stupid, not even my local club is that bad and whever I control my player it feels nerfed to the ground (It is a level 84 midfielder). We thought it could be a connection problem but we all have port forwarded our routers in orther to get the best connection and although we have encounter less lag stuttering the experience is still the shittiest one I've had in my life.

I really hope that loosing the FIFA licensing will bring a worthy competitor to at least make EA do somehting about this piece of crap they sell for $60 every single year with no real gameplay changes or even fixes encountered in previous years titles.
  • Korthan
    2540 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 12
    Twice today I have had to leave and re-load the FIFA game just because it got stuck on the wheel of doom while searching for a Pro Clubs match.

EA servers/connection is so clunky that it affects other devices connected to your router and can knock them off too. I've never heard of anything like this with any other games company.

Getting back to the point, how is it possible to take a drop-in match search that works and replace it with something that often doesn't work and freezes you on the screen?

Edit; make that three times today I've had to leave the game and reload it.

Edit 2: as an experiment I decided not to quit the wheel of doom and I end up in a waiting lobby with 3 other players waiting for an additional player. A couple of button presses later and you physically cannot leave the page, there is no 'back' button to let you leave. I accidentally pressed a button to open a small menu for one of the other players and I couldn't get out of it. Utterly bizarre.
    Post edited by Korthan on
  • Korthan
    edited June 12
    I love to play fifa 22 pro club .bur it sucks the bots on my team there's times they let the pro players from the other team just cruise by unbelievable and my bots not even close to the other bots

I've had this issue too, opponent defenders are superpowered but my team's bots let fast players cruise by them. When I try to speed past bot players their long legs or fast speed catches me then they muscle me off the ball with no effort, often from behind.

In years past you could tackle them back with a slide tackle but EA nerfed it. If you failed to win the ball you could do an angry red card slide challenge out of frustration but EA nerfed that too. Last two years your player would hit a forcefield but if you try it this year he does nothing. Total nerfing to favour defenders especially in the wide areas.

Just today I wanted my player to hit a first time shot from pass-cross before the keeper came out and he took a touch first! By the time he shot the keeper had come off his line and saved it. An extra animation I didn't ask for.
  • Korthan
    That's the second session I have had since returning after a break (the second session requiring 3 reboots and unfinished matches because of weekend players, so barely a session) and the goalkeepers have definitely been upgraded and it seems the defenders have too, a little bit.

So now it's even closer to the borefest of 2020 with super OP defenders and keepers leaving you with a very limited way to score, if you can score at all. I had no problem scoring goals before the last update even though my range was limited to what the game allowed (no headers, no turning past any defenders...).

To make it worse, the game today was full of weekend players - you know the ones, they are greedy/bad/greedy and bad and NEVER pass to you. If they are not being greedy then they act as if you have offended them so you waste your time making runs, showing for passes, taking up positions and it's all for nothing. They would rather twist and turn or run into defenders than pass to you. Or they hold the ball for no reason then pass to someone else. Yawn.

This makes the overall experience even more frustrating in this grind of a game. Gonna play something else now. I'll come back when EA ends its love affair with big strong super-reflex defenders and goalkeepers and also UN-nerfs some of the attacking buttons they have made next to useless, such as through ball.

Forgot to mention: I got fouled by a bot defender slide tackle but no foul was given and the game told me to 'release the ball sooner'. Yeah no thanks. Bye.
  • Korthan
    Yeah the goalkeepers have definitely been buffed, defenders now feel more OP than ever. Now it's Pro Clubs 20 all over again. That's me done for this year. No, it's not 'realistic' it's a boring grind and no fun. No room for expression. Just constant blocks, tugs, obstruction, long leg tackles, muscle bullying and rapid speed suppression from two lines of 4 killing the game dead. Yawn.

EA don't know how to make a football game. You boost defenders/goalkeepers and also DOWNGRADE through balls, aerial balls, close control, first time touches into sprints, first time shots, crosses, headers, shots etc and by doing so take away the tools to unlock these buffed defences. Genius. Absolute genius.

What's that you say? You need all your skill points and perks to make a difference? Well I have more than half of mine plus 2 perks and it's still an impossible slog. The only way I can score goals is now finished because all my shots get saved.

That is based on the very small number of shots I have managed in the last 3 attempted sessions because I'm not even getting shots in now, partly due to selfish/stupid team-mates who refuse to pass to me as if I have offended them, making the whole situation even more frustrating. I rarely finish a match now due to that or boredom or undeservedly losing to EA's beloved, over-rewarded counter-attacks.

It's such a repetitive grind except there's no goals at the end of it now. Making space for shots at the edge of the box? What's that? Turning a defender? Nope. You'll be tackled every time. Speeding past him? Only after a long run up down the wing and only if you don't get the ball within 3 virtual yards of the defender.

