Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Rand0m Hero
    1257 posts Professional
    edited February 26
    2.53 v 0.51 xG
  • WryLucky
    6627 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly felt like Man Utd should have scored 4 or more, surprised it's only at 2.5.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35792 posts World Cup Winner
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Honestly felt like Man Utd should have scored 4 or more, surprised it's only at 2.5.

Oh no doubt. It's because ultimately we only had 3 shots on target and then one hitting the post. The rest were wide of the goal.
  • Kanturk
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Kanturk wrote: »
    Ralf needs to stop taking off our midfielders and ending up with Bruno and/or Pogba playing CDM. It's makes us lose a lot of the control on the game. Bruno probably should have come off today, he was just off it. I don't care if Cavani has one leg, next week he better be in the squad or release him.

We went all out attack....

We didn't create a decent chance when we went "all out attack"...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ralf needs to stop taking off our midfielders and ending up with Bruno and/or Pogba playing CDM. It's makes us lose a lot of the control on the game. Bruno probably should have come off today, he was just off it. I don't care if Cavani has one leg, next week he better be in the squad or release him.

We went all out attack....

We didn't create a decent chance when we went "all out attack"...

disagree with that but regardless neither did they. They had one decent counter that ultimately resulted in a shot from 25+ yards out and went wide.The risk of conceding was pretty low given they had hardly been a threat all game. You're acting as if Ralf does that every game when I believe this is a first.

Just seems like you're nitpicking something to criticize Ralf for... when he arguably got everything correct today. Only thing I'd have liked to have seen different personally was Dalot on for AWB instead of Shaw for Telles.
  • Teh Zombz
    5486 posts Big Money Move
    that is awful :D
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    If only our finishing wasn't at rock bottom

• UM4R
    4873 posts Moderator

Great team goal, imagine our first team doing that
  • Kman
    4310 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »
    I think Ronaldo is reaching that drop-off Alexis reached just before he came to us..I think he just doesn’t have enough at the very least to start for us. Should be coming on as impact off the bench. We need a striker.

Ronaldo has his annual dry patch and suddenly he’s the next Alexis…

He’s 37 mate..

• Cyodine
    6166 posts Big Money Move
    I think Ronaldo is reaching that drop-off Alexis reached just before he came to us..I think he just doesn’t have enough at the very least to start for us. Should be coming on as impact off the bench. We need a striker.

He’s 37 mate..

He's no James Milner.
  • Diddymow
    5842 posts Big Money Move
    I've pretty much accepted we're finishing 6th at best now. Can't wait to be back in the better European competition next season!
  • yosef167
    5749 posts Big Money Move
    i still dont want to giveup and never will giveup
    we have improved we are playing better Football and all we need is having our players back in form (the hardest part)
    i am not afraid of the next Run.. We are United and we have always been Great In Big games. its hard but its not Imposibble
    United Means Believe ❤✌
  • Tornado31619
    33547 posts National Team Captain

He’s 37 mate..

Were you saying that he was 36 at the start of the season? He goes through this run of form every year. There’s no evidence that he’s finished yet.
  • Teh Zombz
    problem with ronaldo is he offers nothing if he isn't scoring goals, he has decent link up play sometimes but most of the time it's like playing with 10 men
  • Kman

He’s 37 mate..

Were you saying that he was 36 at the start of the season? He goes through this run of form every year. There’s no evidence that he’s finished yet.

Never said he was finished, just that his drop off is major just like Alexis was. Regardless he shouldn’t be starting.
  • yosef167

He’s 37 mate..

Never said he was finished, just that his drop off is major just like Alexis was. Regardless he shouldn’t be starting.

Who do you want to start with?
    options are : Sancho , Elanga , Ronaldo, Rashford

Cavani is injuried all the time
    our best options are: Elanga Ronaldo Sancho
    CR7 will has his word and will back into form.. he is human and he can get into these Periods. he will never be finished until he decide he is.
  • Kman
    edited February 28
    yosef167 wrote: »

He’s 37 mate..

CR7 will has his word and will back into form.. he is human and he can get into these Periods. he will never be finished until he decide he is.

Hope he does play better but right now, he’s borderline more of a hindrance than help. Cavani when back should start over him.
  • limjitwe
    10095 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »

He’s 37 mate..

Agree. There’s no one better at the moment. Cavani is injured. Rashford is horribly out of confidence and form. We let Martial go (no complains there).

I’m not giving up. Lots of football to be played. We just need our form back as we are just not converting our chances we created. I’ll be more worried if we don’t create anything noteworthy during games.
  • forearms
    6187 posts Big Money Move
    Ronaldo is in incredibly bad form. I dont agree with those saying he is washed up though. From the time we signed him to the end of 2021, he scored 19 goals with 3 assists in 24 games for club and country. I dont think someone becomes washed up once the new year begins and through 10 matches. Hes older, no doubt, but he was fine prior to 2022. He is undeniably terrible form, but at this point, there arent many on the squad who arent.
  • Diddymow
    5842 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone from the academy ready for a chance? Heard good things about Garnacho and Hugill.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain

Hard pass for me. While he's still a capable coach, he's a stopgap at best now until the guy you really want is available.

Thankfully it just seems to be a case of "well if all else fails"
  • yosef167
    I Love SAF but can he stay away from choosing our next manager?
  • forearms
    6187 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly, what is this garbage? Going from Ole, to a caretaker, to an interim, to a "short term manager"? That has been the way I have seen it reported with Ancelotti.
  • Teh Zombz
    what's the chances that ralf stays on if we have a really good end to the season? would we even want him to stay?
  • Ashy
    22152 posts Club Captain
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    what's the chances that ralf stays on if we have a really good end to the season? would we even want him to stay?

I mean if he has a strong end and finishes on 70+ points gets top 4 and let's say puts on a show in the quarter finals of UCL vs whoever that's a decent season considering.

Then you could miss out on Poch if he wants to stay at PSG or go to Real Madrid or even Spurs, Ten Hag may have insurances he can take over Pep at City after next season. Suddenly you are panicking and looking at Ancelotti and Rodgers or just throw the bucket of money at Conte and hope for the best.

Ralf could be quite likely to stay IF you get top 4, do not get embarrassed in UCL and the main two options are not possible
  • Cyodine
    6166 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

I mean if he has a strong end and finishes on 70+ points gets top 4 and let's say puts on a show in the quarter finals of UCL vs whoever that's a decent season considering.

Then you could miss out on Poch if he wants to stay at PSG or go to Real Madrid or even Spurs, Ten Hag may have insurances he can take over Pep at City after next season. Suddenly you are panicking and looking at Ancelotti and Rodgers or just throw the bucket of money at Conte and hope for the best.

Ralf could be quite likely to stay IF you get top 4, do not get embarrassed in UCL and the main two options are not possible

Or they could just sign Moyes again and pretend like nothing ever happened.
  • VVD4
    7214 posts Big Money Move
    Dead team.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited March 3
    Love that people are reading that as if it's 100% a fact and/or that he's first choice...

Nevermind the fact that he's actually a good manager, even if he's typically short term... people were saying we should have signed Conte ffs.