Anyway, another rant over, won't be touching this again this year. So boring.
  • Don't worry, guys. It's June 15th, and all of the problems we've mentioned.........are much worse. I've been playing ProClubs. Haven't played since FIFA 18 because of how BAD this game has been. Decided to play again since the game was free, and I want my money back. Wow, I can't believe how bad ProClubs has gotten. They ramped up the defense skill unrealistically and made everything else terrible.
  • Legend. Btw EA employee, KYS
  • Korthan
    edited June 27
    -

• Korthan
    edited June 27
    Well they've eased up on the goalkeepers and defenders a little bit so now it's playable again. Good news (even if I did see one player score from the centre circle from kick-off and another player score two long range shots from the same position, all in the same match. Must have been a freak).

Getting 2 games in almost 3 hours of trying to play a session? Not so good. Go back to the old drop-in system this one is broken.
  • Korthan
    edited June 28
    Oh EA what have you done? About an hour ago the bot goalkeepers became invincible again, making unbelievable saves. Perhaps even worse than before.

Sigh. Are you trolling or what?
  • Korthan
    Tried one match tonight. Lost 1-2. All 3 goals were finesse shots from outside the box - the only way you can score a goal now apparently.

Don't know why EA would tone down the defenders and goalkeepers three days ago, making the game playable again, then reverse it back to being stifling, boring, everything blocked/tackled/intercepted and then on top of that make the goalkeepers invincible again (apart from finesse shots from outside the box, for some reason).

Is this controlled demolition of their own product or trolling? This forum being dead even on the FUT section tells a story about the current product.

I'm repeating myself but since 19 EA has been slowly, one by one, breaking the effectiveness of all the attacking commands but boosting all the bot defenders and also goalkeepers (on and off). This rendered 20 unplayable for me.

I understand that pre-19 may have been on the 'easy' side for some and also there are always calls from some to improve the bot defenders and goalkeepers but this is one extreme to the other. At least the pre-19 version were fun and had free expression. You could master the through ball and shoot buttons alone. Now they are next to useless, along with crossing and most players taking bad penalties with the newer PK/FK method. Why does every attacking button have to be broken when you can just boost the defenders and slightly improve the goalkeepers? The shooting button still resulted in goals if you managed to break away from the now OP super-speed defenders and get one v one against the goalkeeper but when the goalkeeper is then boosted to save everything in the box then that becomes useless too. So how the hell do you score a goal? Through balls are intercepted, lofted balls are intercepted, bursting past defenders with pace is no longer possible, quickly turning past defenders is no longer possible, crosses are almost entirely useless (they mostly bend towards the goalkeeper or behind your team players in the penalty box).

You can only amend your playing style so much and not everyone plays the same way. Only the most sweaty skill players who play this game relentlessly will possible may find a way, although I see finesse goals scored from the edge of the box from players who are not brilliant but know this meta. When I try it, it's blocked or saved. And I have better things to do then spend a whole game trying to line up one particular type of shot from a particular distance.

About the 'improved' defenders - they have become inhumanly good at blocking runs, pulling shirts and marking runs. Yes, this happens in real football and it's better than the bots never doing it at all but not 100% of the time. In real football it is possible to lose your marker or at least gain a crucial yard or two by bursting at the right time. Not in this game. Even when you do get ahead of them their super body strength and speed simply smothers whatever you try when the ball comes to you. All the time.

Also, on at least 4 occasions I have seen bot defenders hacking down players from behind and no foul being called. Ironic, given that the nerfing of the slide tackle button the other way round. I mentioned before that you used to be able to tackle back on the full-backs (now super OP and rob you easily) when they robbed you of the ball but that was nerfed and a year later you couldn't even get angry and do a revenge slide tackle foul to take the red card. The first year this was nerfed your player did an ineffective short leg slide against a force field. A year later your player didn't respond to the command at all. I could see the case for making the defenders a little better in this regard but giving them the right to hack you down when you can no longer do it to them? On top of them ghosting and muscling their way in front of you to take the ball and stride away with it easily, even when they were behind you or you turned direction quickly? Wow.

• Korthan
    So the goalkeepers have been toned down (until next time) but the defenders are still OP.

Or is it more that crossing and through balls are broken (by design)?

Still imbalanced compared to the days of 18 and before imo (I don't think even 19's through balls and crosses were this nerfed).
  • Korthan
    GoonerB wrote: »
    The main issue in relation to speed/pace, is for some reason it is tied to your height (or lack of) in the first place.

Height has no relation to speed in real life, in the way it is inplemented.

If anything, taller people are generally faster than shorter people.

When this is corrected, fifa might return to some normality, and not filled with 5'4 clones.

Weight can have an effect, but there are many variables. IE: Fat vs. Muscle, among others.

True but I was just making a point about the OP full backs. They don't just read and match your quick turns, they zoom ahead of you and steal the ball too all in one motion (as do the CBs in the middle). And you have next to no chance of catching up and getting it back either.

This can happen in real football but all the time? Against very quick players with pace points and skill points? Fast players make defenders nervous in real football. Even if they guess your time and direction of turn doesn't mean they automatically get the ball and you can't shield it.
  • Korthan
    edited July 1
    Goalkeepers

Can't work them out. One game they're poor or average and in the next game they're unbeatable. No consistency.

It seems to be that if a human player starts then leaves that makes the goalkeeper invincible?

Btw, the game I just played with an invincible goalkeeper? Two goals. Both finesse curlers from outside the box. Again. I had a powerful directed shot from well inside the box saved.

OP defenders still killing this game though, that and the broken attacking commands. Too one-sided. Tried to give it another chance but the first team we played with a rubbish goalie made it seem more promising than it was. The games got more stifling and boring as the session wore on.

There were a couple of occasions where (it seemed) the game actually sabotaged a couple of passes intended to play another player through on goal. It also feels like the game delays through balls by a second so they can be intercepted (which they mostly are anyway) or offside.
  • CJ200
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Hi,

I write in this FIFA post in order to claim against the multiple robberies my team has been through.
    Basados FC is fed up with the scripting decisions we are undergoing everytime we are close to save from relegation. Clearly YOU DO NOT WANT US THERE.
    First warning. In case of a second issue, we will have no choice but inscribing ourselves in Copa Konami.

Regards,
    CEO Basados.
  • sadkow
    8 posts Ball Boy
    What is going on, it's July and the white glitch jersey is still there, you can't even report these bugs from the game, nor can you report bugs from the webapp in UT, what the **** is going on?

A whole year and that bug isn't patched, amongst many others... Truly disgusting
  • The_Roonaldo7
    74 posts Park Captain
    So many sill gameplay issues and bugs in this game. Ridiculous lack of care in the programming.
    Some examples:
    Drop ins - Not being able to find a game. Searching for match never ends seemingly.
    The game is 1 v 1 or 5 v 1
    Ridiculous inability to tackle players (unless the scripting wants you to) leaves players running around wuth the ball for 10 mins doing silly skills and spamming the sticks.
    Getting penalised in match rating for not being in position even though you can't possibly have the stamina to run up and down the pitch for 90mins. Being penalised for being out of position even when saving certain goals.
    Ridiculous passages of play where the bots either win for you or lose for you 100%. Eg. 4-1 up with 20 mins left playing 1 v 2 and the bots give away possession immediately on getting it 18 times till it's 4-4....and surprise it's a 93rd minute equaliser. How unusual!!
    EA really need to invest in the game and take the silliness for the kids out. As I've said before, if you want to please the kids with silly game of 8-7 and a winner in the 96th minute every game, give the kids a separate server to play on.
    It could be a really good game but it's been destroyed.
  • GoonerB
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So many sill gameplay issues and bugs in this game. Ridiculous lack of care in the programming.
    Some examples:
    Drop ins - Not being able to find a game. Searching for match never ends seemingly.
    The game is 1 v 1 or 5 v 1
    EA really need to invest in the game and take the silliness for the kids out. As I've said before, if you want to please the kids with silly game of 8-7 and a winner in the 96th minute every game, give the kids a separate server to play on.
    It could be a really good game but it's been destroyed.

The stuck drop ins and unbalanced teams was an issue in beta, complained about the whole year, and EA wouldn't even acknowledge the issue. Here we are a week from the next beta, and the issue hasn't improved since last August.
    I have no faith with 23 using the same set up that they have fixed "what isn't broken", so it will be the same wasted mode again.
    Combine that with 4 minute half's and the mode is almost completely pointless.
    I'm not waiting for 20-30m trying to find a game, when the game itself last less than 10m.
    The silliness is set to continue and accelerate judging by the reveal trailer for pro clubs.
    It's all clothing, even faster progress, and boosts to help weak players play better.
    Fifa used to try and be a simulation. Now it's firmly arcade with fancy graphics.

I'm an older gamer, I get that games need to be appealing for all, however I feel increasingly that the core gamers that supported this mode from the begining (2008) are being left behind to cater for some version of football on steroids. Too many high scoring games, too easy to play basic counter attack football, I could moan for hours how badly this mode has faded from representing football, or the direction it initially set out on.

Clubs needs to be split.
    "Casual Mode", for the ones who want quick games, lots of goals, stupid clothing, and skill moves for days.
    "Simulation mode",for people that actually want to play something that resembles the sport that this game is supposed to represent.

I won't be buying 23 till it's on sale, if at all.
    This will be the first year that I haven't purchased day 1 since 1994.
    The game has become a parody of itself.